Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

color change firehawk?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default color change firehawk?

Picking up a faded black 2000 firehawk next week and was really looking into changing it to either jet stream blue off the vettes or maybe snake skin green. Has anyone seen a firehawk either of these colors? or can someone possibly photshop it for me?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

I just saw some guys snake skin ws6 and i almost puked when i saw it from the front but surprisingly the back angle wasnt bad. I saw a jet stream ws6 that looked all light colred and nasty but I was tginking it was due to bad prep since the vettes look waaaaay different.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What color did green manalishi have his car? His car was badass.

This thread has some pics of a jetstream blue trans am

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...-trans-am.html
Old 06-14-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic02
Picking up a faded black 2000 firehawk next week and was really looking into changing it to either jet stream blue off the vettes or maybe snake skin green. Has anyone seen a firehawk either of these colors? or can someone possibly photshop it for me?
I haven't seen a hawk in either color.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...quote-pix.html

has several examples of both colors in in

I have a suggestion for you if you are looking at metallic blues... honda ( I know lol) has a new color that looks amazing called still night pearl. We're having our old foxbody done in it soon, should def check it out if you have a honda dealership nearby it really looks killer in person
Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Regular

yeah zlow28 that's the light funny looking one I was talking about! what happened? looks like they mixed in silver with that thing?

I was really wanting to stay with a gm color but I assume I will expand my horizons a little more. Im gonna have to check that one out rolltide
Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

This color is from an 05 Silverado. I think it would be nice on a fire hawk

Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 98 ws6 was orig white and some dumb *** painted it black. Now I hate white and love black but still think it never should have been done.
These cars are getting older and still around but in less and less numbers.
or resale purpose I say stay with the orig color unless you fix up a wreck most collectors wouldn't buy anyway. Put on a 5-10k custom color only a fool would give you what you have close to what you have in it because now they have to strip it and paint it right
Not being a jerk JMHO
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my opinion if you're worried about resale, modifying cars is something you should avoid altogether. It belongs to you, do whatever you want to it. I personally love color changing cars because you get that slick new paint shine for a while until it gets some road miles on it, plus the new color makes you feel like you got a new car everytime you walk up to it in a parking lot.
It's similar to when your girl changes her hairstyle or color. For a little while you can pretend she's someone else Just kidding!
(no Im not)
Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 AM
TECH Regular

Haha! You guys are funny! Im going to school for paint so it only cost materials. Its gonna be jet stream blue!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:21 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Modding a car destroys resale value period,anything custom will hurt the value,people want oem,and to add look at all the high dollar rides in the for sale section,some with way over 35gs invested,there lucky to get 15-25 range,noone pays for mods,every modded car takes a loss when comes time to sell,thats why so many part there car out,when you can sell the mods for more than the car its the smart thing to do,
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

My Firehawk has 115k miles and counting. It is daily driven, I will chop it up for a single tubro if I had the money. Enjoy your car the way you want it man. Invest in a 401k if you want value, mod your car and drive the **** out of it while you can!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

It has a rebuilt title. I never said anything about resale or hurting the value. If you buy these cars right you can mod the **** out of it and still come out ahead. Did it with the last one. I have a 50k mile lq4 that im building to stick in it.

Quick Reply: color change firehawk?