Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Porsche vs Paul Walker & Ryan Dunn

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche vs Paul Walker & Ryan Dunn

RIP both guys. Paul walker was someone I looked up to as a child. He lived Fast & furious in front & behind the cameras. We’ll all miss him. Ryan Dunn lived jackass in both. Not implying his crash was anything jackass.

Question is Porsche is suppose to be the cars with the best handling?

Paul Walker: Porsche Carrera GT
Ryan Dunn: 911 997 GT3

Is it improper judgement of these men to why they lost control or is the cars?

May be a blasphemy dumb question, just curious about these cars and how well they handle mainly because I almost rented a 996 non turbo for 1 day. Went with a cayenne instead. Hearing these 2 men die make me want to focus on my suspension and handling before I attack the motor.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Ryan Dunn being drunk and hauling *** didn't help his case. It sounds like the guy driving the Carrera GT was plenty experienced, might have been carrying too much speed, something in the road, slick spot etc. As far as how Porsches handle, I've never driven one but anything rear or mid engine can get out of control very quickly even for an experienced driver. One they start to slide you have a very small opportunity to save it before it snaps around on you.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

its pretty amazing how well they handle i dont remember the exact model but i went for a ride in one with a guy in the rain and i was impressed my car couldent do nearly that well on dry roads let alone wet. but anything can happen and i would think maybe when a rear motor car goes sideways it probably has more momentum to keep sliding instead of straightening out
Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Carrea gt I have read several times they are a handful. Not your novice type car. Even the best screw up. Ever drive something and it drives to good? This is were you get confident and you eventually find it's limits or your driving limits.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:41 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Wrong forum, retard
Old 12-01-2013, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

No telling what happened. Apparently the guy driving was a race car driver at one point.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Wrong forum, retard
Very audacious of you take leave a comment that was more irrelevant than me posting in the wrong forum. It just doesn't beat the audacious retard habit that you put 5 octane boosters in with your 91 octane. Guess in your area they are too broke to afford 93 octane at your local gas station. Funny sig though. Now enough with the trolling and back to the OT. Paul Walker just died and no space for you BS.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Definitely looked like oil on the streets and I don't think it was from the car. Long long oily looking on the streets.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:34 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
Very audacious of you take leave a comment that was more irrelevant than me posting in the wrong forum. It just doesn't beat the audacious retard habit that you put 5 octane boosters in with your 91 octane. Guess in your area they are too broke to afford 93 octane at your local gas station. Funny sig though. Now enough with the trolling and back to the OT. Paul Walker just died and no space for you BS.
Yeah, he died yesterday so you're posting a day late, regardless of it being on topic or not.
If you wanted to post this, there is an OT thread in this forum, but it was already posted there.

Cliffs: Post is off topic and he's still late to the game. Fail. Lol.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Yeah, he died yesterday so you're posting a day late, regardless of it being on topic or not.
If you wanted to post this, there is an OT thread in this forum, but it was already posted there.

Cliffs: Post is off topic and he's still late to the game. Fail. Lol.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:45 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by CamaroSS27
Ban me for the truth? Lol.
If they won't ban automach for trolling, they won't ban me.

Last edited by audacious nick; 12-02-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Ryan Dunn being drunk and hauling *** didn't help his case. It sounds like the guy driving the Carrera GT was plenty experienced, might have been carrying too much speed, something in the road, slick spot etc. As far as how Porsches handle, I've never driven one but anything rear or mid engine can get out of control very quickly even for an experienced driver. One they start to slide you have a very small opportunity to save it before it snaps around on you.
Ditto…

Ever drive a small car with any sense of decent torque into a turn, applying power ahead of the apex? Even a front engine car will raise the front end… just before the torque breaks the rear tires loose.

Now, add SERIOUS, instantaneous torque to mid or rear-engine setup and an impaired driver's system, and/or a substandard surface, and ***** gonna get real RIGHT NOW! Odds are he was setting up a drift with too much momentum, inadequate surface return for traction (Slippery road, oil, sand, etc…) and lastly, no where SOFT to go… .

That's the whole thing behind: "These stunts are done by professional drivers in a controlled environment".

Even professional drivers lose control… operating beyond the safe limits of physics, is a dangerous game. But that also happens to be what makes it fun.

Both of those guys knew that and both have paid the tab, for what Nature only knows, how many others who will today, roll into their turns a little cooler and NOT set themselves up for that drift on that street in the middle of the industrial park, in which they work.

Quick Reply: Porsche vs Paul Walker & Ryan Dunn