Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

push button on window switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default push button on window switch

anyone ever use a push button on a window switch would it be the same as a wot switch? i would imagine so but just making sure! also would i just tie in the wot switch would be? thanks
Old 12-24-2013, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I've never even heard of a WOT switch that uses a push button that's tied into the window switch as well lol
Old 12-24-2013, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
I've never even heard of a WOT switch that uses a push button that's tied into the window switch as well lol
lol...instead of it being a wide open throttle switch mounted under my pedal (drive by wire) that kicks on when i reach the rpm window can i just have a button in my hand that i can press and hold and when the rpms reach the window it sprays and stops right before the shift even though im still holding the button down. the wide open throttle switch under the pedal isnt very good because it gets pressed at half throttle
Old 12-24-2013, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I put the kit on my buddies G8, I used an electric TPS WOT switch, and a button. So has to be WOT and button has to be pressed for it to spray. The window switch and button would be a little more risky because if you forget to let off the button after racing, the RPMs will still most likely be in the spraying range after letting off the gas. With the WOT switch you HAVE to be WOT for it to spray. If that makes sense lol.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:04 AM
On The Tree

wow never thought about that lol makes complete sense! would you happen to have a diagram of how that was wired
Old 12-25-2013, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jake75
wow never thought about that lol makes complete sense! would you happen to have a diagram of how that was wired
Nah I don't have a diagram sorry. If I remember correctly, there's an activation switch that uses power from the cigarette lighter, then the output of the switch goes through the button first, then out to power the electric WOT switch. So activation switch has to be on and button has to be pressed for the WOT switch to power on. Then the switch reads TPS voltage and will trigger the relay when at WOT. Output of relay goes to the noids and the noids are grounded.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Yes, works the same way.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

-Garrett
Old 12-26-2013, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You can either have the Push Button in the place of the WOT switch or you can run them both in tandem. PM me what all is in your system and I'll see if I have a diagram.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

I had a button in my B&M shifter handle (thumb operated)... I trusted my thumb more than my foot.... IF something happened, natural reaction would be to let go of the shifter and grab steering wheel
If you wire the button in like the micro switch, it will work fine.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

awesome thanks guys..i was testing out the button with the motor off and when i push the button the relay kinda buzzes. is that normal since the window switch isnt allowing it to activate the solenoid?
Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jake75
awesome thanks guys..i was testing out the button with the motor off and when i push the button the relay kinda buzzes. is that normal since the window switch isnt allowing it to activate the solenoid?
The window switch interupts the ground wire on the relay, keeping the nitrous system from activating.

-Garrett
Old 12-27-2013, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
The window switch interupts the ground wire on the relay, keeping the nitrous system from activating.

-Garrett
so is that why im hearing the buzzing? my next plan is to take off the nozzle and get up to the rpm where the window activates and see if it sprays...wont be until i get off work tho
Old 12-27-2013, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Your buzzing is probably caused by a wiring error. A buzzer is created when current to a relay's coil flows through the relay's contacts. Make sure that only solenoid current flows through your relay's contacts. Current to your relay's coil should only flow through your WOT, Push-Button, and arm switches.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hector
Your buzzing is probably caused by a wiring error. A buzzer is created when current to a relay's coil flows through the relay's contacts. Make sure that only solenoid current flows through your relay's contacts. Current to your relay's coil should only flow through your WOT, Push-Button, and arm switches.
Anyone have a wiring diagram? Showing single nozzle setup with digital msd window switch on a button

Quick Reply: push button on window switch