New Pacesetters in Stock --Pics--->

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 01:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Pacesetters in Stock --Pics--->

We have the Pacesetter headers in stock now!!
Here's some quick pics of the new Pacesetter headers! They're way better quality than before! They feature new flanges, a completely new Y pipe, and they were recently redesigned so they clear the kmember!!

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 05-12-2004, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much for coated LTs for a 00 Z-28? And uncoated ORY?
Old 05-12-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

great, i just ordered some like 2 weeks ago.... and they don't clear the K-member
Old 05-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much for headers, y-pipe, and o2 sims, for 2000 Camaro M6? Shipped to 70737.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

How much for coated Lt's, uncoated ORY, and 02 sims, shipped to 78586. Thanks
Old 05-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

how much for the LTs and Y sent to 55304? coated and uncoated? thanks
Old 05-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RGVWS6
How much for coated Lt's, uncoated ORY, and 02 sims, shipped to 78586. Thanks
same thing but to 55304
Old 05-13-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

how much for headers and y, both coated and uncoated to 87413?
Old 05-13-2004, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

How much for coated and uncoated headers with coated and uncoated y-pipe sent to 40422?

Also, how much for high flow cats? Where would I weld the cats onto the y-pipe? Would clearance be a problem?
Old 05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

that y-pipe looks really awsome

you think it will work with hooker headers?
Old 05-15-2004, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

never mind the fact that the company doesn't give a rats *** about its customers that got screwed with the original junk.

One must wonder if they are really better,and if anything i'd like to let you know if there is any fitment issues pacesetter won't do SQUAT for you , as they dont stand behind their product nor did they stand behind TSP.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Pathological Modifier

Hey can you ask Pacesetter if there is any plans to make a long tube for the trucks? I don't even care if they even make a y-pipe for them......

Ryan K.
My HD needs a set of REASONABLE PRICED headers
Old 05-16-2004, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

i will say after all the work to get them to fit, they did perform well for the $$.. So ymmv. In all fairness TSP wasn't to blame, i was, because i didn't search the forums which resulted in dozens of "doesn't fit well" posts before buying.. TSP was very cool but i was still disappointed in the end results of fitment and thankfully my installer/tuner was kind enough to fix the fitment issues without charging me extra even though i didnt buy the parts from him. So im not ragging tsp, just pacesetter in general.

Do the new upgraded Y pipes still have that crappy Y weld? That was the part that miffed me the most when i opened the box, ghetto fabulous was the best way to describe the ORY Y weld.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

It seems that they also have fitment issues on V6s. Y-pipes are too short. I have mine sitting in the garage contemplating if I should try to put them in. So they refused to refund you the money? Well if mine doesn't fit they better believe I'll want my money back or I'll take legal actions.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Whats the point after paying an installer to put them in, to take them back out. cost wise i was lucky to have a nice mechanic who notched the kmember, wanked the Y pipe and bent the **** out of the ory. Works fine now. I can't imagine the labor necessary to do all this myself without a lift. I would have been mad then. Again it was my fault, i shoulda searched on "pacesetter fitment" here or asked b4 hand. Then again i'm not terribly pleased that folks that sell equipment don't know about such issues or ignore them, or don't pre-warn customers. Had i have been told (again my bad for not asking/checking the forums). I'd have paid a $100-150 more for some hooker brand. It seems some things (like my tci ssf 3500) was a bargain, and i didn't have any problems, whereas the pacesetters were not. At this point what can i do its all installed and ghetto fabulously tweaked to work. I found it amusing that pacesetter said tuff cookie we'll look into it for our next batch. Not exactly what i consider good customer service, but then again this is the bottom of the line product, so i shoulda known better. Win a few lose a few.. The offer of replacement was never mentioned in the emails. I should not have to beg, sue, rag a company for this. I will just share my experience from now on about pacesetter, so others are informed.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Except in my case, I have a V6 and my only other choice is RK Sport for almost twice the money. And they have bad leaks because of thin flanges.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by samz28
Whats the point after paying an installer to put them in, to take them back out. cost wise i was lucky to have a nice mechanic who notched the kmember, wanked the Y pipe and bent the **** out of the ory. Works fine now. I can't imagine the labor necessary to do all this myself without a lift. I would have been mad then. Again it was my fault, i shoulda searched on "pacesetter fitment" here or asked b4 hand. Then again i'm not terribly pleased that folks that sell equipment don't know about such issues or ignore them, or don't pre-warn customers. Had i have been told (again my bad for not asking/checking the forums). I'd have paid a $100-150 more for some hooker brand. It seems some things (like my tci ssf 3500) was a bargain, and i didn't have any problems, whereas the pacesetters were not. At this point what can i do its all installed and ghetto fabulously tweaked to work. I found it amusing that pacesetter said tuff cookie we'll look into it for our next batch. Not exactly what i consider good customer service, but then again this is the bottom of the line product, so i shoulda known better. Win a few lose a few.. The offer of replacement was never mentioned in the emails. I should not have to beg, sue, rag a company for this. I will just share my experience from now on about pacesetter, so others are informed.
i ordered my pacesetters from TSP about 3 months ago and thought they were an awsome deal. i did have to notch the k-member but it only took me an extra 30 minutes or so. i did not order the Y-pipe since i heard all the bad things about it so i just had a true dual setup installed at muffler shop. in the end, i am totally happy with my set and the money i saved. also TSP had great customer service. at first they gave me the wrong set but fixed it with out hassle. i would reqamend these headers to anyone that whats to save money.

steve.