Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80 with trans break

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80 with trans break

I have a built 4l60 right now but thinking about going with a 4l80 on brake. Was going to go th400 but I do like my overdrive. Any thoughts or recommendations on this? Would like it to hold about 7-800 rwhp. If not I'll end up going th400 but just pondering the idea right now
Old 09-04-2014, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes,,,,get one from jakes transmissions man
Old 09-04-2014, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

North Texas converter.. good priced and 1 yr warranty... Can't beat that with a stick
Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Give us a call,
We have more 4L80E's out there than any other company in the performance industry.
Our transbrakes and transmissions have proven themselves.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
I have a built 4l60 right now but thinking about going with a 4l80 on brake. Was going to go th400 but I do like my overdrive. Any thoughts or recommendations on this? Would like it to hold about 7-800 rwhp. If not I'll end up going th400 but just pondering the idea right now
North Texas converter call them !!!!they have a new design trans break that engages and releases faster than any on the market.they are building me one for my 1500 hp street car
Old 09-04-2014, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jakes is definitely at the top of my list and I'll check out texas converter. But my main question was do you guys recommend the 80 over the 400? This is more of a street car but does go to the track 5/6 times a year.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

And thanks for the quick responses
Old 09-04-2014, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ws602
North Texas converter call them !!!!they have a new design trans break that engages and releases faster than any on the market.they are building me one for my 1500 hp street car
You haven't gotten it in the car or tested it at 1500 yet but it's the cat's meow right?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jakes is definitely at the top of my list and I'll check out texas converter. But my main question was do you guys recommend the 80 over the 400? This is more of a street car but does go to the track 5/6 times a year.
Man call North Texas converter!!!!customer service is top notch!!!! I was in the same situation you are in, I called and practically beg top name sponsor on this site to call me ..I sent them PMS and they were very unconcerned on the many question i had for them...I fell like the amount of money i was about to spin i had the right to talk to the owner or the person building it not a shop helper..I bet once you call North Texas converter you will buy one of there transmissions!!! not to many company's will call you on a Sunday and give you detail summary on your build ..Not to many builders will give you their cell phone and tell you to call any time if you have any questions.Buying a transmission for them is more than a sell its a FREINDSHIP!!!!!!!!!I am so glad that sponsor was to busy to return my call!!!lol IF HE WOULD HAVE I WOULD HAD A TRANSMISSION WITH A SLOW SLOW SET AND RELEASING TRANS BREAK......NORTH TEXAS CONVERTER
Attached Thumbnails 4l80 with trans break-transmission-1-.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
You haven't gotten it in the car or tested it at 1500 yet but it's the cat's meow right?
No not yet they are testing some new state of the art parts to make this thing live at 1800 hp plus this is the first time something like they are trying to do has been doneNORTH TEXAS CONVERTER are attempting to do something that the market has not seen and i am glad i am the test pilot if and when it works they will take over the market :s ecret::sec ret::secre t:
Old 09-04-2014, 11:02 PM
FormerVendor

Those are some pretty serious claims for someone who hasn't even gotten it up and running yet.

I'm glad you are happy with your purchase, let us know how it works out for you. Most of the crew at NTC used to work for me, so where do you think they learned from. They didn't wake up one day and all of the sudden become expert builders.

We also have the last 2 years of experience that they haven't been involved in or learned from.
Now they get to learn on their own. There are some hard lessons down that road.

As I stated earlier,
"proven" products, not hopes and dreams.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
Those are some pretty serious claims for someone who hasn't even gotten it up and running yet.

I'm glad you are happy with your purchase, let us know how it works out for you. Most of the crew at NTC used to work for me, so where do you think they learned from. They didn't wake up one day and all of the sudden become expert builders.

We also have the last 2 years of experience that they haven't been involved in or learned from.
Now they get to learn on their own. There are some hard lessons down that road.

As I stated earlier,
"proven" products, not hopes and dreams.
Well i am so thrilled to be a part of all the new thing that they are doing.Their new Trans break function is already a game changer... Other big name builders better put their thinking cap on because they are about to be left behind..

Last edited by ws602; 09-04-2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 09-05-2014, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol ok guys too much testosterone flowing in this thread haha. I will definitely be giving jake a call to hear his thoughts on my build along with texas converters. I've heard nothing but good things about jake and texas.

So I'm guessing you guys say go with the 80 and not the 400?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol ok guys too much testosterone flowing in this thread haha. I will definitely be giving jake a call to hear his thoughts on my build along with texas converters. I've heard nothing but good things about jake and texas.

So I'm guessing you guys say go with the 80 and not the 400?
stay with the 80 you will be fine...
Old 09-06-2014, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ws602
Man call North Texas converter!!!!customer service is top notch!!!! I was in the same situation you are in, I called and practically beg top name sponsor on this site to call me ..I sent them PMS and they were very unconcerned on the many question i had for them...I fell like the amount of money i was about to spin i had the right to talk to the owner or the person building it not a shop helper..I bet once you call North Texas converter you will buy one of there transmissions!!! not to many company's will call you on a Sunday and give you detail summary on your build ..Not to many builders will give you their cell phone and tell you to call any time if you have any questions.Buying a transmission for them is more than a sell its a FREINDSHIP!!!!!!!!!I am so glad that sponsor was to busy to return my call!!!lol IF HE WOULD HAVE I WOULD HAD A TRANSMISSION WITH A SLOW SLOW SET AND RELEASING TRANS BREAK......NORTH TEXAS CONVERTER

I agree, you shouldn't have to beg someone to spend your money and also get the my s*** doesn't stink attitude. Notice that Ntc doesnt have to come in here and argue and bikker with customers. Super classy.

With Ntc you aren't only a customer but also a friend. They are some of the nicest coolest people in the world. I love my trans from them and recommend no one else. With that said OP, go with an 80 from Ntc you won't be disappointed. Link in my sig. . .
Old 09-06-2014, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Jake and his wife are some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with and almost a year after he built my 4l80 I called him up and said my setup had stepped up dramatically . He offered to build me a wicked th400, shipped my 4l80 back on his dime and delivered my th400 in person when he and his family were on their way to a family vacation. I have nothing good or bad to say about NTC. However I do know that they used to work for Jake so obviously most of what they are building will be from tricks they learned from Jake. Jake has so much volume out there that of course at times there's going to be issues, and I would bet the majority of the time what we fail to find out is that when the issue is resolved it was end user error likely 9 out of 10 times. In the end spend your money with who you are most comfortable with, but my money will continue to go to Jake and his wife as they have always gone above and beyond the normal scope of a sale to help me out.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
I agree, you shouldn't have to beg someone to spend your money and also get the my s*** doesn't stink attitude. Notice that Ntc doesnt have to come in here and argue and bikker with customers. Super classy.

With Ntc you aren't only a customer but also a friend. They are some of the nicest coolest people in the world. I love my trans from them and recommend no one else. With that said OP, go with an 80 from Ntc you won't be disappointed. Link in my sig. . .
Well said... I am so glad NTC is a part of my build!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wooowooo things are heatin up in here lol.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
Wooowooo things are heatin up in here lol.

Quick Reply: 4l80 with trans break