Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raptor shift light Wiring on a 2000?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raptor shift light Wiring on a 2000?

I have my raptor shift light mounted and the wires run. That is where the install gets screwy for me. I do not know where to wire it in. I get the green ground, but do not know where to attatch it to. I get the tack signal from the white wire terminal #10. Were do I get the tack signal from?
Old 09-12-2004, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ht_install.htm
Old 09-12-2004, 11:29 AM

Thanks, I have that info printed out. The raptor and tha harlan are a little different. The raptor's wires all go out to the pcm. They would have to be cut off to connect them in the car like they did. The raptor site shows all 3 wires conected to the pcm. That is what I am trying to do. if I can't do it I will install it like the harlan. I will just have to cut the wire's and re-run them.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Thanks, I have that info printed out. The raptor and tha harlan are a little different. The raptor's wires all go out to the pcm. They would have to be cut off to connect them in the car like they did. The raptor site shows all 3 wires conected to the pcm. That is what I am trying to do. if I can't do it I will install it like the harlan. I will just have to cut the wire's and re-run them.
Sorry, but all of the Raptor wires do not go to the PCM...

POWER - RED (use your ASR switch power and ground)
GROUND - BLACK
TACH - GREEN (goes to the PCM)
Old 09-12-2004, 02:47 PM

Thanks, I guess I will have to wire it that way. But their web site instructions show all 3 wires connected into the PCM on a 98 car. I have a spot to ground it. I have the Tach signal. I am trying to find a power source. I can wire it the way you describe. I just do not want to pull the wire back after I already snaked it. The Raptor comes with all 3 wires wrapped together. I will have to pull them back.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

I ran all three wires out to the pcm. I grounded (black wire) it to the pcm like it shows on their site. Then i used the pink wire number 10 on red connector i beleive for the power. I used the white wire number 19 or something for the signal. Look under install section on their site. Look at the trans am install were he put three of them in. He explains it pretty well.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

You'll love this hisft light btw - I mounted mine in the upper left corner of the a-pillar...very inconspicuous...it is awesome.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:00 PM

It is in and working. Raptor said the pink wire is #19, not on a 2000. They also said any pink wire is power when the key is on. So I wired it to the only pink wire there. White #10for signal, and Ground to the ground on the shock tower.