Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after doing !AIR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default after doing !AIR?

I pulled the AIR system out of my car yesterday, getting ready to put my headers in.... It was fairly simple enough, and it did a good job cleaning the engine bay look up...

The install guide I was using for pretty helpful, except for the little hose... Do I need to plug it up or somthing? Does it come out to?

Does anyone know about the hose I'm talking about?
Old 09-12-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeddySS98
I pulled the AIR system out of my car yesterday, getting ready to put my headers in.... It was fairly simple enough, and it did a good job cleaning the engine bay look up...

The install guide I was using for pretty helpful, except for the little hose... Do I need to plug it up or somthing? Does it come out to?

Does anyone know about the hose I'm talking about?
Yea.. I know what you're talking about. I didn't plug mine or anything. Just tucked it out of site. You can plug it if it makes you feel better.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Do I "need" to worry about plugging it?

What does it go to?
Old 09-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am looking at doing the same on my car. I got the blockoff plates for my headers, and I have the plug for my airlid on the way. I already have it turned off in teh computer via ls1edit, so I should be good to go. My concers lies with the valve looking thing on the drivers side of the motor, how did you get that thing off from under the cowel, and I understand that there's a vacum line or something attached to it, I am sure that it needs a plug, but where is the line, and what did you do with it after plugging it? More info is needed, fill me in.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

what install guid did you use??
Old 09-12-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.ls1camaro.net

Articles/Tutorials
Old 09-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Teching In

I also did !AIR/!EGR on my car a while ago, I just took the whole vaccum or whatever the hell it was that went all the way down into the fender area out, havent had any problems yet, still have the ses light on becuase of it, but I havent had the time to get anywhere to have it deleted with the LS1edit program so, but my buddy also did the same on his 99 SS and hasnt had a problem with it either. You just need to go from underneath and undo the 4 bolts on the trap door looking thing and get in there and unbolt it, realtively easy, took maybe a half hour tops, unless your mechanically challenged, which if you've allready started this then obviously your not, but thats the way we did it to our cars, its a little bit of a weight reduction if you wanna call it that, but its easy enough to do, the hardest part is getting a socket in there and finding the heads of the bolts, otherwise its a very simple process. Hope that helps. have fun. later

Cody
Old 09-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by codster11
I also did !AIR/!EGR on my car a while ago, I just took the whole vaccum or whatever the hell it was that went all the way down into the fender area out, havent had any problems yet, still have the ses light on becuase of it, but I havent had the time to get anywhere to have it deleted with the LS1edit program so, but my buddy also did the same on his 99 SS and hasnt had a problem with it either. You just need to go from underneath and undo the 4 bolts on the trap door looking thing and get in there and unbolt it, realtively easy, took maybe a half hour tops, unless your mechanically challenged, which if you've allready started this then obviously your not, but thats the way we did it to our cars, its a little bit of a weight reduction if you wanna call it that, but its easy enough to do, the hardest part is getting a socket in there and finding the heads of the bolts, otherwise its a very simple process. Hope that helps. have fun. later

Cody
did you use block off plates or just left everything open?
Old 09-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Teching In

I did used block off plates , sorry i didnt mention that part.

cody