Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Have you ever seen these???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Have you ever seen these???

I saw these and had an idea for them. They are advertised as wide body fender flares for 93 and up camaros. I have a T/A and they will fit as well if you have deleted you side molding. Anyway what I would like to do is paint these to match the car of course but once they are attached put some light weight bodyfill in the seem to mold it all as one. With some wider rims this should look good. Tell me what y'all think
Attached Thumbnails Have you ever seen these???-100_4561.jpg  
Old 10-20-2004, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dunno, I always figured fender flares belong on a truck.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Dont like fender flares at all. just widen the whole fender.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

If, i remember right there was somone saling something along the lines of these and everyone way flaming them
Old 10-20-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

I thought it would look good all molded in. No lines, no seam, basicly would look like a widend fender. I thought the samething about the truck thing to but that would only be if the were just attached with 3m tape. Every one seems to like the dick harrel fenders. I was trying to shoot for something like that. Of course it wouldn't look identical but some what close. Use your imagination.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

i dunno about them i also thought of them being on a truck.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

on a camaro?
Old 10-21-2004, 05:59 AM
TECH Resident

Oh well I don't think any body understands or is taking time to understand what I mean. I not talking about just cliping them on like some hillbilly. Everyone including myself seems to like the Dick Harrel camaro's fenders. I figured if you attached these like I stated above it would be a good start on trying to make your own. I would never just clip them on and leave them. Like I said earlier IMO I think it would look good molded in that means no lines no seem lokks like the fender came that way.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bet that if you did do it, and had pics to show us, the people here would chane there mind
Old 10-21-2004, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think it would be tough to get it to look like the Dick Harrel edition. You may be better off leaving the flares to the trucks.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:07 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranzaman00
Oh well I don't think any body understands or is taking time to understand what I mean. I not talking about just cliping them on like some hillbilly. Everyone including myself seems to like the Dick Harrel camaro's fenders. I figured if you attached these like I stated above it would be a good start on trying to make your own. I would never just clip them on and leave them. Like I said earlier IMO I think it would look good molded in that means no lines no seem lokks like the fender came that way.
You asked for opinions. I saw these flares for sale on ebay, and the example they had shown was a white LT1 Camaro. In my opinion, they looked horrible. It instantly reminded me of the '70's when flaring out fenders was sort of popular. They're not going to look anything like the Dick Harrell edition Camaro no matter how much body filler you put on there.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That would be a lot of filler . . . . but I understand what you want to do, yes it would look great . . . if done the right way . . .
Old 10-21-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
You asked for opinions. I saw these flares for sale on ebay, and the example they had shown was a white LT1 Camaro. In my opinion, they looked horrible. It instantly reminded me of the '70's when flaring out fenders was sort of popular. They're not going to look anything like the Dick Harrell edition Camaro no matter how much body filler you put on there.

Yeah, I saw them on e-bay as well. Thats were I got them from. They do look pretty shitty on that LT1 but he just stuck them on how they come. I thought maybe w/side skirts like I have on my T/A it would look better because the would have something to run in to. But as far that car goes I agree w/ya. He could have at least painted them to match. I am going for a modern day retro look on my car and thought this might be a cool addition to the shaker hood I am fabricating to my factory hood. I'll post pics up if I decide to do the flares. It might be pretty expensive so it might be awhile.
Hear is a pic of my car know and here is what the shaker will look like in the center of my bird wings.

Last edited by Tranzaman00; 10-21-2004 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Fiery Features Director

Those pictures are a little better than the ones that I saw. I think it depends on the person doing the work and how much time and detail goes into it. I think it COULD look ok, but it would take some skill to get there.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zangel
Those pictures are a little better than the ones that I saw. I think it depends on the person doing the work and how much time and detail goes into it. I think it COULD look ok, but it would take some skill to get there.

We will see how it turns out. I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!! btw.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itchygomey98
I dunno, I always figured fender flares belong on a truck.
Not the chrome ones. Those belong on NOTHING.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the point of putting fender flares on if it won't let you run a wider tire? I mean, really.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JasonWW
What's the point of putting fender flares on if it won't let you run a wider tire? I mean, really.
Exactly. It won't look right if the tires are tucked in too much in the fenders.