Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

took out a gxr 750 tonight ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 07:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default took out a gxr 750 tonight ;)

I first did an NA run vs one of my buddies in his SS but during the run we saw two bikes coming up quick, I radio'd my buddy and told him that if these bikes were gonna play that I was gonna spray. We make a U turn on the local "dragstrip". During the U turn I purged the hell out of it to make sure i had no room for any nitrous flaws. We both hit it and by the end of the race I had many carlengths on him. The race was from a 30 mile roll and we took it all the way to 174 mph by the end I had a couple buslengths on him but he did say that he had a problem shifting into one of his gears but none the less I was pulling pretty damn good all the way through. That damn nitrous is like warp f*cking drive. I almost can't stand going NA anymore lol...
Old 11-14-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

nice kill!! thats a fast bike you beat up on.

get ready for the people that are going to call B.S. "because bikes are unstoppable"
Old 11-14-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
nice kill!! thats a fast bike you beat up on.

get ready for the people that are going to call B.S. "because bikes are unstoppable"
On that same note I got my *** handed to me by a new 1100 ninja, The guy was saying that it was the fastest production bike available right now??? He said he had done exhaust and nothing else but that bike was wicked fast.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Awesome kill. Much respect to your car. You know you're getting fast when you're whipping crotch-rocket ***. Maybe someday my aspirations will take me there. hehe.

Justin
Old 11-14-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Unforgiven1
Awesome kill. Much respect to your car. You know you're getting fast when you're whipping crotch-rocket ***. Maybe someday my aspirations will take me there. hehe.

Justin

thanks for the props, I was pretty happy myself. FWIW I beat the SS that I was racing before the bike too lol .
Old 11-14-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the race vs the bike should have been closer than that, dont doubt that you beat him however. If he was having problems shifting it would explain it though. The 1100 ninja isnt the fastest bike out there right now, that goes to the ZX12R... its a 1200 ninja and is dubbed the "busa killer"
Old 11-14-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KCamaro
I think the race vs the bike should have been closer than that, dont doubt that you beat him however. If he was having problems shifting it would explain it though. The 1100 ninja isnt the fastest bike out there right now, that goes to the ZX12R... its a 1200 ninja and is dubbed the "busa killer"
it might have been a 1200, the guy was saying that it was the busa killer lol.
whichever it was the ninja was alot faster than the gxr.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the 12r is a bad little bitch. It can straight line faster than a busa, and can still take the twisties like a bat outta hell. Something about a 600cc frame with a 1200cc motor in it... that thing dominates.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

Nice kill man. The ZX12R is a bad bad bitch.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Kill Mike , I doubt shift or no shift he would have beat you. Saw your car at RX and loved it , the exhaust from Brandon rips!!
Old 11-14-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Good Kill Mike , I doubt shift or no shift he would have beat you. Saw your car at RX and loved it , the exhaust from Brandon rips!!

Thanks man, I was pretty happy with the results myself, I would guess that if he had perfect shifts I still would have still won but not by the amount that I did. Both guys on the bikes were real cool and we talked for about an hr afterwards, the guy with the gxr said he was about to trade it in on and r6 and after that he wanted a rematch after he got it but something tells me I won't like the outcome of that race , he said that bike would be close to the ninja in which case he would spank my ***.

Seems like every other car down here is a freakin monster..... whats up with that ???
Old 11-14-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kills dude..takin up to 174 deserves some props!

-Todd
Old 11-14-2004, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Well I think you should run him anyway, losing to a stout bike has no shame! Yeah I am days away from getting my 396 done and will be in the middle of the pack, lol!! I would still like to see you and Dan run, there are a few stout 408's popping up around here, sigh!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Well I think you should run him anyway, losing to a stout bike has no shame! Yeah I am days away from getting my 396 done and will be in the middle of the pack, lol!! I would still like to see you and Dan run, there are a few stout 408's popping up around here, sigh!!!

Yeah I wouldnt mind running him either, Ill probably see him out one day and we will be able to get it done,,, that 396 is gonna be badass as well me and you might have to go at it as well. Seriously I think there are more strokers than stock camaros/firebirs around here lol.

Last edited by Mike K.; 11-14-2004 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

LOL I not sure I'll have enough for you!! Yeah it seems to be the trend , stroke and spray it! Dan will be selling that motor and going to a different combo , can't divulge any info just yet but I am sure he will be on here when it's done. The current motor is going to a good home and will rip the Tampa streets also! I am currently trying to figure out how to get an exhaust some what like yours.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

hmmm I wonder if anybody has spoke to Brandon recently? Im sure for the right price he would do it, he seemed like a really nice guy although I only talked to him a few times. The exhaust is nice, I get compliments on it all the time from people who just listen to it all the way to people looking at it up on a lift,, he did do a really good job , I guess I kinda got lucky that he did mine from the sounds of it.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike K.
Thanks man, I was pretty happy with the results myself, I would guess that if he had perfect shifts I still would have still won but not by the amount that I did. Both guys on the bikes were real cool and we talked for about an hr afterwards, the guy with the gxr said he was about to trade it in on and r6 and after that he wanted a rematch after he got it but something tells me I won't like the outcome of that race , he said that bike would be close to the ninja in which case he would spank my ***.

Seems like every other car down here is a freakin monster..... whats up with that ???
his bike would pimp smack an r6... sure he didnt say r1? if he is getting an r1 you may as well not try on the street.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KCamaro
his bike would pimp smack an r6... sure he didnt say r1? if he is getting an r1 you may as well not try on the street.
Quit talkin' **** on my bike bob!

I was gonna raise the flag for this post, but then i saw 408 on dope. Nice ownage of the rocket.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:51 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

man did not know anything was faster than a busa but i guess i was wrong sweet kill though i wish i could get my truck to even take a 600 cc bike but it wont happen i will however take out a vette from a dig before im done (an unmodded one im not that dumb)
Old 11-15-2004, 06:58 AM
TECH Junkie

maybe he did say r1 but I could have swore he said r6? I remember him saying it would it would be withen a few hp of the ninja that I raced but they said that the ninja would still be able to kick its *** due to weight or someshit, I wish I was listening more I was just stoked about the race .