LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Agostino Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Agostino Racing

Anyone know whats up with Agostino racing ?

A friend of mine still has his vette in storage there.

Last edited by flyin ryan; 12-27-2004 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search on ARE , then tell your friend to go get his car.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Angry

TELL YOUR FRIEND TO GO GET HIS CAR ASAP!

I was lucky to get some of my stuff back before anything else got stolen or placed into other cars. When I took my car there it was in Autorama show car quality(took 1st place just a week earlier)....now... well... what's left of it....bunch of pieces. I got screwed over big time... estimate $30K at least. For all the business I brought them this is how they treat you. Thanks ARE

They are moving there shop now to a new location. They even changed there name from Agostino Morrison to just Agostino Racing now...Humm, legal technicality to screw people over my lawyer informed me. I doubt I'll ever collect a penny from those thieves.

There is a post about the move at the link below.
ARE IS MOVING

First off, the "new" location is not in Mississauga its in Toronto near the airport. Airport Rd. and Carlingview.

I'll let Nick fill you in on the final details such as name and location.

Our new name is to reflect the expanding areas in which we will be growing as a business. "Agostino Racing" and what it stands for and its primary function will still be a big part of the business, and will continue to live on in the new shop. Simply the name change reflects a growing and changing market and our development to meet these customer's needs.

The new shop will be approx 7000 sq. feet of engine development, maintenance, dyno and a retail area in the front office. Just wait until you see it!!

Our objectives will be the same as before in Pickering, just wrapped in a package that will allow us to compete more effectively in many markets that have made us strong in the past and in the future.

Last edited by WIKIDTA; 01-01-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Sup Daren, hope you get made whole at some point.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:14 AM
7 Second Club

Daren,keep your car if possible.Don't let those ******* win.I pondered selling mine many times in the depressing 2 yrs of messing around with those guys.They had you in a bad spot but perserverance is your friend now. Good luck Dave
Old 01-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
Daren,keep your car if possible.Don't let those ******* win.I pondered selling mine many times in the depressing 2 yrs of messing around with those guys.They had you in a bad spot but perserverance is your friend now. Good luck Dave
Thanks Dave,
Ya, we both got screwed over big time by those A$$holes. I know your out a ton of money like myself. I just can't afford to put this car back together after what they did. I'm still paying bills and I'm just trying to cut my losses. Car is in pieces and those thieves are just laughing.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

The real kick in the ***** was how Nick kept getting on here posting about how he was gonna make things right and turn ARE around. Riiiiiiiiiight! After coming to this website and searching old threads , I really doubt anyone in their right mind will let them oil a bicycle chain , much less work on their car.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs down Agostino Racing

All I can say about A.R.E. is there not the shop with the best reputation in town and I would not recommend them to anyone. My experience wasn't NO WHERE near as bad as Darrens, but I knew what they were all about the second time I brought my car back to them for tuning. I ended up spending alot more money else where to get my car to perform the way I wanted to. I could have stayed local and been alot better off. Darren, I knew they where trouble but I never would have thought that they would do you that way since you were like one of there first R/D cars.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

How come everyone in Canada swears by them then? I just moved up here from philly,pa and everyone in the Montreal Fbody club goes to ARE for work and i tell them your crazy, and they spend big money and they say ARE hooks them up because they are a club sponsor. But on any ls1 site thats popular, noone likes them.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs down Agostino Racing

I'm sure that they have taken care of some customers from Canada, but this
website has people from all over the country. And I have heard many Horror Stories of there business dealings they have been responsible for. If you don't believe me do a search and see how many good and bad posts to back it up. T
Old 01-04-2005, 03:13 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I personally know four people who's cars have never been finished.

Daren's situation is the worst, he was a huge cheerleader for them, one of their biggest, and in the end he has no engine.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:01 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

NOT EVERYONE is cheering for them! their b.s cost me 2 rebuilds, yeah i know why did i ever go back, a tough lesson learned! they have taken care of a few customers but at what cost! you could make a mini series of how badly people have been bent over! a very sad situation! i guess until you have been burned by them, you simply put your trust in them. or you expect them to make things right! i know what i have learned from my experiences.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cross another local ls1/lt1 tuner off the list......
Old 01-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs down

Thanks John, I think this should be posted public so others can read.

My *** got rapped bigtime and this Lier WADE STEVENS thinks I would go back for more? Keep dreaming.. he actaully thought I would go back to him to spend more money?

These are the messages I received from Wade yesterday and today.
Private Message: MY OFFERING!
Yesterday, 12:59 AM
C5Wade
Teching In Join Date: Sep 2002
MY OFFERING!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Darren, Ive been reading your posts and I can't blame you in any way that you feel this way. I'm sorry that things at ARE went sour for some customers like yourself and Dave Underwood but things were getting out of control there and were becoming impossible to deal with. I heard just lately that Nick has been blaming me for pretty much everything that has went on which is complete bullshit!!! As for your crank being sold to someone else that is true but what you are not being told was that this was Nicks choice and then he has the nerve to say he knew nothing, what a joke!!! I never fucked anyone in my life and Ive become a victim in these bullshit as well. Ive lost over 80 grand in this and am know paying a second mortage on my house because of Nick. What Nick has refused to tell people is that he was in full control of the finances since summer of 03 so you see I had my hands tied!!! If you don't beleive me just ask someone who works there when Nick started signing checks again. I really do feel bad that this has happened to you and I would like to offer some help let me know what I can do for you and maybe we could come to some agreement. I am going to be in my new shop in the next few weeks maybe we could get together and talk about a plan of action, I really do feel bad and I am sorry but I will try to help if you would like?? I would appreciate a response and I understand if you just want to call it quits.

WANT TO HELP!!!! Wade
905-420-9195
www.agostino-racing.com

Private Message: NO RESPONSE?????
Yesterday, 09:45 PM
C5Wade
NO RESPONSE?????
Darren, I see that you read my email but did not respond why??? I'm willing to step up to the plate and help you if you want!
Give me a list of parts that Nick gave you when you picked up your car and put together a list of parts that you need to finish the car.
If you don't respond to this then I understand, you just don't want my help and I'm sorry that you feel this way. If you give me a list we can go from there.
Understand something I am not personally responsable for this but I feel for you and I'm willing to do what I can, atleast let me know your thoughts.

Wade
905-420-9195
www.agostino-racing.com

Private Message: Re: NO RESPONSE?????
Yesterday, 11:50 PM
WIKIDTA
Teching In Join Date: Nov 2001
Re: NO RESPONSE?????
First off I read the reply late last night before I went to bed. I work at 5am so I had no time to reply till now. I just got home at 5:30 and read your other response. WOW... FIRST TIME SOMEONE FROM A.R.E ACTUALLY REPLIED BACK FAST OR CONTACTED ME! I'll try to be rational, but I'm beyond pissed about this whole situation. What do you want me to say? All I heard for 3 years was lie after lie after lie... I don't know who or what to believe now. WHAT CAN YOU DO? NICK'S BEEN SAYING THIS **** FOR MONTHS... I HEARD ALL THE PROMISES BEFORE FROM YOU AND NICK... NOBODY MAKES DUE ON IT. YOUR NOT PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE? THEN WHO IS? MY UNDERSTANDING IS YOU WERE IN CHARGE AT THE TIME AND REASON THIS HAPPENED!

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

I'll give you the story I was told. As you know, I spent well over 30K the first time I built the car.. HAD GREAT RESULTS THEN... TRUSTED YOU GUYS....then later after the rod broke.(June 19 2002) From that point on...things went to ****. YOU WERE IN CONTROL AT THAT TIME BUT NICK STILL OWNED THE BUSINESS IN THE BACKGROUND. I paid you again for a new motor with 3 more deposits 10-1-02,11-4-02,11-5-02 totaling $7,924.16. Needed the car back for Autorama...got it back with an engine that was causing me problems. This was suppose to be a new rebuilt engine. Took 1st place...and took the car back to you as soon as it was over because the motor was causing problems. What you told me was this.... buy a new FAST system since the tuning on my DFI was causing the problems and that you would take care of it. I spent another $4k for something I didn't need. Taner is running my Accel box and DFI tuning exactly like it was before and runs perfect. I was told it was a stall to keep my car there and myself paying you guys. Time just went by.......lie after lie...promise after promise....I finally did end up picking the car up because Nick filled for bankruptcy that Fri and I didn't want to lose everything. Well, after I did pick up what was left of the motor... I did notice a few things like for example the old pistons. These pistons were the same ones installed before...never got new ones, the marks prove it. After talking to people at the shop who assembled my motor, I was told that I never got the replacement motor before that I paid for and I was taken for a ride by YOU. They said all you did was replace the one rod that broke, reinstalled my old stuff...handed my car back to me just for Autorama with the old pistons and a hack job basically because you knew I was going to bring the car back later. This explains the reason why the car was hard to start, backfiring, and causing all sorts of problems. You then tell me it was tuning and I need to get a FAST system or something else and you'd take care of it. WELL..... What am I suppose to believe. I GOT FUCKED!!!! PERIOD! Car hasn't been to a freaking track since 2001 and it's been sitting there since then except for the time I took it for Autorama. EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR ME? I'm ******* flat broke because of you guys..still paying the last bills on something I never got....and an engine in pieces.

You guys then steal my rotating assembly to make matters worse. Then you place it into another customers car, charge him for a new motor....and you call the GOOD business? Who's call was that? yours or Nicks? Ya, Nick writes the checks maybe, but who made the decision?

I heard promise after promise.. never said a bad thing about you guys....kept waiting for you guys to make it right...giving you guys every chance ...till the very end when I was advised to pick up what was left of the car before it was all lost.

WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME? TELL ME! I have mostly everything from the car in pieces... I have a new 396 Lunati crank in a box, but I'm missing rods, pistons, rings, a camshaft, oil pan, oil pump, I have a 4 bolt block...untouched bored 30 over. From the looks of it, I need to prep a block, order $2-3k worth of parts, install this engine, and then tune it. Spend another $5k on this at least which I can't do at this time because you guys fucked me over. I have no garage to do this at home, No time because I'm working my *** off to pay for all the **** before, and my only option at this point was to SELL the car for parts or as a whole for whatever I can get from it. I placed my car in magazine ad's(numerous ones), gave you guys publicity, brought tons of business your way, and this is how I get treated? While others like (**** edited to protect the person), got free motors and **** and never did crap except bad mouth your business.

SO WHAT HELP CAN YOU OFFER? ....

Private Message: Re: NO RESPONSE?????
Today, 12:22 AM
C5Wade
Re: NO RESPONSE?????
Darren, I'm glad you atleast got back to me, first off what I ment was that the business ARE is responsable to come good on this not me personally.
Second: Your engine did have new pistons and rods put in it after you broke a rod, if you remember you had eagle rods put in to replace the broken set of lunati's and I told you that I could not beleive the damage done to the pistons in such a short time thats why I steered you to the fast system, I figured that the dfi was faulty, and tuning would be much better and easier. You don't have to beleive me if you choose and I don't know why those jerks would say other wise but its the truth!!!!! Your cam/rods/new pistons were all sitting there when I left. The guy that got your crank did not pay full pop for his motor he got a deal because of this and figured that it would not hurt you having a new crank dew to the hard abuse it would be seeing at the track maybe this was the wrong thing to do but its to late now. You were never getting screwed over on purpose and I really am sorry for that but that is why i'm trying to help or make things right.I was getting the blame for a lot of things but to sum it all up in a nut shell Nick needed someone to blame for the business failing and I was next in line, but realized that it got even worse after I was gone, I got taken for a lot of money as well this was my familys lively hood why would I intensionaly **** that up!!
If you choose not to trust me I understand but you are wrong and atleast I tried. And yes YOU were a great flag ship its to bad it came down to this.

Wade
905-420-9195
www.agostino-racing.com

Last edited by WIKIDTA; 01-04-2005 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Angry

MY RESPONSE....

GO AND **** YOURSELF WADE! NOBODY WOULD EVER TRUST YOU AGAIN IN YOUR NEW SHOP. YOU CAN'T EVEN KEEP YOUR LIES STRAIGHT.

"Your cam/rods/new pistons were all sitting there when I left." So how is it that my cam/ rods/crank/ new pistons ended up in this another customers car? That guy who got my parts got a deal? I'm sure he did(5 finger deal for you...made money off him too) an *** ripping just like I got. This is why nobody would trust you. Swapping parts and charging people....a discount...ya right... like we all believe you.

I was there the next day when Nick kicked you out and spent 8 hours in the shop. My rotating assembly was already installed in another customers car a month prior while you claim they were sitting there when you left? I was left without a motor. I gave Nick a chance to try to fix things, but as time went by...nothing changed.

YOU DID THIS! NOT THE BUSINESS A.R.E. GIVE ME A BREAK... YOU RAN IT ALONG WITH NICK... BOTH OF YOU I BLAME!

YOUR A THIEF!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

Great, now I probably get shafted too
Old 01-05-2005, 07:02 AM
7 Second Club

Daren I got similar PM's from Wade in the last couple days.The SOB acts like he's a long lost friend or something.Wade blames Nick,Nick says Wade stole $400,000 from ARE,"but don't repeat that publicly" Nick said back in the Spring.

I wonder if mail fraud would apply in this case.All the money I sent to those guys was by certified mail and I have receipts to prove when and where my money went.I know my money is gone but if Nick could be locked up for several yrs and if Wade could lose his home would be a great start on them "paying" for their thievery.Karma is a great thing and I think both of these guys will pay for their wrongs.What comes around goes around ultimately,in business or personal relationships.

On a personal note Wade I'm looking forward to seeing you at a track also.But I think for much different reasons than you're thinking.
Dave
Old 01-05-2005, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I have had nothing but a good experience with ARE.

When I first ordered my Stage 3 H/c package last year from Wade with my 50% deposit, he had offered me a good price. This was 1 week before Wade left. 1 week after Wade left, Nick called me and offered to give me my money back or an adjustment to the price. I accepted the adjustment and have not regretted it. BTW I was freaked for a week with all the talk on the internet. The car made good power with full emissions in place 430+ and was reliable all year other than all the parts the added power broke, clutch, drive shaft and diff.

I have currently ordered a stroker for the spring. I know they have had issues in the past but currently all customers I have met since have seemed to be happy other than a couple of late projects. Seems like most of the builders have had this problem currently or in the past.

I can not speak for anyone else but my self and my experience has been very positive.

I just want everyone to know that ARE can do good things as well, since it seems like every thing here in negative. So in my opinion the new management seems to be working and are trying to clean up the bad legacy issue which can also hurt the current work, not to mention still be profitable. Not a job I would want.

Just my to cents worth.

I’ll let you know the results of my new motor in a couple months.

Rampant
Old 01-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Launching!

Ive gotton messages from Wade as well... I sent him a reply back but then when he replied my PM's were full.. so I havent heard back. He was in charge, a lot of the blame falls on him.

I will say this.. I have a new set of heads, a new cam, AND Nick sent me the money that he owed me. So Nick tried to make right by me. Berry even called me a few times and apologized.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Launching!

Dave,

Niether Nick nor Brian blamed you for anything when I spoke to them. Just a FYI.

Quick Reply: Agostino Racing