Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Through the EGR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Through the EGR?

Does anyone know about a custom setup that i can run my (wet shot) nitrous lines through my egr and disable it.... to keep the stock look...? or, is this a no no? i would like to keep the stock look, i dont want anyone knowing of the nitrous.... even tho eveyone on tech here will... lol but i think it would be very stealth to have somthing like this....

any views on this? any other ways to conceil a wet shot, and have it work correctly?

Thanks Dan
Old 02-24-2005, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

no. no ******* way. you'd probably be only getting nitrous in like your front 4 cylinders, or the rear 4 depending on how the fogger/jet was aimed.

just simply- no.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Launching!

hmm, no way to keep it conceiled for a wet shot?

Dan possibly hooking the fogger up right in the intake in the hold for the egr? or that still wouldnt work?

thanks,

Dan
Old 02-24-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

just don't pop the hood..? hiding it would be difficult but probably not impossible, i do know the egr thing would be a bad idea however..
Old 02-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Launching!

the reason i was thinking of running it through the egr is.... when i pulled the valve to modify it.... so it didnt restrict airflow.... i noticed it dropped directly into the intake mani...... and i wanted to keep the nitrous conceiled.... if anyone else has any information on this.... that would be much appreciated.... i was just thinking that maybe it would work dropping the fogger into the intake mani from that egr hole...... and maybe weldint a play together or somthing like that... then getting some piping and welding it around that... and getting it bent to look like it was EGR valve..... so, after hearing the described plan, you still think its a lost cause?

Thanks

Dan....
Old 02-24-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

yes, do not do this, unless youd like to do a stockish looking rebuild
Old 02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

send your intake manifold to nitro dave and have him install his hidden wet kit on it.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know of someone who ran his kit like this. it lasted for awhile, but ultimately ended with #4 piston making an exit out the side of the block. wasn't pretty.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

It would be hard to pull off with a wet kit and you couldnt mount a dry shot after the MAF. You have t put a line into your fuel rail for the fuel silinoid. I think it would be more trouble then its worth. anyone knowing anything about LS1s would notice wire loom running up around that area. Just put the wet kit on, and buy a seperate dry kit to hide and i can show you pics of a hidden dry kit, only 1 thing from the whole kit would be visible and its hidden and not noticable or reconisable anyway..
Old 02-26-2005, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

I would say no....I belive it would spray to close to the engine and not give the fuel/spray to atomize. Not only that but the air would be very turbulent in that area and may not fuel "mist" very well.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MakoLS1
It would be hard to pull off with a wet kit and you couldnt mount a dry shot after the MAF. You have t put a line into your fuel rail for the fuel silinoid. I think it would be more trouble then its worth. anyone knowing anything about LS1s would notice wire loom running up around that area. Just put the wet kit on, and buy a seperate dry kit to hide and i can show you pics of a hidden dry kit, only 1 thing from the whole kit would be visible and its hidden and not noticable or reconisable anyway..
<<<off topic>>> Hot girl dude! lol
Old 02-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Launching!

thanks for the feedback on this guys, i just wanted to research some stuff before i do anything this summer..... is there any other way to conceil it? i would relaly like to keep the stock "look" without all the lines running into reandom places... i just want it to be clean and work correctly.... i dont need to throw the #4 piston through the side of the block.....

i would like to see all options..... before i do anything..... i'm sure it wouldnt be horrible to see the nitrous lines but, i kinda wanna go sleeper style..... but if its not cheaply possible then, i will probabaly just stick with near stock looking... lol....

anyone have any other pictures/links about this.... please direct me....

Thanks

Dan @ www.ChicagoStreetRacing.net
Old 02-27-2005, 01:45 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is everyone so concerned about hiding their nitrous system??? You must let other people "get" to you, saying how its cheating or whatnot....Nitrous is just a bolt on that EVERYONE has access to...would you try to hide a new set of AFR's, or headers, or catback???? WHy the **** do you want to hide nitrous...and before anyoen says "to win money on races" your full of ****. I have been streetracing for money since 1990...never seen a 100 hp hidden kit make a real difference in a REAL money race...if your betting $500 or more, you assume they have juice, plain and simple, and don't listen to a ******* thing they say...if you want to beat your "peeps" you hang out with AND make it seem like your car is magically fast, then go ahead and hide your nitrous...still just a stupid idea and a waste of time.

SDB
Old 02-27-2005, 06:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i want mine hiddin in the event i get pulled over and have to pop my hood
Old 02-27-2005, 10:56 AM
12 Second Truck Club

for the second time, for those that want a hidden system, CALL NITRO DAVE!!! he has a hidden system!!

Look at the first picture https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/229981-guys-you.html
Old 02-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rcfast
i want mine hiddin in the event i get pulled over and have to pop my hood
Off topic(sort of): They cannot force you to open the hood without a warrant. Even if they arrest you they can only search what you could reach from your seat, anything that requires opening/unlocking requires a warrant. The glovebox is fair game to search if unlocked though. Just ask any cop or lawyer for clarification.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:39 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by slim0035
Off topic(sort of): They cannot force you to open the hood without a warrant. Even if they arrest you they can only search what you could reach from your seat, anything that requires opening/unlocking requires a warrant. The glovebox is fair game to search if unlocked though. Just ask any cop or lawyer for clarification.
probable cause doesn't come into play?
Old 02-27-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
probable cause doesn't come into play?
Thats the thing, there are so many other variables that come into play which makes it so they can pretty much pop your hood... it has been discussed 5 billion times on one of the local forums i visit and the result is the cop can pretty much pop it for any reason
Old 02-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Launching!

I'll ask my Criminal Justice profesor tomorrow, he's retired FBI and seems to know his stuff.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Junkie

we were just discussing that in my criminal justice class. what ever you have immediate access to, but if they really want, they can find reason to search the entire car.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Through the EGR?