Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your perfect kit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your perfect kit.

Ok I would like to know your thoughts on the perfect kit. Let me have it, parts, prices whatever you think a kit should have.
And I already know FREE. So we can leave that at the barn door.,
Ricky
Old 03-31-2005, 06:53 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Perfect kit for me would be a NX Piranha or Shark 4 noid DP kit with the rails (rails already plumbed), with a Maximizer (with all the little upgrades that I bitch about all the time), a FPSS, an WBAFR safety switch (because the Maximizer only allows the FJO WB), Dual Purge (for each rail), 10 pound bottle with Nitrogen Push. I think that might cover it. Since free isn't an option, I'll go for $1.00
Old 03-31-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Im gonna speak in terms of a street/strip car since that is 95% of the people here. Perfect kit will be the NX MAF kit coupled with the new NX/FJO dual stage controller, 4 noids, all lines and plumbing, automatic bottle heater. I havent added up the price...but that kit could be done for around $1500 total....but it would realistically be light years ahead of any single stage kit out there for only a little more. Big power safely with alot of room to grow.

The one thing I would add would be some type of timing controller. Currently the TT is the only thing available...so add that in there.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Launching!

already have it .....nx http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/avatars/nx_smile.gif
Old 03-31-2005, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

I would go with the TNT F1 like I have but with a bit smaller ring so I don't have to cut the hell out of everything to get it to fit...
Old 03-31-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Simple NOS b/c it is proven the best!(sorry but true)

Comes with the straight shooting nozzles (annonizers(sp))
Has to be a wet
And comes with powershoot noids

You could offer a 2stage setup by adding a y-fitting and 4 lines and 2 more noids.

This kit could be $500 and I would buy it in a second. do to the top of the line parts and lots of roon to grow and stage 2 cost say $250.

Leave the electronic add on alone as there are to many ways to do it and so many power levels.

Last edited by 2FAST4U; 03-31-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Any kit that is reliable and delivers power is perfect in my book. And of course, free...
Old 04-01-2005, 12:45 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U
Simple NOS b/c it is proven the best!(sorry but true)
Sorry, but in my opinion, you done bumped your head! I had the full NOS wet kit with the Powershot noids and the annular nozzle (the expensive one) and had to upgrade to NX Shark nozzle and NX noids because the NOS kit was maxed out at less than a 150 rwhp shot. If you're claiming NOS is better, you haven't tried NX yet. I can't say anything about the other brands, but between NOS and NX, NX wins hands down every time.

No disrespect though. Just my opinion.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

depends on other information we can take as assumptions.
What about engine... is it forged and built for nitrous ?
what about tranny/diff ? do we assume it can take lots of tq ?

If that's the case, then I would recommend a DP w/ an independant low-pressure fuel system, nx-maximiser, timing-tuner, bottle-heater, purge, remote bottle-opener, guages for monitoring the n2o pressure.
I would not go with a wide-band integrated with the nx-maximizer, since when running the kit, you get a instantaneous lean spike when the system activates... which can prevent the system from engaging... and you would go wtf.
that's pretty much my system and I like it... and pretty close to perfect in my books
Old 04-01-2005, 09:34 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
I would not go with a wide-band integrated with the nx-maximizer, since when running the kit, you get a instantaneous lean spike when the system activates... which can prevent the system from engaging... and you would go wtf.
One of the Maximizer upgrades that most complain about is a fuel solenoid offset, or seperate solenoid control so you can activate the fuel noid before the nitrous to get rid of the lean spike. Allegedly FJO is working on this.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

AAA now what’s up with this allegedly stuff. We have delivered upgrades many many times. In fact there is way to do that with the dual window switch that is almost released.
And we are working on the controls to allow people to trim the fuel activation. But here is the MAIN question, how much time do I allow the customer to adjust. Too much and BOOM. So please all be patient. It will all come to those who wait. Not sure when but hey it will come.
Ricky

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
One of the Maximizer upgrades that most complain about is a fuel solenoid offset, or seperate solenoid control so you can activate the fuel noid before the nitrous to get rid of the lean spike. Allegedly FJO is working on this.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
AAA now what’s up with this allegedly stuff.
You know I have faith in you Ricky. You guys have delivered on many of the upgrades we've asked for. But, everything is alleged until it actually happens. If it wasn't for the Maximizer I'd have 3 or 4 more points of failure in my kit.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
NOS already has it!

Mike
Old 04-01-2005, 05:13 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
NOS already has it!

Mike
got a link?