Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me get all the parts needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me get all the parts needed

I'm looking to add a Dry shot of nitrous to my C5 when i install my cam. My buddy told me to get the NOS-5177, that is the kit he is running on his SS. Now I have the drive by wire, so im confused on how that hooks up. Any additional things I would need? I also need a kit that uses a 10 pound bottle. The NOS-5177 uses a 15lb. Here is a like of the setup im looking for, but dry.

This is a link to a person named Eric, http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/99z51r/. In this website he has a nitrous setup, appears to be a wet setup. I like what I see but want a DRY shot. I really like the gauge and rocker panel. I like the hidden bottle in the rear compartment. So I was hoping you guys now understand what I'm looking for, and would be able to tell me everything i need I make a complete kit. I want a stealthy kit. I want to hide as much as possible so it cant be seen.

Thanks for the time and help everyone

JEFF SMITH
Old 05-11-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Addict

all you do is run the wot under the gas pedal. if you put the wot switch under your gas pedal no one will see it. and you can hide a dry very well. I've seen it done.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Addict

also with a dry kit you put it before the maf so you can hide it below the air box and just inject there.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Launching!

thanks for the replies guys

JEFF
Old 05-11-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can mount the noids under the air box, outa sight. The fpss can be mounted on 90* fitting under valve covers. 15# bottle can be mounted side ways in spare well turned 45* as NOS specs(so pick up works) or NOS will trade 15 for 10 and credit you $$. I have pics in my web of two diff vettes running the 5177, though not hidden. On corvetteforum.com in n2o section look for posts from Chris Stewart, he posted pic of sideways mounted 15# bottle. Also, check out my links section for mucho info on 5177 and n2o. More pics on web coming as I changed Z06 to dual 5177's dual stage.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Nitro Dave makes a nice looking dry kit that fits under the air box lid, as long as you don't take the lid off no one will see it. There is a small compartment on the passenger side of the engine bay behind the front wheel that is a good spot to place things out of the way, like solenoids and window switches. For the bottle, a friend of mine has his mounted behind the tail lights on the driver side. Don't ask me how or why he did it, but I can get you pics if you want. He fills the bottle by way of a fitting that is sticking out a little bit on the license plate. It's a pretty nice set up, he can fill the bottle without taking it out of the car.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

How would you know when the bottle is full?

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Nitro Dave makes a nice looking dry kit that fits under the air box lid, as long as you don't take the lid off no one will see it. There is a small compartment on the passenger side of the engine bay behind the front wheel that is a good spot to place things out of the way, like solenoids and window switches. For the bottle, a friend of mine has his mounted behind the tail lights on the driver side. Don't ask me how or why he did it, but I can get you pics if you want. He fills the bottle by way of a fitting that is sticking out a little bit on the license plate. It's a pretty nice set up, he can fill the bottle without taking it out of the car.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
How would you know when the bottle is full?
That's what I asked him....he said he doesn't know exactly, he just tops it off regularly. I know it's not the greatest idea, but for hiding things I would never think to ask for a look behind the tail light. The funny thing is that he really hides the bottle well, but has a dedicated fuel system and a dual stage system made up of a single nozzle and an NXL. Everything under the hood is in plain view, which looks very nice. Didn't really understand the hiding of the bottle.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Use the dynotune square gauge for nitrous pressure. Remote display.
DynoTune also makes a dry kit for the fbody, $349

Cheers
Dan