Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maximizer Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maximizer Questions...

I'm gonna buy this bad boy in July when I'll FINALLY have money [to spend on my car] again! But I just wanted to know some stuff before I ordered... I plan on cleaning up my wiring and using an extra relay, so I don't want to end up doing too much work or wasting my money. Please be as detailed as possible, or, a manual might be even better!

I understand that this device has lots of stuff that it can do. Unfortunatelly NX's site isn't very thorough or detailed. As I understand it, the following features are built in: FPSS, RPM switch, TPS, shuts off when rich/lean, and of course, it's progressive.

1) What else is there? 2) What are ALL the signals that it needs? 3) What are its outputs? 4) Will I still need a relay for my fuel and nitrous solenoids? 5) What about fuses? 6) How does it do the whole rich/lean thing? Does it replace my O2 sensor like wideband?

thanks,
somebody
Old 06-03-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Oh wait, I found this...

http://fjoinc.com/products/Maximizer....htm#Downloads

I wonder if I'll shoot myself when trying to install this thing...
Old 06-04-2005, 08:43 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just finnished installing mine. its really not that bad. Do yourself a favor and call FJO on the phone before you do the install. they spent alot of time talking to me explaning the features in detail. they are very helpfull
Old 06-04-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

I have a brand new Maximizer I would be willing to part with. Its new in the box never installed. I will make a good deal on it. WHatever the they are selling for Ill sell it for $50 less and pay shipping.

Ok...just checked Nitro Daves website.
Part Number: NX-15963-PDA
NX - DIGITAL MAXIMIZER- NEXT GENERATION VARIABLE OUTPUT POWER CONTROLLER
Price: $ 640.00

Ill sell mine for $550...shipped...its brand new
Old 06-08-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
I have a brand new Maximizer I would be willing to part with. Its new in the box never installed. I will make a good deal on it. WHatever the they are selling for Ill sell it for $50 less and pay shipping.

Ok...just checked Nitro Daves website.
Part Number: NX-15963-PDA
NX - DIGITAL MAXIMIZER- NEXT GENERATION VARIABLE OUTPUT POWER CONTROLLER
Price: $ 640.00

Ill sell mine for $550...shipped...its brand new

http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...?ProductID=540
That one's brand new too...
Old 06-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I would say there is no way that is the NEW Maximizer, the price looks like the old school one from years back. Sometime websites do not get update with the latest greatest data.
Ricky
Old 06-09-2005, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

When will the NEW Maximizer be ready?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

We should have them ready to ship to the dealers by the middle of next week. I say "should", 'cause we all know how things can get delayed.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

ok...my unused new style maximizer for $495 shipped
Old 06-12-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

What does the new Maximizer do that the old one can't? Are there flaws with the old design? Will the new one work with the current FJO Wideband AND be able to hook up with FJO's wideband wiriing harness? Basically, all I need this sucker to do is spray 50% starting at 2500 RPMs, increase to 100% by 3000 RPMs, shut off at 6000 RPMs, shut off when I'm too rich/lean, and do the ignition retard. I don't even think I'm going to distinguish between gears... and I don't/won't have a PDA so I don't need that feature; just the ability to interface with my laptop.

thanks,
-somebody
Old 06-14-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Somebody09
What does the new Maximizer do that the old one can't? Are there flaws with the old design? Will the new one work with the current FJO Wideband AND be able to hook up with FJO's wideband wiriing harness? Basically, all I need this sucker to do is spray 50% starting at 2500 RPMs, increase to 100% by 3000 RPMs, shut off at 6000 RPMs, shut off when I'm too rich/lean, and do the ignition retard. I don't even think I'm going to distinguish between gears... and I don't/won't have a PDA so I don't need that feature; just the ability to interface with my laptop.

thanks,
-somebody
Controls dual stage and customizable ramp rate... That's IT.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Dual stage, controls the opener (with added part) , monitors bottle pressure, controlls, heater, has the adility to switch on or off two differnt type of inputs, control the purge, built in MAP sensor, tps trimming, better graphic layout, 2 retards,
I think I got it all.
Ricky
Old 06-14-2005, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Somebody09
Controls dual stage and customizable ramp rate... That's IT.
Have to disagree with you there. The new maximizer does quite a bit more than the current one. They've added various cutoff controls (EGO, RPM, MAP sensor, as well as a lean cutoff delay). There are two Trigger Switches that can enable or disable something (ie: wire a FPSS to it to cutoff the system, just an added safety measure). There are two Ignition Retards w/ threshold percentage. This is all in addition to what the current maximizer does. And it does this on two stages if you want.

I would suggest going to FJO's website and downloading the demo software so you can play with it first hand and get an idea of how much control this will give you.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

You guys that have Maximizer questions....just go to the FJOracing.com website and take 10 minutes to DL the program. You will be able to run it through its paces. I can tell you the thing is amazing. Anyone that wants to go fast on juice and last should be running this thing. Even turbo guys should be running this thing. You can set it to cut the juice at a specific MAP pressure. How cool would that be to spool that damn big *** turbo and cut the juice off at the exact same boost level each time as the turbo takes over.

Anyways...go check it out.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
I would suggest going to FJO's website and downloading the demo software so you can play with it first hand and get an idea of how much control this will give you.
Yup, did that, lol. I bought it now.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
ok...my unused new style maximizer for $495 shipped

You say new style...Is it the one that is listed on their site now with the new dual stage, controls, RPM ramp rate, built in MAP etc. Controlled via laptop, and not PDA??????

If so, do you still have it?

I can do the $495 shipped...I just want to verify that it is the LATEST MODEL, and not the single stage one. I can't find anybody that has the Latest dual stage model in stock.

Quick Reply: Maximizer Questions...