Automatic Transmission - how many of u guys have a th350 that is dd?
07-31-2005, 04:34 PM
How many of u guys have th350 and do u Daily drive the car and what was needed to do the swap?
07-31-2005, 07:14 PM
I'd also like some info on this. If I have to replace another damn clutch I'm going auto. Who makes good conversion kits if any? Is there a writeup on the conversion somewhere? Any help would be sweetsauce! :nod:
07-31-2005, 11:27 PM
Make that three of us. Info would be appreciated.
i go in too.. that makes us 4...
and i would greatly appreciate it as soon as posible.. my 4l60e just gave up and every shop is quoting me about 700usd to rebuild it with stock shit..
08-01-2005, 12:44 AM
I have a RMVB Th350 w/ transbrake in my daily driver. Heres what you need.
2. either weld a plate extending forwar on your crossmember or get a specifically made th350 cross member (i made my own)
3. either geta body mounted torque arm, buy a crossmember with the ta mount built in or you can actually put a 700r4 tail shaft housing w/ a spacer and that has the torque arm mounts just like the stock tranny
4. get a flexplate (i used a 98 flexplate, it has two sets of holes in it)
5. get a converter made for a th350 LS1 combo (it has a longer pilot nose on it)
6. get a shifter (i used a pro stick ratchet shifter)
7. get a dipstick. (i used the 36" Lokar dipstick)
8. you can reuse your stock driveshaft if you get a 9" tailshaft th350
9. get a big cooler
10. if you have an a4 you have to reprogram your computer.
11. for the speedo to work i just pluged it into my wheel sensor (didn't wanna spend alot of $$$ on parts for it to work in the tranny)
I recomend getting a deep aluminum pan also (the cooler the better)
Any other questions let me know.
08-01-2005, 01:17 AM
thanks man for sharing your info and im migh keep u in mind when i get ready to do my th350 swap in the future
Or you can find a B.O.P transmission tail housing and purchase a speed sensor from Autozone for $25...a 700R4 speedo reluctor wheel for $7. and Have your speedo work and your abs.
08-03-2005, 03:47 AM
i DD mine. its really not bad in the city, but in the highway isnt fun with the 3.42s.
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO