My Side...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Side...

IN REFRENCE TO THE STICKY
As far as this the first time I started and drove the car after getting it together was the hooters meet thats when I said it drove fine, thats because I was still babying it around...The next day Sunday I took it to the track and it was fucked up!!Everytime i tried to shift at WOT it bounced the revlimiter the best I could get out of it was a 7.99- I drove it to work Pulled it out and the Transmission guy rebuilt it, He said It had stock worn clutches in it you said it had "BLUE" clutches and that it was built, Oh well 672.00 (includes sending the TC out for repairs) Later I was rolling again, I went to the track and ran the best of a 7.38..Much better...I only called you 1 time to ask what you thought it was and you said "oh maybe its blowing by the converter" (even though you said it was built!! I guess my 380Hp Is beyond "built" standards) But after all that **** happened I never called you asking for repayment of the money I spent, Or threatened you..I took it like a man...So everyone can think what they want....Just my side of the story!!!

Oh and he never told me that tranny had been with like 5 different people till I found out afterwards.....
I dont want to start any ****, I just wanted my side to be heard..
Old 09-14-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

I see your car around my house all the time. (Trinity and Precinct Line) Looks and sounds good.

I know its off topic
Old 09-14-2005, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Man, What are you in??
Pm me.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Ginger Hater

not taking sides, but nicks a good guy, never had any problems with him.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Banned

i work with nick. he is a great guy, and helps me out whenever i need work done on my car or with whatever.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Banned

that transmission shifted perfect at wot in my car, never slipped or anything. i told you this before, and i'm saying it again. the TH400 was working fine when it went into your hands. as for the internals of the transmission it had the art carr internals and valvebody, i never said the transmission was "built" and never gave any kind of insinuation of it being a billy bad *** transmission. i had it gone through when i got it and had it put back together to handle what my car was running at the time. as for how many people had the transmission, it's irrelevant but it's only had 2 other owners in it's life...myself and Anthony a friend of mine. we both put about ~300 street miles on it and it was rebuilt before it went into my car. i drove the car to work daily and never had a problem with it. i never had it at the track. a man would have paid me the money back or atleast tried to resolve the problem at hand, not made excuses and been a bitch. ofcourse i didn't want your tools (which you said were valued at $700 back when you told me...weird how they doubled in value) i don't need them as i have my own tools, and you screwed me once with junk trades, why would i want to get in the same situation again? if you want to help resolve the situation then do so, and stop lying about me not calling. i called you a couple times, even called your girlfriend's phone and her house.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

just my opinion.. if i bought a tranny or traded for one and had to pay for an unexpected rebuild right away.. u'd have to go buy your own damn peddals and take it to small claims court where you could get counter sued for selling a bunk tranny.. all he'd need is reciepts from the rebuild.. sounds like fun.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by InsomZ
just my opinion.. if i bought a tranny or traded for one and had to pay for an unexpected rebuild right away.. u'd have to go buy your own damn peddals and take it to small claims court where you could get counter sued for selling a bunk tranny.. all he'd need is reciepts from the rebuild.. sounds like fun.
liftin'em had to pay for a junk tranny to be rebuilt too Kirk.
part of the deal was tranny and pedals, as stated in the other thread.
nick got his pedals, liftin'em should get his.
small claims... nick's out "672" on his tranny, supposedly, lifin'em's out 1k. You're siding towards Nick just backfired.
Nick sues for "672"
Liftin'em counters for 1k + cost of pedals (which a dealership price on the part would suffice)
so there is 328 that nick's out.

HOWEVER! a witness or 2 (someone I won't mention, and myself) could be called and attest to the fact that Nick did, infact, tell me the transmision was fucked up BEFORE he sold/traded it to liftin'em.

Smile, I know you now have this look on your face.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

brandon: i don't know all the details just was throwing in my 2 cents.. if it was me assuming the tranny i'd of traded would of been good.

the fact though both traded a tranny that needed a rebuild is somewhat funny.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by InsomZ
brandon: i don't know all the details just was throwing in my 2 cents.. if it was me assuming the tranny i'd of traded would of been good.

the fact though both traded a tranny that needed a rebuild is somewhat funny.
it is, except the fact that one was known to be fucked up before hand...
Old 09-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Banned

well liftin'em on nittos. seem like you dont really care that much since you have not gone up in person and confrunted nick about any of this. If i was out any kind of money or anything i sure as hell would be getting my money or something in return. but you havent, making phone does not justify everything. so quit talking over the internet and take care of things.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Banned

red2k2, you have no idea what you are talking about. you don't know what i have or have not done. the fact is that you can't get cash out of a broke ***. thanks, move along.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Banned

i have no idea huh? it seems like all your doing is complaning about it, and not doing anything. Have you talked to him in person? i work with the guy and does anything and everything to help or solve a problem that either i have or someone else. all your doing is sturring up some **** on the internet like you always do, from what i have seen and heard from different people.if he owes you money like you say he does, than set up a payment plan or somethin like that. Try and solve the problem, not cause a bigger one. thats my 2 cents. but nick is a good guy.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Banned

i tried to setup a payment plan with Nick, you have no idea what you are talking about. he's your friend and you're defending him like a good friend should, but that doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brandon
liftin'em had to pay for a junk tranny to be rebuilt too Kirk.
part of the deal was tranny and pedals, as stated in the other thread.
nick got his pedals, liftin'em should get his.
small claims... nick's out "672" on his tranny, supposedly, lifin'em's out 1k. You're siding towards Nick just backfired.
Nick sues for "672"
Liftin'em counters for 1k + cost of pedals (which a dealership price on the part would suffice)
so there is 328 that nick's out.

HOWEVER! a witness or 2 (someone I won't mention, and myself) could be called and attest to the fact that Nick did, infact, tell me the transmision was fucked up BEFORE he sold/traded it to liftin'em.

Smile, I know you now have this look on your face.

I think Nick should give the pedals. They both had to rebuild a tranny so they both got a bad deal....or a fair deal depending on how you look at it.

As for the comments made by Nick... I think we could find a person or two that could say that Liftin'em said the same thing about the auto tranny that was traded
Old 09-14-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll just add $1k > $672 so maybe not too fair but you get the idea of what I mean
Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Banned

noone has ever heard anything about my transmission since it was perfect when it was pulled. the only complaint i had about it was the lack of an overdrive and the converter was to tight for an all motor setup.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Banned

you are missing the point also...$1000 is what i had to pay back to Joe Salazar to make my deal with him right. so i still have a blown up t56. with the damages to the t56 the repair costs using all new GM parts bought at cost will cost OVER $1000 for the rebuild. i have a quote from an LS1 shop in Houston who has the transmission right now. it was in the $1200 range actually.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just so I get things right...

You sold Joe the t56 for $1000. He installed it and it was trashed so you gave him his money back and the shop he went to still has the t56?

I'm not trying to start anything I'm just trying to understand.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned

i had the t56 taken to a shop in houston, you have it right 01...