Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do next?

Well I am new to the site. I just recently bought an 02 z28 A4. I also had 100 shot of nitrous added last week. I was really suprised at the numbers from the dyno. 340 rwhp stock and 410 rwhp with the ntrous at only 800 psi. the 1/4 mile sym was a 12.6 at 118. I have not had time to get to a track yet so that is the best I can give you right now hopefully with drag radials and and better bottle pressure I can get closer to the 11's. My big question is what should I do next?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what else has been done to the car besides the juice????
outta curiousity, you running wet or dry????
Old 09-19-2005, 06:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

if that 340rwhp is on a totaly stock car thats awsome.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:29 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get a TORQUE CONVERTER
Old 09-21-2005, 01:36 AM
Teching In

The only other thing that it has is a stupid glass pack that was on it when I bought it. It is a wet system by NX. I have been told with the converter that it is better to get one that fits your applications or mods. Which around March of 06 will hopefully be intake, headers, and better exhaust along with a Z06 cam if not one better, heads although I am not really sure what kind, and forged internals. I really don't know if I want to stroke and Bore it or not. I would like to get it around 600 hp and able to handle a 200 hp shot. Another thing is a better intake manifold then an ls6 besides the FAST intake?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

unless ur going big bore/stroke don't mess with the FAST intake...gains are minimal (too much $$$ for the HP u get). Yes, get a converter that matches ur mods, if it's gonna be a daily driver (cuz of stall) and IMO get at least a tranny cooler and a shift kit. Also, get gears. screw the Z06 cam, I almost made that mistake. Check out some of the cams offered by the sponsors. I'd reomend between a 224-230 cam, u'll like them. Full exhaust is a must. then after that u'll need to work on suspension...I'm gonna stop there cuz it's never ending.

Does ur nitrous setup have any safty mods i.e. window switch, FPSS ans stuff like that?

if ur car really is putting out 340RWHP with JUST a cherry bomb then u've got a FrEAk!!! Get that bottle pressure up to at least 950 (I like it around 1000-1100) and take that biotch to the track and abuse it.

There are so many mods u need to do to that car...just keep lookin around and learn, I have. seems u've got time to do that.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. I have been told that my car is a freak by many people even the guys that dynoed it. If I can figure out how to get my papers on here I will. Oh for some reason now my car doesn't always want to start. This happened the second I got the nitrous put on and tryed to drive it. Also is there any 1/4 mile tracks besides gateway in the tristate area?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Screamin_Z
unless ur going big bore/stroke don't mess with the FAST intake...gains are minimal (too much $$$ for the HP u get). Yes, get a converter that matches ur mods, if it's gonna be a daily driver (cuz of stall) and IMO get at least a tranny cooler and a shift kit. Also, get gears. screw the Z06 cam, I almost made that mistake. Check out some of the cams offered by the sponsors. I'd reomend between a 224-230 cam, u'll like them. Full exhaust is a must. then after that u'll need to work on suspension...I'm gonna stop there cuz it's never ending.

Does ur nitrous setup have any safty mods i.e. window switch, FPSS ans stuff like that?

if ur car really is putting out 340RWHP with JUST a cherry bomb then u've got a FrEAk!!! Get that bottle pressure up to at least 950 (I like it around 1000-1100) and take that biotch to the track and abuse it.

There are so many mods u need to do to that car...just keep lookin around and learn, I have. seems u've got time to do that.
Agreed!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

check ur plugs, do u know what brand they are? if they are NGK's what TR# is on them?

IMO u should run NGK TR6 and leave them gapped what they are out of the box.