Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Controllers - Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progressive Controllers - Which one?

Looking for some feedback on the progressive units out there. I am wanting something simple AND reliable. What I hope to fine is a unit that will control ramp-up, duration of ramp-up and a window of usage before a reset of 10-20 seconds, this way I can use it with a manual tranmission. Alos a "by-pass" on the unit would also be cool for the times the controller is not needed, say from a hit in higher gears.
Is there anything that can do this WITHOUT costing over $500? The new unit from HSW (The Edge) looks like it will fit the bill, but I don't want to be the test bed for a new product. That's just me.

So, is there any other units out there that will fit the bill? Also any feedback on what you are using and how it has worked would be great. Looking to find out how hard they are on solenoids (facts only please, not theory) and how well the units themselves have held up over time.
Thanks for your time!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike,
I have installed and sold tons of the maximizer units.I know they are more money but very reliable and the best quality on the market.Have you looked at the new 200 dollar unit NX is offering? If not check it out. Yes pulsing the solenoids is harder one them.Its just like everytime you hit the throttle in your car. This is why we susggest running a good solenoid.Since you have the nX solenoids you have nothing to worry about.
Dave
Old 09-20-2005, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

I completely understand your position. With that said there are a handful out there on multiple platforms that were used for final testing. No issues arose. We just started fulfilling pre-orders so there should be some feedback from the user base shortly.

We also have 1 more progressive controller in the works. I let the cat out of the bag on another site; it's still un-named and is a "middle of the road" controller. We're shooting for a $125 ish price point with it. I'll have a full announcement in the next week or so.

Thanks,
Matt

[QUOTE=Airwolf]The new unit from HSW (The Edge) looks like it will fit the bill, but I don't want to be the test bed for a new product. That's just me.
QUOTE]
Old 09-20-2005, 07:11 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good post, i was about to ask the same question, i was looking at the NOS15834NOS controller. the maximizer is just way too much for what i am looking for.

thanks! either way, i'll be getting one within a week, just which one????
Old 09-20-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

We will have ColdFusion digital read out controllers available here shortly in the next few weeks at an amazingly LOW price, they are currently being put through some very serious abuse testing to make sure they are perfect for you guys. But if you had to buy NOW I'd say go with something Dave has over any untested monkey black box type unit offered below Dave's post
Old 09-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Banned

i bought one of the new NX $200 variable ramp rate controllers today for my max effort n2o setup. can't beat the price for what you're getting. there's a thread about that controller in this section somewhere.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

The NX $200 unit, is it the one with 2 *****? Is there a link to it? Thanks Dave.

Also, Matt, I did not mean to say anything bad about your controller, I just want feed back on the unit, as well as this $200 NX unit. I want to be as safe as possible and knowing what others have seen/used helps me feel good when making my final choice. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, and price is actually not a huge factor (already have spent a mint!). The simpler it is, the better for me. Unfortunately to get what I think I need, I am going to have to get something more complex. Unless.....
Old 09-20-2005, 10:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike,
Here is the link with the info on that new controller.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/379346-new-nitrous-progressive-multi-point-ramp.html
Dave
Old 09-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Banned

Mike S. i think the new NX controller is going to be fine for you if you want simple as well as very effective. give Dave a call tomorrow and he can tell ya all about it. Dave is a great guy, great company to do business with.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Airwolf
The NX $200 unit, is it the one with 2 *****? Is there a link to it? Thanks Dave.

Also, Matt, I did not mean to say anything bad about your controller, I just want feed back on the unit, as well as this $200 NX unit. I want to be as safe as possible and knowing what others have seen/used helps me feel good when making my final choice. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, and price is actually not a huge factor (already have spent a mint!). The simpler it is, the better for me. Unfortunately to get what I think I need, I am going to have to get something more complex. Unless.....

yes the nx one is cheap but you do have to have a laptop to use it. I ordered one waiting for it to show.l
Old 09-20-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

we used the intital version of the Nx dual stage controller on JuicedSS262s car. It uses first stage dry and second stage wet direct port. Its a BREEZE to program and worked FLAWLESS. Here are a few pics.

This was on a mild 408 street car that made about 505 rwhp with an NA tune. With the nitrous plugs and nitrous setup it made about 480 rwhp. Here is a pic of the dyno graph using both stages. Its hard to tell where one stage ends and the other begins. This was roughly a 400 shot. 869 rwhp total going a bit rich up top.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Banned

damn, i didn't even think about the FJO wideband, i guess i'll have to give Dave a call tomorrow about that.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Check out the new Edlebrock Nitrous controller also. It has an adjustable main system timer that is adjustable. No laptop needed for adjusting either.