Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Nitrous Progressive.... MULTI-POINT RAMP

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Nitrous Progressive.... MULTI-POINT RAMP

Ok I have had several Maximier 2 customers request this option so we decided to add to our other progressive units. I call it multi point ramping, or variable ramping... What it is IS you can set a true curve ramp, NO longer do you have set a straight line,for your ramp.. This option will be down-loadable for FREE to ever Maximizer 2, and dual window switch user that is already out there. So here is aonther reason why to go with the BEST.

Here is the cool part its on sale for 200.00..

NX and FJO would like to offer all LS1 members a very special offer. For
200.00 you can purchase our new dual window switch progressive controller;
from these board advertisers:
Nitrous Outlet,Tbryne Motorsports, 860 Performance, and AS Motorsports.

This unit comes with free software updates for the life of the product, so
no need to
purchase them later in life and have them cost you more money.
State of the art controls, is the name of the game. Also why would you ever
put electrical controls in your car that are not water proof, and
built for the automotive world? Look at your harness on the car now…
See any openings for water to get in? No because that is the way it should
be...
So for your 200.00 you get all this:
· 2 independent channels each programmable for ON/OFF or a progressive ramp
· Programmable ramp times (0.1 - 10.0 sec)
· Programmable delay times (0.1 - 10.0 sec)
· RPM or Time based linear ramp or multi-point curve
· 1st gear lock-out· Integrated wide-open-throttle detection
· User configurable for rising or falling TPS signal
· Supports low voltage tach signals as low as 3 volts
· Works with irregular tach signals such as V10 and 3cyl
· Easy to use graphic set-up menus using PC USB
· Inputs for manual enable/disable or transmission brake, throttle position,
tach signal
· Integrated LEDs for WOT, stage 1 RPM window, stage 2 RPM window
· Integrated high current solenoid driver with 40 amp load capacity
(continuous duty)

All in a package the size of a spark plug box!.

Ricky
Old 09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
FormerVendor

In case anyone else got a headache from trying to read Ricky's post (I seem to get one everytime I read any of his posts, lol. ) I will seperate the info a little better.

First, the new software is downloadable for FREE to anyone using a Maximizer II or the dual window switch/progressive controller. No need to buy anything, just go to the fjo website and download the upgraded software.

Now to the very cool part. What is pictured above is the NEW dual window switch/progressive controller. Now you don't have to buy two seperate parts and wire them together. Both parts are housed in one very small unit, and it already comes with the new ramping program. AND ITS ONLY $200.00.

I should also point out the single coolest thing about this software. The SMOOTH button . With this turned on, you don't have to move every individual dot on the graph. Instead, when you grab a dot and move it, the program will adjust several of the dots on either side of the one you grabbed. It will adjust those dots accordingly to give you the smoothest curve possible.

HURRY AND CONTACT ONE OF THE DEALERS THAT RICKY LISTED TO GET YOURS ORDERED!!!!!

Last edited by NXJeremy; 09-12-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man thats a sweet deal.Top quality with a CHEAP price.Wow....
Dave
Old 09-12-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn...thats the sickest thing ever.
We used the 2 stage controler on Dans car to make 868 rwhp on his 408. I wasnt aware there was now a 1st gear lock out. Im sure he will appreciate that upgrade.

I have my MaxII and I am hoping to have some #s soon. The multi point ramp is right inline for what I want to do and what I will be trying to achieve. For my Manual car the RPM based mode and multi point ramp is going to be a thing of beauty.
I plan to make no more than 750-770 rwtq (which is not too much), but I plan to maintain that 750 rwtq using the multi point rpm map from 3000 all the way up to 7000+ rpm. Thats alot of HP (999 rwhp) over a broad usable rpm range. Best thing about it is you can be driveing along in 5th gear, arm the entire system...and reach down and grab any gear you like and you will get the instant hit of 750 rwtq at whatever rpm you are at. No time delays that will be affected by the varying rate of accel in each gear. This is a street car afterall.

My belief is that the peaks and valleys in HP production (cylinder pressure) using nitrous are too large in most cases. Getting a finer resolution of control is extremely important for maximum HP producion with some reliability. RPM mode allows this more completely IMO. My goal is to make as much HP as possible...then try to hook it up by tailoring it with the tools the MaxII has such as individual gear programming.. If you guys havent messed around with the program you should go to the FJO website and DL the latest version. Its amazing. It seems to me there is some real uncharted territory here for somone thats a little creative and has a good understanding of nitrous.

If I can find the time I hope to be on the rollers in about 10 days and put this thing though its paces.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

so if i purchase the FJO will it work with my dynotune nitrous kit? i got a NOS LS1 Plate with it too. i will be able to have a window switch and a progressive nitrous hit without having to purchase the maximizer as well, for 200 bucks??? wow for 250 you should put the timing retard controller in there as well. it'd do everything i'd need.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

The timing thing would be nice. Right now all there is is the Ramchargers Timing Tuner. Although I believe it could be wired to use the retard trigger form the MaxII to hit the retard.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just to confirm, I do not need the maximizer to get RPM-based ramping correct? I can just use this unit to achieve the RPM ramping (instead of the time based).

Thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Veteran

I believe the maximizer is the only unit on the market that will allow RPM base control. The dual stage is time based only. The dual stages though can be based on rpm....say firsts tage at 3000 and second stage at 4600. The ramps on the dual stage controller are time based.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Addict

so what would be needed to make this work? how does it interface with the laptop? so can I just buy thing and hook it up without buying anything else?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Resident

you guys figure out how to pull timing yet? When someone comes out with a controller that pulls timing I am all over it.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice. I'd also like to know what all I need. I already have a Timing Tuner for the timing retard. Do I need a Maximizer 2 or does this unit have everything I need. It has the built in window switch and the progressive controller. Does it also have a trigger for the timing retard?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by red90cobra
so what would be needed to make this work? how does it interface with the laptop? so can I just buy thing and hook it up without buying anything else?
The unit comes with the USB cable in the kit, to connect to a computer.. LAptop, or desktop.
You buy this one unit, and your done.. Until you want to got to the maximizer 2...lol.
Ricky
Old 09-13-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
you guys figure out how to pull timing yet? When someone comes out with a controller that pulls timing I am all over it.
Send me your timing tuner and I will put both into the same box, lol.. Just kidding, we are working on it, but time is not on our side... We will be making that an option in the future just not today.
Ricky
Old 09-13-2005, 11:21 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for all of the great initial feedback, sounds like this is going to be a very popular addition to any nitrous system. Too answer a few questions, here goes.

Paul2820- Yes, this controller will work with your Dynotune system and the NOS system. However, although I can't confirm it for sure, I have heard that the NOS solenoids don't hold up very well under progressive use (hence the need for the backup nitrous solenoid in their systems. Just something to think about).

Y2KLS1- You are correct, this new unit is capable of delivering both time and rpm-based ramping.

Red90Cobra- The unit will connect to the laptop/PC via a serial cable. A lot of new PC/laptops don't have a serial port, instead they have a USB port. There is a USB-to-serial adapter that you can get a stores like Best Buy that are fairly inexpensive.

Z284U2TRY and PAGregSS- Neither the Maximizer II or the new unit can retard the timing by itself. However,both the new unit and the Maximizer II are capable of sending a signal to activate a timing control unit such as the Timing Tuner from Ramchargers.

Ricky is currently working on a wiring schematic for connecting the new unit to the Timing Tuner in order to activate it (and retard the timing) upon activation of the nitrous system. He should have it done sometime today.

We are continuing to work on a way to control timing on the LS1 and as soon as we have it figured out you guys/girls will be the first to know.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Old 09-13-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
I believe the maximizer is the only unit on the market that will allow RPM base control. The dual stage is time based only. The dual stages though can be based on rpm....say firsts tage at 3000 and second stage at 4600. The ramps on the dual stage controller are time based.
Are you sure? It is included in the list of specs for the $200 dual window switch. Unless that is a typo? Ricky?

So for your 200.00 you get all this:
· 2 independent channels each programmable for ON/OFF or a progressive ramp
· Programmable ramp times (0.1 - 10.0 sec)
· Programmable delay times (0.1 - 10.0 sec)
· RPM or Time based linear ramp or multi-point curve.........
Old 09-13-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, question anwered by Jeremy. Thanks!

Originally Posted by NXJeremy

Y2KLS1- You are correct, this new unit is capable of delivering both time and rpm-based ramping.

Last edited by Y2K2LS1; 09-13-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Paul2820- Yes, this controller will work with your Dynotune system and the NOS system. However, although I can't confirm it for sure, I have heard that the NOS solenoids don't hold up very well under progressive use (hence the need for the backup nitrous solenoid in their systems. Just something to think about).
Thank you,
Jeremy
NXJeremy, good info and product, but I must point out that Paul2820 is running a Dynotune kit with a NOS Plate. No where did he state that he has changed over to NOS brand noids. Also, because he is running a wet kit, NOS does not supply redundant noids for wet, anyway. Redundant noids is a safety issue for Dry kits, as this will save you from a sticking open noid, it has nothing to do with quality. Now, maybe the NOS Powershot noids are not the best for progressive (pulsing of noids), thay do have noids that are on par with anything NX makes/sells.

This product is sweet, and affordable. So many choices out there. So, for locking out your 2nd stage in first gear you would do this as time based. Could you use a mech/electro ms lockout on an existing set-up for your 2nd stage and start progressive ramping in 2nd gear for 2nd stage?
Robert
Old 09-13-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
Ok, question anwered by Jeremy. Thanks!

Sweet...I will have Juiced262SS download the upgrades into his dual stage unit then. He will be happy to hear this.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:02 PM

Ok to make this thing control a timing tuner. First I need to know what is the trigger for the tuner, hot or ground.. If it is a ground no biggy just connect the timing tuner to one of the output wires... If its a hot you will need a relay for the ground output wire to control and send the hot to it.
This how you would wire it up.. I put on stage 2 but you can put on either stage...

From what I remember the timing tuner wants to trigger the noids, so you just have to have the FJO box control a relay to the timing tuner..

Ricky

Last edited by NXRICKY; 09-15-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Robert, my appologies if I stepped on your toes. I read Paul's setup as being two stages (one Dynotune system, and one NOS plate), I was wrong. However, before you go on defending your brand of choice, please reread my statement. I said that "I can't confirm it for sure", but I have heard that the NOS brand solenoids don't hold up very well under progressive use. I stated that I couldn't confirm it because I have no reason to use that brand of solenoid. I am only going by what customers have told me. And by the way, if a company is continually having an issue with solenoids sticking open, then that would be a quality issue.

Also, I must make a small edit to my answer for Red90Cobra. The new unit already comes with a USB cable instead of a serial cable. The benifit of this is that a USB can provide power to the unit, which means that you can take the unit out of the car and connect it to a PC in your house and it will power up and allow you to program it.

Thanks Ricky for pointing out my error

Originally Posted by Robert56
NXJeremy, good info and product, but I must point out that Paul2820 is running a Dynotune kit with a NOS Plate. No where did he state that he has changed over to NOS brand noids. Also, because he is running a wet kit, NOS does not supply redundant noids for wet, anyway. Redundant noids is a safety issue for Dry kits, as this will save you from a sticking open noid, it has nothing to do with quality. Now, maybe the NOS Powershot noids are not the best for progressive (pulsing of noids), thay do have noids that are on par with anything NX makes/sells.

This product is sweet, and affordable. So many choices out there. So, for locking out your 2nd stage in first gear you would do this as time based. Could you use a mech/electro ms lockout on an existing set-up for your 2nd stage and start progressive ramping in 2nd gear for 2nd stage?
Robert

Quick Reply: NEW Nitrous Progressive.... MULTI-POINT RAMP