Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bandit's Vette NX Nitrous Install Pics So Far

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bandit's Vette NX Nitrous Install Pics So Far

Here are a few for you. Will be done next week. [B]Any suggestions from what you see. [/B] One of the Noids is installed with the cheap NX Brackets, but that is all we had.

Ashtray closes perfect and doesn't hit any buttons

Bottle

Bottle Opener and Pressure Gauge

More to Follow

Bandit

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 10-01-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya Hooooo! The games have started. The only thing that I see that maybe could use some work is braided line routing, but that's subjective. Nice so far though.
Robert
Old 10-01-2005, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

Cool! Glad to see you're finally close to completion!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Git R Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Guys. YES I see the braided line myself and it needs work! It isn't done yet and again, I am not doing this myself.

Any tips on the braided line? I guess the fuel rails will cover some of it eventually, but the lines Look LONG, and that is why they are all over the place.

Is it just a matter of routing the lines better, or do I need SHorter Braided Lines for certain connections to make things more neat and tidy under the hood?

Also the N20 Gauge On the Bottle, looks to be at a wierd angle. That is something I can just adjust by loosening a nut, movign it where I want, and tightening it, right?

Keep the Tips Comming. It Helps.

Oh Ya. I mounted the MSD Digital in the glove box. It took up a lot of the glove box, but looks pretty cool. I just have it in there with DS Tape, on the left of the glove box, but that thing is BIG

Thanks
Old 10-01-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found it takes some planning to keep the lines neat unless you buy lines made to custom lengths. I have had to be very selective as to exactly where I place the solenoids, but I am going to be able to use standard length lines and not have to loop to use up extra length. J
I found that just moving the solenoids 1/4-1/2 inch makes a difference. In fact I need to order some different length lines Monday.

There is functionaly wrong with looping in fact it is better that having a line that is bent too tight or stretched to fit.

Keep the pics coming.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

You have a lot of lines to keep neat. We spent dinner with my friend/mechanic know it all ((lol)boring our wives)) while we discussed the various chances of screwing up AF etc by keeping lines short enough for best looks and keeping in mind not effecting "flow timing" to FU the engine tune. This seems to be this weeks educational chore for me. I think i'll have to take a crash course in "fluid dynamics" to completely inderstand when the different line lenghts after the solenoids make a difference...with N20 systems it def takes time and patience to install solenoids, nozzles etc and then measure up lines...I forgot $$ too! Good job..
Old 10-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

I love your switch/gauge setup, very nice.

Your bottle mount looks very good.....more functional than my perpindicular mount. Are you not worried about storing the top or putting to cover back in place though? Just gonna run it like that?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Looks good, I was worried about the braided lines rubbing against the motor or carring residual heat. So I wrapped most of the exposed lines in fuel hose or spilt loom to helpout with protection and appearance
Old 10-02-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Guys.

Yes the bottle location in the trunk is functional, but will not allow me to put the top in the car when the Bottle is there. I am going to have the cover ON when it is finished and will cut a small 1/2 circle for the bottle to stick out. I think it looks cool.

If I MUST have the top in the car when I drive, I can always just pop the bottle out and leave it at home. Otherwise I will just leave it at home. I only drive it usually on the weekends, so it's no biggie for me.

SO ARE YOU GUYS SAYING IT IS BAD to have the lines looped? Will this cause issues? I think he just did that because they were so long and my car isn't done yet, so they might clean the lines up more later. Should I get shorter Lines, let them stick out a long way and leave them straight (ie. not looped). Looking at MY PICS, what would you do to the lines?.

I thought of moving a few Under the Plastic AirBridge Cover, vs. over the top as in the picture.

If anyone has pics of their set up that would help, please post them.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK Guys, Here is an example of a Dual Kit on a Vette and they used Hard Lines. My problem is the lines are just too damn long. I could always after the fact Hard Line my Lines and make things look neater. I have a buddy that would do it all for about 100 bucks and I might even steal this idea.

I am sure they ran into the same issues as we did on this, so they hard lined it and made the lines top the length they wanted. Looks pretty good.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the hard line look for the dual nozzle. The unequal length "may" cause an A/F ratio problem for the first milla-second, but I don't believe anything to worry about. Top fuel cars and DP systems ALL have different lengths and I don't see any real problems doing it. I vote "go for it"!
Old 10-02-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks.

I will post final pics and dyno results as soon as it is done. Is a 10 second car fun to drive? I guess I will find out.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gary Looking good.However your switch panel is upside down.
Dave
Old 10-03-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Dave! GREAT EYE!!! That is why I posted Pics. I just told my friend to turn it around.

Thanks again!

Gary
Old 10-03-2005, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Airwolf
I like the hard line look for the dual nozzle. The unequal length "may" cause an A/F ratio problem for the first milla-second, but I don't believe anything to worry about. Top fuel cars and DP systems ALL have different lengths and I don't see any real problems doing it. I vote "go for it"!

FINALLY someone who understands hose length. The hard lines look excellent. It's all a matter of patience, time and money.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Looks good. Where did you get the switch panel at, or did you make? How did you mount the pressure gauge in there? Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

switch is an NX Panel Switch, you get it from any MX Distributor. The gauge I will have to ask my installer. I didn't do it.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
switch is an NX Panel Switch, you get it from any MX Distributor. The gauge I will have to ask my installer. I didn't do it.
Gary: Be careful with your finger. I think you meant NX distributor.