Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spit & spudder

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spit & spudder

Motor will hesitate from a dead stop. Once its rolling, it has great power and acceleration. If I floor it going 5-10 mph, it still gets up and goes good. Also during warm-up, it seems as if the motor is getting loaded up, I have already fouled a new set of Tr55 just from starting the motor to finish the build (filling fluids). I have a mail order tune, Trex, ls6 intake, all bolt-ons, etc. It sounds like the motor is running really rich at idle? I have all Aeromotive fuel system with a steady 60 lbs at the regulator, is that too much with stock injectors and fuel rails? Thanks for the help, Joey
Old 10-25-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh yeah, if it matters, it has a th400 auto tranny.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody??
Old 10-26-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What pcm are you running?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

2000 motor stock pcm and harness. This is in a hybryd without all the smog sensors. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd say you're just running way rich at idle, and when you transition from idle to go you have too much fuel in the cylinder causing the bogging. Especially if you're fouling plugs that quickly. Your fuel system should be fine, although if you have 2000 injectors you would probably want to check your duty cycle to be sure, they are the smaller ones so it might be wise just to upgrade a bit. Regardless, lack of injector will show symptoms at high rpm and not hamper idle.

I'd suggest finding someone local from the board with tuning software to help you out. Tuning the idle can be tricky sometimes, and I'm sure it is with that cam, something that would probably be done better hands on than with a mail order tune. You may have to play with the throttle blade, etc, to get enough air in at idle, pull a bit more fuel out, something like that to get it to not dump so much unconsumed fuel, but that is something that would have to be done hands on I would think.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

So, basically I need a dyno tune? The places around here charge $185.00 per hour and estimate 2-3 hours. Yikes!! Is there any other options? Knowing the problems, can a mail order work from there and correct the issues? Thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no. You don't need a dyno to tune the idle. Just try to track down somebody local with tuning software, I'm sure there are some members in your area.