Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another what would you do thread but please look

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another what would you do thread but please look

let me start of by saying i work very very hard for very little money so i dont have a ton of money to throw down on heads. i have all the bolt on in sig. +
lth / ory and a fast 78/78 going on the shelf too. the cam i have is a 228/228 581/581 114lb comp cams. stock bottom end. all the free mods ect. my car is an a4 but will have a vig 3600 stall or @ there and 3.73 gears and asp u/d pulley.
what heads would you go w/ if you could only spend about 6 - 700 dollors total. i will be getting 1.75 rr/tit rets and hard push rods from comp too.
( as you can tell i have a friend at comp here in memphis i help him w/ his car he helps me w/ prices )
5.3 w/ better/better valves and slight porting ( heads about 150 here )
port 5.7 stock heads i have ( all $$ goes to porting ect... )
get basically stock ls6 heads ( @ 600 some odd dollors )
or would you wait and wait and wait for some used heads at a good price and if you chose to wait what would you look for in my price range.
car is a driver but i want low 12's. i have almost all of my parts already sittin at the shelf to do the lth ory heads cam intake ect swap all at the same time that way my cars down for 3 days not 2 day 3 times.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to hit low 12's pretty easily without doing head work. Has the car been tuned yet? If so who did it and what were the numbers? Do you still have the stock MAF?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

I have a friend that has the same cam you have and he is running them with PP 5.3 heads. His car makes awesome power and great times at the track. That cam with the 5.3 heads has made a great combo!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

your not gonna get any decent heads new that I know of for $700, save some more money up until you start eclipsing the $1200 mark, then you can get a cheaper set of heads (TEA has stage 1 heads for $1000, so do Patriot and probably others) plus gaskets and everything needed for install.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

thanks for some replys, i know im not going to get aftermarket heads new for 700 thats why i didnt list them on here. the problem w/ the 1200 dollor mark is thats just way to high and it would be well into next year befor i could get those + the extra nickel and dime parts that always end up costing $$$ too. 700 would be the most i could get in a reasoable time b/c im going to be selling some old parts i have in the garage. i work in an assembly line 50 hours a week and do some mechanic work on the side on the weekend for extra spending cash. i have the intake and the headers already sitting on the shelf just askin to go on now. im not trying to ge a low 11 second car here just something w/ more power then most out ther but still streetable. if i wanted another track only car like i use to have id build another BBC 3rdgen car.
im just trying to get my most bang for the buck here for a DD.
blkz28spt :No my car hasnt been tuned yet, b/c so far right now i know it doesnt need it other then to delete the ses light from my !air n ! egr. i know ive been told to put my stock maf sensor on and it might run better if thats what you were going to say. if not go ahead and post away plz\
ladyredhawk: any idea what track times he is getting and whats the rest of his setup is ???
thanks again for all the replys so far plz keep em coming
Old 11-01-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

This is his homepage, has all the info on his car there including Track ETs and Mods.

http://webpages.charter.net/slogan24/
Old 11-01-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

awesome link thanks, thats the kinda advise im looking for opinions w/ results to back it up
Old 11-02-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

anybody else have their .02 to throw in?