Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 step?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 step?

I searched and found alot of people run the harlan 2 step yet he stopped making them. I need one for my car and was wondering if anyone had one for sale or knows of somewhere i can get one that will work with my car? Car is in sig. Thanks
Old 12-04-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just gotta wait and keep checkin until someone sells on the classified/ad section I guess.good luck.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm in the midst of a redesign, targeting release in the early spring for the newer design.

In the mean time, the classifieds is your best bet.

I've got a very limitied number of reman units that will go up for sale at a reduced price in a few weeks.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Harlan,

Can you give us a comparison of planned features in your revised model versus your older model.

I had a chance to buy and older one but passed it up anticipating the new version.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Check here and/or add to the list

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/405027-2-step-users-potential-users-need-input.html

Initially, the first revision will be much like the original. Except for some packaging changes and a removable harness, the unit will be much the same. Box is slightly larger to facilitate the sealed connector on the box versus the older "glued in" solution. It's the retooling to make that happen that causes the redesign.

Slight changes include the ability to select polarity of the arming/hold inputs to make life easier for clutch and transbrake users. More robust inputs to deal with situations where direct connections to transbrake solenoid/linelock buttons causes problems. And possibly an internal relay to replace the relay trigger line, allowing the user to eliminate the external relay and pick the use for the output.

Shortly after that, I'll have the "3 step". allowing you to use 2 seperate settings for staging, burn outs, etc. Really aimed at the turbo guys but usable elsewhere. You get 2 limiters in the box and the PCM as the last one.

The next deal is the remote control, letting you mount the 2 step out of the way and have the ability to change the settings in the car.

That's the quick rundown as I see it at this time.

Prices will change from the old unit, and be different depending on the version you choose.

More to follow when I have prototypes in hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my Harlan 2 step.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

hey Harlan, any idea's on approx. prices for the new version of the 2 step? Also, how much longer then the 2 step will the "3 step" be available? Do you think it would be more benificial for me to wait for your 3 step with my 408 91mm turbo setup?
Old 12-06-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I see you are finally stepping it up for the vette guys also after what we went through to get mine to work. Good job Matt.