Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b b triflo

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b b triflo

Whats up guys, just got long tube headers in last week with a off road y pipe. i got a flomaster cat back on it and need less to say it has to go. any experience out there tith the b b triflo without cats? if so how does it perfrom and sound.Or maybe corsa. i really into the dual tip look. thank you.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love B&B tips but i love sound of corsa

LT headers with ory
http://www.ls1sounds.com/BnB/BBTriFlow_FLP-ORY_cold-
start_Gamefan008.mp3

http://www.ls1sounds.com

Last edited by SIC LSX; 01-06-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:11 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

B&B looks good, sounds good. But from old posts, I recall it's not the best flowing.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

yup ive herd the same thing
Old 01-07-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Its a really nice mellow tone to it. Sounds good with LT and ORY.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have LT's/ORY/Corsa.
My buddy, who's car was at my house for 2 weeks, has Mac mid's/ORY/B+B TriFlo.

My car is MUCH louder. It may be the long tubes, but the Corsa screams in comparison to the TriFlo. At idle, my car sounds almost like it's camming, a real tight, choppy sound, that isn't too loud. No drone. When cruising, the Corsa is pretty deep and rich, always defined. At WOT, it screams. It's not high-pitched, but it's not a rumbly big block sound. Think a beefy Nascar sound. Pretty damn loud, deep, and like I said, always well-defined.

My buddy's car is very quiet. The idle sounds like stock but a little bit louder. There really isn't any drone when cruising, and it's got a midrangey tone to it. It sounds ballsy, yet neat and clear. Not as deep as my Corsa. At WOT, it's smoother than my exhaust, but not a screamer at all. He also has a cutout, that changes the sound totally, but thats really a fair review of the TriFlo.

That said, I like my tips better.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

I picked up 17 hp with the B&B triflow, im currently going with true duals, but if your looking for high quality, good fit, B&B is the ****. It sounds really good with ory, loud but not too loud, no rasp what so ever.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

1nastyss, u got a pm!
Old 01-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
B&B looks good, sounds good. But from old posts, I recall it's not the best flowing.
That link from LS1Sounds is of my car without cats. I really liked the sound before I took the cats out... it got really raspy after that. I heard too many things about how the B&B flows poorly, I sold it for a Hooker catback (The B&B was on the car when I bought it).
Old 01-08-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yo, I'm 8banger's buddy with the B&B. I like the exhaust a lot. It's real quiet, and gives off a kinda stock-ish sound, as he stated before. It supposedly doesn't flow as well, but still has good gains. I like my setup, the B&B with an electric cutout.

At a stoplight, very little exhaust noise....Ricer throws a rev...Rob flips switch...Sound goes from Lurlurlurlurlurlurlurlurlur to BluhBluhBluhBluhBluhBluhBluh.....Ricer turns and looks...Rob smirks...Ricer backs down. If you're going for the sleeper effect, it's an awesome exhaust, quiet but awesome sounding. Although a 4" cowl hood kinda ruins the whole 'sleeper' affect

PM me if you have any questions about it
Rob
Old 01-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Launching!

I had B&B with a cutout and got a lot of compliments on the sound. Very mellow and refined but loud enough at WOT. With LTs this setup would sound bad ***, mine was on stock manifolds and now I'm switching to duals. I'm selling this setup with the much loved quad tips if anyone is interested shoot me a PM...
Old 01-09-2006, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

I have a B&B Triflow with LT's and no cats,a nd the sound is awesome. Low rumble at idle, and nice growl on revs. No rasp. My fav exhaust for LS1's followed by GMMG. and if you have a Trans Am, it looks the best too.