Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gains with headers on STS setup??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gains with headers on STS setup??

What kind of gains have you guys experienced throwin on a set of headers with your STS setups. Im not sure if i should throw on my new pacesetters or not. Does it affect anything like spooling? And hows the sound change?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STOP DO NOT PUT ON THOSE HEADERS I had the some pace setters on my sts and the crack in less than a month just go with manafolds they work fine and the change in sound will come from the cats being removed if you havent done so oh and by the way i was only running 5psi when they went they where brand new coated shorties i would not use them IMO
Old 01-25-2006, 06:09 AM
ZRS
Teching In

Is there a general problem with the STS turbo in combination with headers ? Would the increased exhaust pressure make header leaks even more possible ?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen many rear mount guys runnin headers. Are you sayin its just pacesetters that had the problem when used with a turbo? Or all headers in general. What kind of gains did you see before removing them?

Any other opinions?
Old 01-25-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt..
Old 01-26-2006, 02:37 AM
TECH Addict

Its was just the pacesetters im not calling them junk just beware of that a friend of mine was running hooker LTs no problem spool time i felt no differance sound was no differance im in iraq sorry about the slow response no i redyno it with some manafolds after my headers broke it made no differance and this not at the same dyno it still put out 520 no change in when the power came and TQ but if you have them use them just beware the weak spots are in the flanges and A.I.R tubes
Old 01-26-2006, 05:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea i dont doubt you. I was just looking for some more concrete evidence of a with vs without setup. From what i understand, most seem to run similar #s regardless of LTs. Im likely going to go with my stock manifolds and possibly port them and coat and be done with it. Any other experiences?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Anything that can speed up the flow of the exhaust will help to spool the turbo. We have headers on the STS Turbo Camaro SS that is in the project car section of my website, and it is making really good power, and there doesn't seem to be much turbo lag at all, I was impressed! Bob
Old 01-27-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Addict

No, but Bob is a Tech Guru if he knows what headers that will hold up under boost i would go with him but untill then i would use the manafolds i have had manafolds on and push 9psi no leaks i also used GM gaskets and copper seal you can get it at adavance auto 3 bucks