Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani?

First off... Let me introduce myself. My names brad from New Orleans. Ok thats good.

I started with the L67 in a charged Grand prix. SWEET ride. i got that v6 down to high 12's on street tires and pump gas. Well... the hurricane took care of ending its streak.

I moved on and UP to a 98 T/A. I have VERY minimal knowledge about the LS1 and am very eager to learn. Im not at all used to natural aspiration, so this is killing me.

Im a modding addict though, and first things first. I love a great sounding exhaust. I had SLP LM on the prix and was MORE than satisfied, however i was told otherwise for the LS1. Most stories i've heard have stated that its TOO loud and obnoxious. I, for one, have a hard on for loud and obnoxious exhaust, but i'de like to cool it a little.

I have heard Excellent things about Bassani. The main "speedshop" that we have here specializes in LS1's, and installs Bassani systems day in and day out from headers to tips (not a fan of the tips). It sounds like a sleeper at idle, but roars on the road. the Drone and Rasp is very minimal if any even at WOT.

i would like to get some other opinions on this system. i.e.: which bassani setup is best. Which size muffler? single muffler or dual muffler? header length, Y-pipe... everything i SHOULD know.

also... if anyone is familiar with GMMG, let me know the same for it. I've heard both setups and am impressed with both. i would just like to know if theres any better and why.

Thanks!
BRAD
Old 02-18-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not have a GMMG. However it seems to be a fan favorite around here.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.ls1sounds.com will give you more sound clips if you want to check it out with various setups

i have GMMG and love it, by far the best cat back IMO, but of course taht is why i bought it lol. any ls1 exhaust will be raspy with a ypipe setup but LM seems to be the worst. i cant comment on bassani, i have never heard it
Old 02-18-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a used Bassani Y with high flow cats for sale, if you're interested. It only has a couple thousand miles on it. PM me if interested. It sounds really nice, I loved it.... but I moved to a somewhat "emmisions friendly" state so I'm ditching the cats.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

i run the bassani tru-duals on both of my cars. great sound with minimal interior noise.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Default bassani

yeah.. thats what i hear.. the interior noise is very minimal. it has a really nice roar from the outside though. I've heard it a few times from some of the TA's at that speed shop that i mentioned. i havent heard any rasp or popping from it at all.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Bump for this topic. I'd love to hear more about Bassani.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the bassani cars ive ridden in have a nice clean sound with little noise in the inside..kinda pricey though i think
Old 02-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Well... they're somewhat pricey, but like anything else, you get what you pay for. GMMG is even more expensive than Bassani. However, they sound VERY similar. I like the look of the muffler on the GMMG setup. Im not a fan of the tips on bassani systems. on a camaro, they look good, but since the birds have those wide exhaust cutouts, the dual dual's look much better. Any advice on tips? So far, i think i'm in love with Corsa's Dual Dual tips.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

I had the Bassani 3" catback w/ the" street comp" single muffler and it was quiet @ idle but sounded great at WOT.I now have the TSP duals w/ Sweet Thunders( w/ Kooks LT's) and it's the meanest sounding exhaust I've heard.I can't wait to get the H/C installed!If I were going to get the bassani catback again I would get their race muffler instead of the "street comp"!