Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Remote Mount Turbo Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS Remote Mount Turbo Video

Just finished up this car last week here is a little video hopefully you all enjoy.

Video
Old 03-06-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default re:

Awesome video buddy. I have the sts on my 94 and it's awesome. It's pulls and pulls. Love these kit's - cannot wait to run more boost
Old 03-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Teching In

what song is in the background??
Old 03-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Teching In

its Fort Minor all their stuff is pretty good.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

you would get better #s if you took off your filter sock, sts tells this to all its dealers. the sock is very restictive. your car sounds great ,get the intercooler for even more fun!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice video!

thank you for turning down the music so we could hear the car scream on the dyno. (i hate it when people leave the music on when the main event is happening)
Old 03-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Teching In

hahaha I am glad someone noticed that, I always seemed to get yelled at when I don't so I figured this one I would give it a try and I like it lots better
Old 03-07-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIM Z
you would get better #s if you took off your filter sock, sts tells this to all its dealers. the sock is very restictive. your car sounds great ,get the intercooler for even more fun!
Really better #'s without the fliter sock???
Old 03-07-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

the dry charge sock has 1/10th of the surface area of the filter, so yes, its better w/o the sock.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

you would get better #s if you took off your filter sock, sts tells this to all its dealers. the sock is very restictive.
I bet it'd get even better numbers if you took the whole filter off. Yeah yeah then you could ice down the intake and cold parts, ect ect blah blah blah just like some of the supra guy's
If you just want good dyno numbers, have them jack with the correction factors.

but if you want to know what kind of REAL numbers you are running on the street, dyno the car like it runs on the street. If you drive it with the sock, dyno with the sock, period. Doing all the little dyno tricks is f'in RICE!!!!

FWIW Nice dyno and good looking car, CPR!!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SUPER DAVES Z
but if you want to know what kind of REAL numbers you are running on the street, dyno the car like it runs on the street. If you drive it with the sock, dyno with the sock, period. Doing all the little dyno tricks is f'in RICE!!!!

FWIW Nice dyno and good looking car, CPR!!
I dont think its rice. Im sure you would take the sock off at the strip anyway.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fr33styL3
I dont think its rice. Im sure you would take the sock off at the strip anyway.
Yep that's exactly what I'd do!!! I'll race someone and tell them how much better my car runs without the sock!!! I'd also pull off my windshield wipers to get more of an aerodynamic advantage and really whoop their ***!!!!

Going faster at the drag strip is one thing, but doing stuff you would normally not do just to EXAGERATE a number (aka DYNOQUEEN) is another. If you are going to drive around with the sock on most of the time, what are you going to say if you lose a race, "let me pull off my sock". Excuses like that are rice. Saying "you beat me now but when i get (insert whatever mod you thing you need).........I'll kick your ***" is rice.---> (very similar to let me pull off my sock)
Old 03-07-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its not to get that extra power or the "rice" ****. Most of the time is spent driving with the sock off. Some dont ever put it on. It you cant get enough air through the sock, doenst it make sence to tune the car the way it will be driven most of the time; i.e. w/o the sock. The sock is for wet weather driving and made to repell as much water as possible while still breathing some.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trtturbo
Its not to get that extra power or the "rice" ****. Most of the time is spent driving with the sock off. Some dont ever put it on. It you cant get enough air through the sock, doenst it make sence to tune the car the way it will be driven most of the time; i.e. w/o the sock. The sock is for wet weather driving and made to repell as much water as possible while still breathing some.
That's why I said "dyno the car like it runs on the street" which is different than pulling the stupid sock off just for the dyno. IMO those types of dyno tricks are retarted.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

That's why I said "dyno the car like it runs on the street" which is different than pulling the stupid sock off just for the dyno. IMO those types of dyno tricks are retarted.
Turbos have a hard enough time sucking air as it is. the system works fine with the sock off...thats not a "trick", thats realizing the potential of your $4000 turbo system.

what other logic do you have? are you against cut-outs, ORP's, slicks skinnies, !filter, race gas etc... after all its not street trim

If i go to the strip in race trim and run a xx.xx, it would not be accurate if I tell someone my "street trim dyno #'s" for the respective times
Old 03-07-2006, 02:59 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

boy im glad you posted this because i always wondered if i was retarded. but retarded is NOT utilizing every trick to make power. i never run my sock and its just for guarding against heavy rain, this is not some bullshit to make more power on a dyno. the sock hampers airflow and is not reccommend for all out performance, i am trying to help a fellow brother out by letting him know info on it, im sure he just put it on comes it comes with the kit, does that mean you have to use it? hell no, just keep it handy for wet weather if you dont have a snorkel. oh, btw, if he runs 93 over 87 oct is that a ricer dyno trick?
Old 03-07-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fr33styL3
Turbos have a hard enough time sucking air as it is. the system works fine with the sock off...thats not a "trick", thats realizing the potential of your $4000 turbo system.
Thank you for explaining the interworkings of a turbo to me. I was responding to "you would get better #s if you took off your filter sock". He has not realized the "potential" of that turbo kit yet. It'll make a lot more than 467rwhp.

QUOTE=Fr33styL3]what other logic do you have? are you against cut-outs, ORP's, slicks skinnies, !filter, race gas etc... after all its not street trim [/QUOTE]

I'm not against anything to make power; however, as I stated before doing stuff to your car just to create a higher dyno number is STUPID!!!!
If he drives without the sock, then it would be good to dyno without it becasue his car will probably lean out w/out the sock. FWIW most people with FI cars would say it makes xxx rwhp on pump and xxx on race gas. I guess you could also say that with or w/out the sock.

QUOTE=Fr33styL3]
If i go to the strip in race trim and run a xx.xx, it would not be accurate if I tell someone my "street trim dyno #'s" for the respective times[/QUOTE]

IMO it is always better to understate than overstate. i would rather have a quick 460 rwhp car than a slow 500 rwhp car. I think CPR did it the right way by dynoing it the way he runs it.

Last edited by SUPER DAVES Z; 03-07-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

i never run my sock
Then you should dyno without the sock!!!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Then you should dyno without the sock!!!!!
i agree! and will be heading there shortly, >>> I DO understand what you were saying about getting #S THE WAY YOU run your setup all the time., but i was again just stating for the best every day performance dont run a sock, just use it for inclement weather if necessary, not for enhancement of dyno #s.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

I saw a whopping 3hp difference with and without the sock at 6#'s of boost. Maybe it would make more difference at higher power levels, but I only did one off and on direct comparison run.