Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Got my Textralia clutch from Byunspeed today!!! But parts are missing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got my Textralia clutch from Byunspeed today!!! But parts are missing!!!

I get home from work today all excited about my clutch going to be here waiting on me. The car has been down since the last week of dec and I am dying to have it back on the street.

Anyway, I get home and open the package to find no pilot bearing, instructions or alignment tool The package was also in poor condition considering this is over a 1k dollar piece.

So what now? Do I go down to auto zone and get a pilot bearing and move forward? What about the alignment tool? I honestly don't know what I would even use that for anyway. I mean the hub fits snug on the flywheel and there are nubs on the PP so you can only attach it to the flywheel one way, so what am I missing here?

Please someone that has this clutch fill me in, I am wanting to get this car going tonite BAD. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

Just got off the phone with Young and he got me all taken care of! Great customer service! Thanks!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I got mine today too. I came home to find the box by my front door and there was no pilot bearing or throwout bearing. It looked like someone played soccer with the box. The slave cylinder was damaged and the flywheel had little dings in the teeth all over it. The box wasnt even taped shut!!! It had definitely been dropped, and for paying 1000 bucks for this thing I must say it was poorly packaged. I talked to byunspeed, I am sending it back and they are sending me a whole new package. I'll post some pics of it when I get home.

James
Old 03-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Banned

Hi everyone. I'm glad I could take care of you. Like I said, any issues, I will take care of it.
Unfortunately, TEXtralia would like to get your orders processed ASAP before the race season starts and ARE in the processing of getting custom manufacturered packaging for the clutches.

As for now as the packages come in, I am opening them, double checking and retaping the boxes up because they do come in a little scuffed from UPS. I am sorry about the problems both you guys had. I reship these via FedEx. Believe me, there are about three more that had problems with their packaging and rest assured, TEXtralia does know of the situation and is on top of it.

Last edited by COSPEED; 03-16-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:16 AM
On The Tree

Ailignment tool is used to make sure clutch disc,pressure plate, & pilot bearing are all in alignmeat so when trans goes in everything is in alignment.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No surprise that Young stepped in and took care of things.

dude, you're going to have to ease up on the top-notch customer service to make it fair for other businesses...

Old 03-16-2006, 05:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Guys, I want to apologize to both of you (and anyone else) for the issues you had. Young had it right. We had one of two choices. Hold up your order while we waited for our new shipment of boxes, or box them up and send them out. Obviously the boxes we used in this case did not hold up to the rigors of shipping as we'd have hoped. We will not be making that mistake again.

If either of you (or anyone else) still need anything, or there is anything we can do to help out. Please let us know and we'll do whatever we can to make it right.

I'd also like to thank Young for taking the lead on getting this squared away and bringing it to our attention.

Again, if anyone has any sort of issue, you can contact our vendors, or please feel free to contact us directly at admin@textralia.com.au . We're here to support our customers in any way we can.

Again, I apologize for the issue, and we're making strides to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks again for your support.

-Joe
Old 03-16-2006, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, really speaks about your customer service!

i'd rather go with a company with great customer service like that, rather than someone else that's alot cheaper but doesn't answer their damn phone.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Second Club

Textralia is in and is GREAT! I just ran down to Auto Zone that nite and picked up an alignment tool for 6 bucks....no big deal.

Thanks to Textralia for the concern and to Young for the follow up on it. Great to do business with both of you and great to have a company like Textralia that has as good of service as the product they produce
Old 03-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Restricted User

GREAT customer service !!