Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is gonna sound crazy, but....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This is gonna sound crazy, but....

after I pickup the standalone i've been thinking about changing my second stage from a dry setup to another wet kit on a plate setup. Was just wondering what you guys think, 200 TNT and 100 from a plate wet kit instead of 100 dry (which would probably put down more power than the dry is, which would be nice) and gives me the opportunity to up that second stage too if I want, maybe one time i'll try 200 TNT and then another 200 from the plate and see what she runs. Would that be ok, or is that just way too much not using a direct port? I mean I don't see why it would be a big deal, but just figured i'd ask. All opinions are welcomed, thanks guys!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going Nitrous Direct LS1/LS6 plate kit for my 3rd stage. Watch for it, as it'll be out shortly and you can dual stage the plate also. Don't know which intake you run, but the dual stage plate kit for the 90mm is out allready. I think it's a good way to go, however, I would keep the dry stage.
Robert
Old 03-16-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Robert56
I am going Nitrous Direct LS1/LS6 plate kit for my 3rd stage. Watch for it, as it'll be out shortly and you can dual stage the plate also. Don't know which intake you run, but the dual stage plate kit for the 90mm is out allready. I think it's a good way to go, however, I would keep the dry stage.
Robert
Damn, I don't need that much nitrous, hehehehe! 200/200/100 would be one hell of a ****** ride!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would think you should keep the dry stage, if it is not making enough power jet it up. I do not know how the intake would take to flowing that much fuel from two kits.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

that would be nutz...do it do it
Old 03-18-2006, 06:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
after I pickup the standalone i've been thinking about changing my second stage from a dry setup to another wet kit on a plate setup. Was just wondering what you guys think, 200 TNT and 100 from a plate wet kit instead of 100 dry (which would probably put down more power than the dry is, which would be nice) and gives me the opportunity to up that second stage too if I want, maybe one time i'll try 200 TNT and then another 200 from the plate and see what she runs. Would that be ok, or is that just way too much not using a direct port? I mean I don't see why it would be a big deal, but just figured i'd ask. All opinions are welcomed, thanks guys!

Seems to me that fuel puddling would be a very big problem running that much fuel through the intake
Old 03-18-2006, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChevPower
Seems to me that fuel puddling would be a very big problem running that much fuel through the intake

See, that's actually the reason I asked, I always here about that you can't flow too much fuel through our intakes and ya gotta worry about puddling and backfires, but I kind of don't understand how that would happen when ur launching off a transbrake at almost 4000 rpm and the car flashes to over 5000 when the spray hits, cuz I thought puddling was only a worry at low rpms?
Old 03-18-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i know it's been done, but going to a 400 hit, you may want to consider a DP. Some thing to consider though, if you want to go through manifold, maybe a 100 dry then 150, 150 then at your rpms you'ed likely be fine. This way the injectors are taking some of the fuel out of the intake. If you get your a/f the same, and use x-nitrous and x-fuel, you'll make the same power wet or dry. Myself I am going dry, dry then wet as last stage, however, I plan on stopping about 300hp.
Robert