Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

31 March and/or 1 April...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 31 March and/or 1 April...

Our track for the island closes. Boy doesnt this suck. I have orders to move to Arizona, but not until August. So, this upcoming w/e, I will be giving it run for the 9's. Last time out, I clipped a 10.61 @ 127 on only one stage (140shot), 3.23 gears, and 26" ET Streets spinning decently. Then, I blew the posi and been peg-legging it around while waiting for the 9" to arrive. I just installed the 9" locker w/ 3.50 gears today, I have a to try and find a few odd n ends, like U Joint straps, hopefully get an LT1 Steel DS lengthened 1.5", and then add a slash of race gas, make sure all the jets are removed, and hit both stages off nitrous (~280shot) off the trans brake, and 28" slicks with skinnies mounted on Bogarts. So, in the end I think I have dropped a total of 100lbs since last run (CM K Member and A Arms, Bogarts (no more radial fronts either) but added the 9" over the 10bolt. I still cant adjust the front shocks, hindsight being 20/20, I wish I had sent them in for rebuild, oh well. I might stoop to the bottom and remove the passenger seat, and a few other interior pieces, but we'll see. This might be my last dry nitrous runs, so have a lot to think about. Too bad I couldnt have had the 90/90 (wanting to go Vic Jr + Accufab + Custom NX Bar/Plate/DP setup) by now.
Oh the anticipation is killing me. Hopefully will have video, if so it'll be posted.

Charlie
Old 03-27-2006, 02:07 AM
Staging Lane

Ill be there to watch! Pray it dont rain this weekend!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:06 AM
11 Second Club

Right on man it would be cool to see a wheelie
Old 03-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Restricted User

I know a certain 408ci 35thSSLE that will be gunning for some low ET's as well. Crazy Larry got his Tuning down pretty damn good, its only some sticky tires and a couple hundred shot of Nitrous away At least if he breaks his rear or trans we are proficient at replacing them now
Old 03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
I know a certain 408ci 35thSSLE that will be gunning for some low ET's as well. Crazy Larry got his Tuning down pretty damn good, its only some sticky tires and a couple hundred shot of Nitrous away At least if he breaks his rear or trans we are proficient at replacing them now

Cool is he gona try and make some runs before it closes? It would be cool to see that setup run. If i get my HP tuners in time could you help me make some tweks to to the tune? Take care
Old 03-27-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, I think you'll do it. Mna that's crapola that the trackis shutting down, why? keep us posted.
Robert
Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Restricted User

Track closing is a long debatable arguement. However, simple terms, the land was leased for the last couple decades, and has gone on nearly every w/e without any maintenance and septic has never been done to meet EPA. So, now the lease is once again up and the Gov doesnt want to let it extend or be used until cleaned up, and that in itself raises a whole new can of Local Whoop ***. Same manager wants the state to approve a new "World Class Facility" which would attract mainland racing etc...so guess where the priority goes!
I will be getting the lengthened LT1 Steel Shaft and then getting her ready for Friday and hopefully Saturday.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck. Hey look at the bright side. When you get to Arizona shipping will be alot cheaper for parts.lol
Dave