Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Bleed Problems....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Bleed Problems....

I tried to bleed my clutch yesterday, I took off the quick disconnect had my buddy pump my clutch then I opened the valve and let a little fluid go out then he said he couldnt press it down anymore so I opened the valve and told him to push the pedal in and it did and it squirted out so I closed the valve and no pressure and now my clutch wont come up so, my question is how do I get pressure biult back up. How do I get to my bleeder screw I cant reach up there and I tried with an 11mm wrench and a 7/16 I think, and I used a 1/4 wrench do I need a 1/4 breaker bar? thanks!
Old 04-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

Anyone?!?!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:13 AM
9 Second Club

You can open the bleeder with a socket. I've had success by opening the bleeder 1/4-1/2 turn & have a helper push the clutch to the floor. While holding on floor close the bleeder. Repeate many times, be sure to keep the resivoir full. I've had better success with a Mity-Vac. You can suck the air out thru the resivoir very easily.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Teching In

What size was the socket/did you use a breaker bar or a wratchet and did you use a swivel etc etc, thanks!
Old 04-09-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/483341-clutch-bleeding-tips.html

To bring pressure back up once you open the bleeder valve and then close it just pump the pedal. You may have to do it by hand to pull it off the floor until it builds pressure.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well if you think you have a lot of air in there then how I do it is use a socket with vise grips around the outside. But also you can use the mity vac hooked up to the res to pull air out the top. See sig if you're interested in trying it this way.

Mike
Old 04-10-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

buschman, great write up, that is definalty sticky material
Old 04-10-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you probaly now got air in the master if your clutch is not coming back up..

what you should have done.. is left the line connected.. then opened the bleeder valve.. pump, hold... let the fluid drain.. close the valve.. let up on the clutch... repeat 3-4 times.. you get a perfectly bled clutch.. and it is 7/16, use a 6 sided socket, its easier..

what you will have to do now is... take out the brass fitting from the trans... hold the black part down and have some one pump and hold.. once it stops squirting.. release the black part... then let up on the clutch... repeat till there is no air in the system.

lesson learned.. next time you pull your trans.. crack the bleeder open slightly and then re-install your trans..
Old 04-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
you probaly now got air in the master if your clutch is not coming back up..

what you should have done.. is left the line connected.. then opened the bleeder valve.. pump, hold... let the fluid drain.. close the valve.. let up on the clutch... repeat 3-4 times.. you get a perfectly bled clutch.. and it is 7/16, use a 6 sided socket, its easier..

what you will have to do now is... take out the brass fitting from the trans... hold the black part down and have some one pump and hold.. once it stops squirting.. release the black part... then let up on the clutch... repeat till there is no air in the system.

lesson learned.. next time you pull your trans.. crack the bleeder open slightly and then re-install your trans..
So I have to drop my tranny?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no no... just pull the brass connection from the master to the trans.. its a quick disconnect fitting.. once you have that out.. look at the end.. its black with a hole.. push down on the black disk, dont cover the hole.. clutch fluid will then start to come out... let it keep coming out, have a friend keep filling the resevoir...