LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8
View Poll Results: What to do?
Put a permanent bracket on and plate so I dont get another ticket
27.66%
No, God don't do it. Accept the tickets!
19.15%
Put a plate on for a picture to take to the courthouse then take it off when you get home.
53.19%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Ticket for no license plate, now what!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket for no license plate, now what!

I got pulled over a little while ago and he gave me a moving violation for some minor tire squeaking, gay , and then another ticket for not having a front license plate, gay again.

Not sure what to do. I hate the idea of drilling my bumper to put an ugly *** bracket thing on the front of my car but do I have a choice.

I have the option of taking a picture of the car with a bracket and the plate on the front to the courthouse and they will drop that ticket which might be what i do, but what would all of you do in this type of situation?

Thanks for any input.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:26 AM
Launching!

i would just tape it on from underneath snap some pics and be done with it. thats what i would do
Old 05-03-2006, 02:32 AM
TECH Resident

yea thats really gay, i got pulled over once for speeding and the cop trying giving me crap about havingt no license plate. I told the cop straight up he can write me a ticket for it but i'm still not putting one on.

He just wrote me a ticket for speeding and didnt say anything about it after that LOL.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:21 AM
Launching!

I would have to say put on a permanent bracket and not get hassled by the police anymore. There's always going to be some rookie cop trying to impress his Sgt. by writing a lot tickets (as BS as that might sound, you broke city ordinances/state law so it would be BS for you to BS about no front plate). Plus, if the cop wants to go further (ie, no seatbelt, loud exhaust, tint, under-carriage lights, etc) pulling you over for no front plate is reason enough to do so. Although the cop can pull you over for the above mentioned items without the front plate, they usually (from experience) don't hassle with just a seatbelt, exhaust, or tint.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:12 AM
TECH Resident

mostly just depends on your luck, i've ran 6 years with out a front plate and have only been asked about it once.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:37 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

If the state you're registered in requires front plates, you should install it. Here in NYC, I'd get a ticket every day if I had no front plate.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't run a front plate on any of my F-bods or Corvettes in over 20 years. Got two "equipment violation" tickets in that time. It's the price of freedom....
Old 05-03-2006, 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

Well I put my on over here... theres pretty much only one reason though, TAs are very very rare here, and theres a guy who has the same color TA as my (we are probally only two of this color in the country), but his is a 94, export model (so Firebird bumper and hatch) and different wheels... but he still lives in the same area as me and has gotten warnings for not having his plate on, and even though I highly doubt it would happen I could still see a cop confusing the two of us.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

Put the bracket on there and be done with it.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

What's really gay is breaking the law, knowing fully that you are breaking the law and then coming on here and complaining about it.

If you don't want to drill into your bumper for a license plate. Accept the consequences. I ran for 5 years in Illinois with no front plate. I only got a couple written warnings out of it though. I sure wouldn't have complained if I did get a ticket though.

You break the law, you pay the price. Even if you think it's gay .
Old 05-03-2006, 08:10 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I only put it on for inspection and that's it. Even in Virginia I wore no plate and they're **** to say the least. The only other thing to do is make a L bracket and drill 2 holes underneathe the bumper and mount it that way so you don't have visible holes in plain view.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Put it on the dashboard, its like the law says here in texas that the liscence plate has to be visible from the front of the car, thats all not that it has to be on the front bumper.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Ive also seen people fab up brackets that connect to the bottom of the bumper instead of drilling to the front.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

wow that sucks i got pulled over by a state trooper(texas) for a 113 in a 65 and he didnt say anything about havin no front license plate or illegal window tint or no cats, but he did give me the speeding ticket and complemented me on my car at the same time...wut a nice guy
Old 05-03-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by J_BAT
wow that sucks i got pulled over by a state trooper(texas) for a 113 in a 65 and he didnt say anything about havin no front license plate or illegal window tint or no cats, but he did give me the speeding ticket and complemented me on my car at the same time...wut a nice guy
I don't care how much a cop would compliment the car. Just the fact that he pulled you over is insulting enough.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

there is a saying in law enforcement '' if you write them a ticket you are a son of a bitch and if you dont write them a ticket your a dumb son of a bitch'' this is a referance to people who break the law and then complain about their warning. Its your choice to put the tag on and i agree it sucks but you know the outcome of not doing it so you just have to choose and accept the responsibility and penalty. just my .02
Old 05-03-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by J_BAT
Odd. I thought anything above 99 was wreckless edangerment.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey SVT,
If you noticed, Im not really complaining all that much, I am asking what people on this board think I should do.

My car is from Florida where they didn't need that. And I am at college 9 months of the year leaving my car at home in the driveway so I was hoping i could get by for that time.

I am sure that you have done some illegal things before and were unhappy afterwords. I wish i was there afterwards saying to you that you deserved it because what you were doing was wrong. I didn't ask you what you thought about me getting the ticket. I asked WHAT WOULD YOU DO, that is it. Please keep comments like that out of this thread, please.

Otherwise, thanks for the info everyone. The poll is pretty even but I think in the end I will be putting the bracket on.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:33 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive had my bracket on the car since i bought it. IMO its better to have it on then get pulled over for it. Since Having Open LTs is gona get me noticed anyway, I dont need an LP doing the same.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

tape dat siht on there and then take a pic then take it to the courthouse and get it dropped... hells yeah!!!

Quick Reply: Ticket for no license plate, now what!