Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I trust this exhaust guy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can I trust this exhaust guy?

I have a QTP cutout that needs welded in. He kept saying "well we can try", I know its stainless steel and everything, but I want it right. I have seen his welds and they look real good. He wants to do it next week. Trust him, or go somewhere else? Whats some of your opinions.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:47 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's saying that because he's skurred. If he has any kind of experience, he should be fine.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple job for an exhaust shop---GO SOMEWHERE ELSE..he sounds as though he thinks he is going to ruin it.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Take it somewhere else, I hate when I hear that we can try ****. He says that so when he totally ***** it up and you try to get him to fix it hell say "I didnt make any guarentes"
Old 08-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

You sure this is an exhaust shop?

2 cuts, 2 welds, done. Not a hard task...
Old 08-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

if u've seen his welds and they look nice go with him...he's saying the "we can try" just to protect himself if anything happened to go wrong. wouldn't scare me off just sounds like a smart business man
Old 08-10-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by monkeysl
if u've seen his welds and they look nice go with him...he's saying the "we can try" just to protect himself if anything happened to go wrong. wouldn't scare me off just sounds like a smart business man
But its a freaking exhuast cutout. If you know what your doing theres no need to protect yourself because its so damn simple. Smart business man? If he said that to me when I asked about putting a cutout in I would take my business elsewhere in a hurry, him saying that to customers for things as simple as this is probably doing him more harm to his business than good.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

ANY competant welder can do it..PERIOD..
Old 08-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by farnoush
But its a freaking exhuast cutout. If you know what your doing theres no need to protect yourself because its so damn simple. Smart business man? If he said that to me when I asked about putting a cutout in I would take my business elsewhere in a hurry, him saying that to customers for things as simple as this is probably doing him more harm to his business than good.
put up with customers daily and see how u start to word things. i doubt him saying that had anything to do with his welding ability.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

put up with customers daily and see how u start to word things. i doubt him saying that had anything to do with his welding ability.
Yup, thats what i'm thinking.

Alot of those places don't like touching aftermarket things. I knew a body shop near by that won't do kit installs because people would buy crap kits and after it fell apart it was the shops fault going to court etc, just became too much a hassle.

If he can weld then you'll be fine, I bet hes just covering his butt incause your QTP part sucks *he probbly doesn't know about the company etc*
Old 08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He meant to say that because it might not be worth his time for the labor he will have to put into just racking the car and moving equipment around.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it being stainless steel should matter in this situation? Thats the whole problem, the dealership I work at is in this dinky side town, and he's probably never seen the **** in his life.