Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake options with Vic Jr???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intake options with Vic Jr???

My motor is going to have a VIC Jr. Intake on it as well as a Intakeelbows.com elbow. The car is going to be speed density tuned, so i dont nee the MAF. I was Planning on using a 4" elbow off the 90mm TB, to a 4" tube that ran down to the nose of the car to use a Y fitting and 2 Cone Filters... Anyone else have a custom intake set up i could see some pics of?

hell i might just bolt a cone filter to the TB and call it good...
Old 08-26-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

have you ran the car with the vic jr. intake i am thinking of getting it for my truck
Old 08-27-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been contemplating this manifold also, any info would be great!
Old 08-27-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
I've been contemplating this manifold also, any info would be great!

OOOh OOOh Me too
Old 08-27-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have that setup right now awaiting my turbo install. Please excuse how ugly the engine bay looks right now as it is still under construction for the turbo. Here's a few pics of it with just a conical filter and then a few after i put on some of my charge piping.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bird-of-Prey, have you ran that intake on an N/A set-up? If so, how would you compare it to an LS6 style? Pros/cons?

Also, where did you get that elbow piece?
Old 08-27-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got the elbow from Aaron at intakeelbows.com. Very nice piece. Some of the best welds I've seen in a long time. I run it right now on a N/A setup. Turbo is not on yet. I've never had an LS6, only a LS1 and a BBK. The BBK with the 80mm TB was a big improvement over the stock setup even with a ported TB. With the BBK I could smoke the tires by just rolling the throttle to the floor in 1st. Can't do it with this setup although I'm having big problems with the FAST 90 TB. They do suck as people say. I can either have a decent idle but only 3/4 throttle or 100% throttle but a 2000 rpm+ idle plus it sticks like crazy. I've tried return springs, JB welding the TB shaft to the throttle cam, Nothing works. So I can't make a direct comparison. I can say the mid range and top end are fantastic and this is at 3/4 throttle. Daily driving you can't tell a difference. I still walked an 03 GT the other day with no problem.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the pics, im thinking im going to take the easy way out for now and just run a 85mm lid until i figure something else out. I dont want to still be trying to fab up a custom air intake when its time to fire the new motor..