Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A kill and sweet satisfaction.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A kill and sweet satisfaction.

Just got my header install done. Basically running open headers (bullets clamped to the collector to help avoid damage to o2 sensor).

SO i take tha car out for a cruise... sounds nasty.... just nasty...
I stop at a gas station to get some gas and i see an LT1 camaro go by so i try to hurry up and catch him... then a mid-90's cobra (green or turqoise) come rolling through the gas station i think to turn around and go after that camaro i saw.

I start the beast up and smile with that thump-thump-thump ringing my eardrums. I take off after this cobra... he doesnt let me get up to him and he punches it when im 3-4 cars back so i oblige and play catch up and open her up for the first time with the headers screaming until 4 grand then i felt the new pull walked by him midway through second gear and blew continued putting lengths on him till i shut down a little into fourth.

I dont like to take my eyes off the road when im doing something that illegal but i had to look over, and his expression was priceless ( i passed him at about 5-6 grand ).

I had a passenger, he had a passenger, he had some sort of exhaust.

I tried to find that camaro but he was nowhere to be found. But later that night i scared some punk in an eclipse, he was parked next to me and i had my car off talking on my phone making plans.. he got in his car and started revving his engine at me.. obnoxious exhaust and all, i started her up and screamed it up to about 4 grand
Old 09-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Good kill. You scaring people with your noise reminds me of the time I floored it to overtake some guy, and my friend who was with me said this guy almost jumped out of his seat with fright when he heard my engine and exhaust, and all I have is a muffler so yours must sound awesome.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good kill!
Old 09-17-2006, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice Kill
Old 09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Good Kill! I bet it sounded real mean at about 5500rpm when you were going by him.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice kill... My 16 year old son was in the garage when I started and revved the T/A to about 3g's. He nearly jumped out of his skin. He yelled "DAD! That scared me!"

I said "It's meant to scare."
Old 09-17-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

good kill bro. I love drowning out the imports with fart cans. The best part is when you set off car alarms. My cut out used to do that all the time. I dropped into second at 45 or so once and by the time i slowed (quieted) down, i heard about 4 different car alarms going off in shopping centers around me.... These cars rock.

Keep'em running Scared bro!
Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a stang I know from that area.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Launching!

^+1 on the car alarms.

I hate obnoxious alarms that go off all the time, and people feel like such sissys when their car basicly starts crying due to an exsaust. Its like a natural means of eliminating bling.