LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Anyone else happen to get a BAD Futral cam!?? NEW CAMS SENT A LONG TIME AGO

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 04:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Anyone else happen to get a BAD Futral cam!?? NEW CAMS SENT A LONG TIME AGO

After weeks & weeks of stress & anger Because of my car not starting and nobody being able to figure out why the hell not, I find out that FutralMotorSports sent out a batch of bad cams, again.

They say somehow a bunch of there cam's were cut 180 Degree off.... What does that mean? It means, wacked timing, cars not starting and waisted money and time on tow's & mechanics THAT could not help.

They told me to swap around two of the wires on the Cam sensor and that will correct the cam....

Btw, this is NOT a post ment to bash on FutralMotorSports, they actually are takeing full resposibility on this problem & are working with me to correct it.
Plus, i needed to VENT

I just want to know if anybody else on here had the GREAT luck as i did and got one of these & did swaping the wires work out for ya....
Old 10-11-2006, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

That sux, I'm planning on getting a "custom grind" cam soon...I think I'll avoid Futral's vendor...do you know who grinds them for Futral?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TWISTEDTA
After weeks & weeks of stress & anger Because of my car not starting and nobody being able to figure out why the hell not, I find out that FutralMotorSports sent out a batch of bad cams, again.

They say somehow a bunch of there cam's were cut 180 Degree off.... What does that mean? It means, wacked timing, cars not starting and waisted money and time on tow's & mechanics THAT could not help.

They told me to swap around two of the wires on the Cam sensor and that will correct the cam....

Btw, this is NOT a post ment to bash on FutralMotorSports, they actually are takeing full resposibility on this problem & are working with me to correct it.
Plus, i needed to VENT

I just want to know if anybody else on here had the GREAT luck as i did and got one of these & did swaping the wires work out for ya....

well thank god i wasnt the only one that god one of these.. trust me im still freakin mad its only been a week since i got my car started and i was working on it for more then a month trying to figure it out.. i did the same thing as you spending money here and there and **** it sucks that they never said anything about it, it would of helped out on all the frustration, i was about to tare apart the motor again
Old 10-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pewter 01 SS
well thank god i wasnt the only one that god one of these.. trust me im still freakin mad its only been a week since i got my car started and i was working on it for more then a month trying to figure it out.. i did the same thing as you spending money here and there and **** it sucks that they never said anything about it, it would of helped out on all the frustration, i was about to tare apart the motor again
Yea bro, i was about to go crazy, my thoughts were: Pull motor out, sell it, dump a stock one back in, sell the car or set it on fire

My set up is soooo damn clean too, it pisses me off i have to get it all dirty and go through more gaskets & time ect...

So what was your outcome? Did you fix it, change cam or?
Old 10-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned

is this for all of their cams? f10-f15? or just a certain cam? i would imagine all of them, since they are all from the same grind company.

note taken.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea bro, i was about to go crazy, my thoughts were: Pull motor out, sell it, dump a stock one back in, sell the car or set it on fire

My set up is soooo damn clean too, it pisses me off i have to get it all dirty and go through more gaskets & time ect...

So what was your outcome? Did you fix it, change cam or?

well the outcome was that i 1st tried what was suggested to me from someone which was to swich the wires , it worked and then i talked to futral and told them about it, but now im out money because of it and in my opinion futral should help out since their cams were bad.. anyways their sending me a new one and i was suppose to hear back from john today with my trackin number and the money issue but got no call back .. hopefully i talk to him tomorrow and he has an answere
Old 10-11-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

by the way what do you mean you got your set up dirty, gaskets??
Old 10-11-2006, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Are they paying for the cost to swap the cam back out? Please let me know.

Because I had the same problem. Cost me lots of extra time and $$$$. They paid for half of the cost to swap the cam out agian, but boy it wasn't easy getting them to do that. And I had to pay for shop time due to the car being there days longer then it should have. If you ask me they should have paid for the whole second cam swap being that it wasn't my fault at all, and I never recieved a call that the cam was bad. Even though I had it a month before it was installed. (By the way, swapping the cam sensor wire is a no-no according a a friend who is a GM tech here, it causes a voltage issue.)

I just got up and running. I am happy with the cam, and a tune is coming up next. I'm just annoyed that it cost me like $350+, and much extra time to get it corrected due to the misgrind. I must say John was very helpful throughout, but I'd be happier if the other half of the second cam swap was paid for. Everyone I speak to thinks it should have been. At this point, I'm just glad to be up and running....after over a month.

This is not meant to bash them at all, like I said John was great about it. But he's not the owner, and I feel I'm in the hole over $350 (plus time and fustration) for something totally not my doing. That's all.

Last edited by BluCamSS; 10-11-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

who grinds their cams for them??

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cammotion Grinds for them, They had a problem wit the F13 a while back that was eating lifters, which some people argue wasn't the cams fault, and a few guys even received there cams brand new with burrs all over the lobes.

What model cam was this with? I just ordered an F14 like a week ago, now im gettin kind of scared they still dont have all the kinks worked out with their cams

I really think Cammotion needs to get their it strait, Futral has a lot of good cam grinds but at this point their are going to be a lot of people out their afraid to buy them

As for reembursing the extra money people spent, I think you guys should get ahold of cammotion, after all they grind the cams , which leaves them responsible for all the problems with them, but with all their recent problems they would probly go out of buisiness fixing all the **** cams theyve sent out.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This probably won't be a popular response, but why not take them (Futral) to small claims court?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Launching!

Arrow Well...

The gasket/dirty thing is me just being a baby . The Engine bay is spotless. Now i have to rip it apart and get it dirty.

Yes this is the second time they do something of this sort... The first time was when they released a bunch of cams with defective metal and starting blowing up motors all over the states. They addressed the problem and got it fixed.

I do agree with the guy that says they should be 100% responsible for the new cam swap. I didnt think half a payment cuts it. I think if they want to clean up there reputation as a credible high performance company they really need to jump on this ASAP.

John is the sales man i dealt with from the get go, hes the one i ordered the parts from and the same guy I'm working this problem out with. He has been nothing but helpful and is doing his best. He is a little hard to get ahold of but try to imagine how busy the guy must be...

No I am not taking it as far as small claims court, no-re do i intend to at this point. I'm sure this problem will be resolved promptly and professionally with out it having to get that far.

P.s It was a F11 but i don't think it matters what specs it was since the same machine/people grind all the cams the same way.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:32 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=TWISTEDTA]
They say somehow a bunch of there cam's were cut 180 Degree off....QUOTE]

Do you mean that the timing dot is 180* off? Any word from Futral on what dates these cams were sold?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chriswtx
who grinds their cams for them??
cam motion
Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you mean that the timing dot is 180* off? Any word from Futral on what dates these cams were sold?

nop i dont think they have a date, but they know how many went out with that problem, i think he said it was only one batch of cams that came from cam motion a total of 7 cams that are messed up like that

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BluCamSS
Are they paying for the cost to swap the cam back out? Please let me know.

i havent heard back from john yet he was suppose to call me yesterday but i hope they pay the full amount of the labor im being charged.. the money issue is one thing but what gets me most is all that time that i spend trying to find out what the problem was and the frustration of not knowing wtf was wrong.. i just hope futral comes through with this issue.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=pewter 01 SS]
Originally Posted by hotrodrx7

nop i dont think they have a date, but they know how many went out with that problem, i think he said it was only one batch of cams that came from cam motion a total of 7 cams that are messed up like that
Who told you 7? He told me 12 or 13 Cams

hum... not good.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pewter 01 SS
the money issue is one thing but what gets me most is all that time that i spend trying to find out what the problem was and the frustration of not knowing wtf was wrong.. i just hope futral comes through with this issue.
Tell me about it, my whole summer & racing season is gone.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tell me about it, my whole summer & racing season is gone. To top it off, it was my last summer being single. Its fucked up

i know what you mean this hole thing sucked they get you great specs for a cam but it sux that some came out like that.. well i cant remember exactly how many cams went out bad but it was a few.. cant do nothing about the racing part but you can work around the single thing lol..
Old 10-12-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Checkmate
cam motion

Thats good..Worried for a minute. Ordered a custom ground cam from compcams yesterday

Quick Reply: Anyone else happen to get a BAD Futral cam!?? NEW CAMS SENT A LONG TIME AGO