Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 in a Jeep!! pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 in a Jeep!! pics inside

ok so its not in a jeep yet but it will be within the coming months.heres a few pics of what i have so far. i gotta get my transfer case ordered soi can bolt it up so i can get the motor/trans/xfer case in and get motor mount made. sorry for the crappy phone pics.

anywho heres the motor, it has since recieved a water pump.

here is my trans (nv4500) and axles.

here is the recipient of the transplant. 99 jeep wrangler.

it's gonna be a month or two before i can put the motor in the jeep. i will be sending the harness out this week to be reworked by speartech. other plans include lenghtening wheelbase by about 20 inches, all new suspension and a little body work. hopefully i will have it up and running by february. give me some feedback, tell me what you think.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Teching In

I'm currently putting a 2005 5.3 into my 1986 CJ-7. I am also using an nv4500. I am going to post some pictures one of these days. Anyways, good luck and it should be pretty awesomw when you are finished.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

got my stak box on finally. got it all bolted up and the motor mounts fabbed up. the build is finally underway 100%. check back for updates often.

pics.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice!
What does the center lever of the t-case do?
I see the shift pattern, Is that an L for low? Are 3 and 5 different gear ratios?

Nice motor mounts using the factory f-body brackets.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im confused, on one pic its a wrangler- with the coils in the front. but then in that picture you have with the engine on the frame, you dont have the coil housing, which is welded to the frame on mine.

?????

im about to go outside right now and set my ls1 on my frame and take some pictures.. but im unable to permanently mount it because THE DAMN ADAPTER COMPANY HASNT SENT ME MY np231 to 4L60E ADAPTER!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm...Im liking all these jeep swaps!

Hey TXjeepTJ...not to hijack the other guys great thread....but can you PM me where you got that adapter? I couldnt find a 4l60e to NP231 adapter...which would really help me out if I decide to plop an LS into my XJ... THanks!

Bashinjeep...Looks good! Man thats a serious T-case. Good luck with your build. Looks like you got a good handle on things so far. Keep us posted!!!

Justin
Old 04-02-2007, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

on that t-case the left lever controls the front axle, either high, low or neutral. the same goes for the far right lever, only that is for the rear axle. the center shifter is what selects which low range you switch into. you have two options here, 3.0:1 and 5.44:1.

and TXJeepTJ, thank you. i will take that as a compliment.hehe. i have already cut all the brackets off of the frame and smoothed it all out and painted it with a black primer. i will be running coilovers so no need for the factory coil buckets.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

BTW if anybody sees something that could be done better, please let me know about it. it would be alot easier to change somethin now than when its finished. also, for what its worth, keep in mind that i am only 20, so i still have alot to learn and i am always open to new suggestions.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome i just put my engine in today just to see what problems i might have, did you have to cut the frame for a/c compressor? im going to have to (note in the pictures the ac isnt there)

Old 04-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Hmmmmmmmmm..............I'm putting a 5.3/4L60E into my '80 CJ...........seems to be a good idea............ I finally removed old motor etc............now I'm working on cleaning everything up, while I wait on adapters.

Pick
Old 04-03-2007, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

no i'm not gonna run an a/c compressor. i will be mounting a york style compressor on it so i can have onboard air though. i just havent decided where i want to put it.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JeepinBash
no i'm not gonna run an a/c compressor. i will be mounting a york style compressor on it so i can have onboard air though. i just havent decided where i want to put it.

you must not live in texas lol

i could actually go without ac, but my dad (for whenever he drives it) wants it on there. there are a few times in the summer when i use a/c, maybe about twice soo its sucks that i have to go through all the frame cutting just so my dad will have ac when takes it out the 4 times a year he does

Quick Reply: LS1 in a Jeep!! pics inside