LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

"Another Texas Speed":NON ISSUE, PLEASE MOVE ALONG

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NON LS1tech issue with Sponsor

I went to Texas Speed about 4 months ago for a dyno tune, after the 8 hour dyno tune because had to split time between me and the CNC machine was messing up in the back, which I thought was just a one time occasion until I got back home and started talking to the local guys.

>I talked to Jason about some heads, I wanted the PRC LS6 CNC heads, he said he didn't have any, but he did have some of those heads that the CNC machine ate up that he said he would epoxy and sale to me for $700 w/springs and everything.

>I agreed and he said to give him a call in a couple weeks and they would be ready. And after many failed phone call attempts I sent an email.

>Dates email sent and responded. Type of heads and price agreed to only

I thought the "killer deal" was part of the customer service for screwing me on the set I was already promised, but the 5.3L stg 2.5 w/springs are advertised for 1199.00 on the website. So no deal there

Anyways I found the heads that he couldn't seem to find and I found them on ebay.
Here is another thread, I feel the exact same as this guy.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/609885-texas-speed.html

List dates ordered and paid for please.

>I ordered and payed for a set of heads before my dyno, money later returned.
>problem with another set of heads listed above, I ordered a lid and thermo from them didn't receive so I called amazingly it rang rather than a busy signal, they said they didn't ship the order because they lost there manufacturer for lids, they asked if I still wanted the thermo then finally shipped it.
>Also ordered my $600+ cam package from them didn't receive it for a couple weeks so I called, the shipping guy said it was overlooked and that he would ship it out today, which he did.
>But every order I have placed I got a run around. In my second post I will list the ebay auction were the heads I was promised were auctioned off.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-21-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Edited: Ebay has its own feedback section. Please use that.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-19-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow I'm totally confused by this one!?!? Can you please reforward to me any emails I sent you where I agreed to sell you epoxied heads & then told you I couldn't find any!?!? That seems very strange that I wouldn't sell some to you when I've been selling them to everyone else doesn't it?? WTF??

I also am pretty sure NOBODY EVER HAD A 8 HOUR DYNO! I have probably 6 sets of epoxy heads right now so your statement about me not having a set just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm also entertained that your friends had knowledge about the cnc machine breaking down. Last time I checked the machine had broken down about 3 times in 2 years!!

I just don't get this post at all... maybe I'm just crazy..
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 11-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Teching In

LOL, very professional reply, I'm working on posting the email's right now
Old 11-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Start reading our emails from bottom to top, you said, "I do not know what happened to those heads"

Edit cut: Email re-sent and received by Sponsor.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-20-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by admin
Dates email sent and responded. Type of heads and price agreed to only
Sorry wasn't very clear about this, there was no email the first time we spoke about these heads, we were standing at the counter at TSP while he was showing me the heads, the emails started after many failed phone call attempts. The heads we were talking about is the CNC PRC LS6 heads (the one's he showed me). We agreed on $700, that is the price he quoted me 8/14/2006 while I was standing there.
Originally Posted by admin
List dates ordered and paid for please.
I will not list dates odered and paid for because I do not have any problems with these items, I have either been refunded or I have received these items. If your wanting receipts because your questioning my authenticity I will scan them tomorrow, very time consuming, let me know.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Wow I'm totally confused by this one!?!? Can you please reforward to me any emails I sent you where I agreed to sell you epoxied heads & then told you I couldn't find any!?!? That seems very strange that I wouldn't sell some to you when I've been selling them to everyone else doesn't it?? WTF??

I also am pretty sure NOBODY EVER HAD A 8 HOUR DYNO! I have probably 6 sets of epoxy heads right now so your statement about me not having a set just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm also entertained that your friends had knowledge about the cnc machine breaking down. Last time I checked the machine had broken down about 3 times in 2 years!!

I just don't get this post at all... maybe I'm just crazy..
I do not want to argue about this, I have given all the information about this situation I have. I didn't just fabricate a story, I would have nothing to gain from that. Anyways if you have 6 sets sitting there right now you shouldn't have a problem selling me a set then? That is all I have wanted for several months now is just a set of those heads.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Are you saying you wanted to order a set of heads at a particular price but never actually ordered them because TSP didn't get back to you on it?

It makes no sense to be posted here if that is the case.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I just don't remember any of this?!!? I don't have the pushrods epoxy heads here anymore, but honestly several sets of heads walked off so I can't get you that set. What I don't understand is instead of bashing me over it, why didn't you just call us? Why didn't you just pick up the phone & say, hey guys I want a set of the epoxy heads your selling in the for sale section? I've had the guys posting them in the for sale section so obviously you can tell they are available. Did you think I had something against your money & had rather sell to someone else? Does that really make any sense at all? Why not just call us on them? That's the exact thing everyone else who ordered a set did & it worked perfectly fine for them!?!?

I'm very sorry that I didn't remember your name 4 months later & call you the very second I finished epoxy work on additional sets, but honestly I sometimes have a hard time remembering last week!

I have plenty sets of epoxied heads in stock & ready to ship. All you had to do the entire time is call me & we could have discussed options.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 11-20-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PIMP_2
We agreed on $700, that is the price he quoted me 8/14/2006 while I was standing there.
It sounds like you tried to contact Brian by phone to order them *after* getting a quote from the counter.
There was no acknowledgment of you wanting to order.
Three months later, you still want the heads you discussed and post here to find out if they can be purchased.

Considering August is peak season for shops, if you don't have your credit card in hand or email it for a specific part it is going to be sold, plain and simple. No shop is going to hang onto a part for that long waiting to see the money - and I saw no mention of that in the email exchanges.
TSP has heads for the current price available, place an order with your credit card and Brian will ship them out.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Default "Another Texas Speed":NON ISSUE, PLEASE MOVE ALONG

Can you please delete both this post and "Another Texas Speed", I wasn't trying to bash TSP nor Jason. My baseline story is: We talked about a set of epoxy heads, he said I could have at a price we agreed upon. I tried calling with no luck on phone calls, only called twice, but after two times calling with no return I gave up. I waited a month or so and tried the email asking about the epoxy heads he said he couldn't find them. Apparently we were talking about different sets of heads. So I guess it was a miss understanding on my part.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-21-2006 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Veteran

You could use pm but there seems to be an issue with you understanding once you bring up as much as you did, it isn't going away.

Texas Speed has a set of heads for you if you want them. All you need to do is call and actually order them with payment method this time.