Sponsored by:

First Modifications for the future

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile First Modifications for the future

Hi everybody

Next year i would slowly beginn with first mods.

Here the parts that i would have: SLP-Flowpackage,LS6-Intake,Magnaflow-Catback,Transmissioncooler and Hypertech-Programmer,SS or WS6-Wheels

What do you think about this first mods?

What is your opinion how much Power i will get with this parts?

Later i will make the handling and brakes

I m not sure to get all this parts next year,but so is my plan for the first
Old 11-30-2006, 12:14 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Don't waste a lot of money on the hypertech programmer. Yes, I know I have one too for my stock car but I got it for next to nothing and all I wanted to do was change fan settings and shift points so it made sense for me. But their power tuning is useless and for the price they charge for a brand new HPP, your money would be much better spent on getting a custom tune.

Either way, I'd scrap that whole list you've got there and make my first mod a Procharger @5psi. J/K!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

I can get a Hypertech from a buddy for a low budget so its enoughe for me in the first

Procharger for the first? wow
Old 11-30-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen too many complaints about the SLP headers. You should look elsewhere for them. I have QTPs and love them.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Ok, ls6 intake and magnaflow are fine. SLP sucks and is way overpriced for the most part. Just start with your basic bolt ons. Get a lid and headers along with that and it will be a good start. Get rid of your egr and emissions crap. At some point get a ported throttle body (or do it yourself) and an underdrive pulley. Throw on some subframe connectors and lower control arms and have fun.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Subframe connectors should be your first mod on any f-body. I hate seeing a clean f-body only to gag when I see those autrocious door gaps.

They really stiffen up the car and stop alot of squeaks and leaks if you have t-tops.

Luke
Old 11-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Ok if noticed that all Thanks for the first!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

dont waste your money on slp

edit:you could buy a lid from them, but thats about it.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

LS6 Intake, headers, or just a converter. since you drive an A4, a converter is perfect. you wont gain HP, but you will get a better ET. my car is next to stock. all i have done to mine is slp lid, pacesetters, full exhaust, cutout, !cats, !egr, !air, stage 2 tranny, with no tune. it kinda runs like crap cuz it hasnt been tuned . but it sounds badazz. hopefully i can get some extra money in the next few weeks so i can get it tuned.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
dont waste your money on slp

edit:you could buy a lid from them, but thats about it.
landstuhltaylorand fellow LS1Tech users,

My name is Hank Daniecki and I am the new Director of Engineering at SLP Performance Parts. I am intimately familiar with ALL SLP parts as I have worked for SLP as an engineer for the last 6 years. SLP's engineering department will be taking a much more active role on LS1Tech and many other boards on the web to help clear up any issues or problems that anyone might have with any and all SLP products. There are many rumors and false claims being made that we want to clear up as soon as they are spotted on LS1 tech. The SLP Engineering Department loves input from customers and the challenge to make our customers as happy as humanly possible. We take our jobs very seriously. We do not like to see members bash our products that we spend long days and nights designing without solid ground to stand on. The SLP Engineering Department and I welcome with open arms constructive criticism and factual replies. I will make sure all questions are answered with great detail. Any and all on the board, please do not hesitate to email me with any issues or problems you might have. Please include in your email a phone number so that we can communicate by phone if needed. I look forward to getting SLP a better reputation on this board. Our products are top notch and we take the greatest pride in the work that we do. Please take the time to check out our website and our new 100pg catalog; I am sure you will agree our products are top notch. Also, we have re-opened the SLP Installation and Dyno Center. Please find the link below.

http://www.slponline.com/20061006_install_dyno.asp

Thank You.

Hank
www.SLPonline.com
Old 12-06-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLPPower

My name is Hank Daniecki and I am the new Director of Engineering at SLP Performance Parts. I am intimately familiar with ALL SLP parts as I have worked for SLP as an engineer for the last 6 years. SLP's engineering department will be taking a much more active role on LS1Tech and many other boards on the web to help clear up any issues or problems that anyone might have with any and all SLP products. There are many rumors and false claims being made that we want to clear up as soon as they are spotted on LS1 tech. The SLP Engineering Department loves input from customers and the challenge to make our customers as happy as humanly possible. We take our jobs very seriously. We do not like to see members bash our products that we spend long days and nights designing without solid ground to stand on. The SLP Engineering Department and I welcome with open arms constructive criticism and factual replies. I will make sure all questions are answered with great detail. Any and all on the board, please do not hesitate to email me with any issues or problems you might have. Please include in your email a phone number so that we can communicate by phone if needed. I look forward to getting SLP a better reputation on this board. Our products are top notch and we take the greatest pride in the work that we do. Please take the time to check out our website and our new 100pg catalog; I am sure you will agree our products are top notch. Also, we have re-opened the SLP Installation and Dyno Center. Please find the link below.

Thank You.

Hank
www.SLPonline.com

Awesome to see a sponsor in here looking to make an impact with customers. If this is the new attitude with SLP I'm going to be dealing with them in the near future.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hank,
I'm glad to see SLP getting involved with the message boards. I know that you guys take a lot of criticism on here, but some it has merit. I will say that the SLP airlid (it's my third different brand) is a quality piece, but that's all I have to go on... Good luck!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
Hank,
I'm glad to see SLP getting involved with the message boards. I know that you guys take a lot of criticism on here, but some it has merit. I will say that the SLP airlid (it's my third different brand) is a quality piece, but that's all I have to go on... Good luck!
Thank you Benjamin Russick,

I will look for the merit, and if I do not find it I want to know about it. We have the tools and the ability to make the changes to products if necessary. Please use me and my department to your advantage. Obviously I can not search back years of posts on this site, so if I miss something please let me know.

Also, Myself and our IT department have been working very hard on a "New Products Coming Soon" page that will be up in the next couple of weeks. It will contain detailed photos and videos of all our new products that will be out in the next few months. This page will also show release dates of the products so you our customers can plan accordingly. I will hopefully post the link to this new page before X-Mas.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont waste the money on the programer... save your money and get it dyno tuned
Old 12-06-2006, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Performance Mods in order
1. free mods, oil change, tranny cooler
2. lid/filter
3. port your own throttle body
4. catback and/ or cut out
5. subframe connectors
6. Stall converter
7. Drag radials
8. LT headers ORY
9. Dyno tune/ LS6 intake
10. Other suspension components
11. Heads and Cam/ tune
12. spray/ retune
Old 12-06-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

i bet ya'll didn't see that one coming.

Thank You.

Hank
www.SLPonline.com

Last edited by The Professor; 12-06-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't expect that for sure
Any way, to the OP
lid, any will do tho I do like my SLP
cat back your choice of what sound level you want
headers pacesetter for the lower budget, kooks for the higher budget
SFCs I have the UMI 3 point work fine
Stall and trans cooler
Dyno tune
Then the only limit is your wallet and your imagination
Old 12-06-2006, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

I wonder how easy it is to find a 12 bolt or 9 inch rear in Germany...
Old 12-06-2006, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Hey all, I'll looking for a 2000-2002 SS manual, for under $12,000 I need a reply I've been searching for months now.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

landstuhltaylorand fellow LS1Tech users...
the issues i was refering to are the wide spread issues with slp long tube headers and scraping, especially when lowered. it was not so much an attack on quality is it was an observation about its management of space.
as for the loudmouth, i should have added an imo. it is way too raspy for my tastes, and only gets worse with lts and no cats. i dont have experience on many of your other products, but i will give you credit for the factory cars.
im looking forward to the customer service now available.