Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator tune adjustments ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Predator tune adjustments ??

Hi all... I got a Diablo Predator for xmas, and I have the Diablo Tune - No DOD installed right now on my '06 Monte SS... what I'm looking for, is for someone to view the logs I have and tell me what's good, bad, and/or ugly... and if anyone can chime in as to what I should adjust/change.

I have 4 logs I've done. The latest 2, I had modified the injector slope to -6, since my previous log showed the LTFT from 0(min) to 14.something(max)... the average being 7.something... so when I just installed the tune again, I modified the slope to -6, instead of -7.something, just to be safe.

Here's a link to the log files: 06MonteSS Logs

All runs/logs have been done with the Performance "Diablo - No DOD" tune installed -- and I have a cold air intake box/filter if that makes a difference (pics/info about it )

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-30-2006, 06:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

k... I made some changes today... I used the Diablo No DOD performance tune - I set the LTFT to -3, and the PE to +3, based on my other logs I've done.

After warming the car up and driving around for 20 minutes, I started to log... I went up the on ramp to the highway and got on it up the ramp - once on the highway, I set the cruise control to 65... did this for about 15 minutes, got off the highway, got back on going back home for about another 15-20 mins, got on it up the ramp, but too much traffic going East to use the cruise, so I pedalled it between 60 and 70 - getting on it a few times from a 60mph roll up to 80. and also some short bursts off the highway.

Anyway, here's a link to the newest log file, and it's .csv counterpart: Latest log file

Should I go down more on the ltft? add more to the PE, or leave it at 0?? etc etc... do I need to drive for a couple days after making any changes to see what the values come out to?

Again, any info as to what I should adjust, or by how much, is greatly appreciated!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-31-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

..ttt...

Old 01-01-2007, 12:23 AM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Johan at Diablo is prob the best person to talk to about this as he has helped my out several times on my tune.

johan@diablosport.com
Old 01-02-2007, 06:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

thanks Sneaky... guess I'll wait to see if he has a chance to chime in or not, now that the holidays are over... WHEW!! LOL

here are 2 more new logs I took over the past couple days... these are with the stock Diablo No DOD tune with the LTFT and PE params reset to default tune settings - not the -3 and +3 I had them at before in the other logs.

>> Newest Logs <<

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-02-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For anyone interested in viewing these logs, go to www.diablosport.com to download the viewer. It is a work of art.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yes it is, I must say... pretty slick with all the options and stuff it has... and I like the gauge displays !!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well, took another log on the way home - this time all back roads, up-n-down hills, couldn't really get on it much tho... still using the "stock" Diablo No DOD performance tune...

ltft's look lower than other logs - is this because I was going slower than when on the highway?? still have some KR though... interesting... maybe cuz everything's still "learning" after I disconnected the battery 2 or 3 days ago??

>> Here's tonight's log <<

anyone have any thoughts/input?? I know Johan is the guy to get to look at these, but I'm sure all of you others have done this same stuff... as I'm sure Johan is swamped from just getting back after the holidays...

also, since I did the "reset all tune parameters" and reinstalled the Diablo No DOD performance tune, it doesn't seem as "peppy" as it did the first/initial time I did it. Is this because I pulled the battery cable and the cars learned settings got reset??

Thanks!

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-02-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

...ttt...

Old 01-04-2007, 07:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

>> Here's a log from last night too << - about the first 1/3 or 1/2 is highway, and the rest is in-town driving - with a couple times able to get on it a little bit.

so no one has any thoughts/ideas yet as to what I can/should adjust here, huh?? interesting...

Old 01-04-2007, 09:34 AM
On the tree

I would call Diablo, there are not too many folks with the newer Predator tuners on this site.

pm sprayjunkie also, I am 100% for sure he can help you out.