PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does the roadrunner/EFIlive have a good forced induction tuning setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default does the roadrunner/EFIlive have a good forced induction tuning setup?

ive always heard that HPtuners 2BAR SD is a great forced induction tuning setup, but i love the "tune on the fly" capabilty of the roadrunner wireless system. roadrunner uses EFIlive right? how good is EFILIVE for tuning my turbo car? will choosing the roadruner over the HPtuners be a bad decision?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

You will love the setup. I have 4 vehicles of my own running them and have tuned Several others with the roadrunner installed in thier vehicles. With them just comming out with the closed loop fueling correction, the system Just got even better!

EFIlive custom os systems ARE MORE ADVANCED than the competition and they are free.

We have everything in stock and you get it within a few days. "Like 1-4 days tops"

So you dont have to wait at all before you get to play!

I should be able to hit a starter tune for you pretty close also, I dont charge anything for my efilive customers.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just remember our Custom Operating systems come with Real Time Tuning free of charge

Old 01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
Just remember our Custom Operating systems come with Real Time Tuning free of charge

That doesnt do anyone a bit of good if you cant get the product to the customer.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

The EFILive/RoadRunner combination offers true real-time functionality and is the best no question! ANY table in the OS can be modified and is applied directly to the PCM. This is a no compromise solution.

Our Custom OS provide a number of specific calibrations/tables for forced induction applications.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wait4me
You will love the setup. I have 4 vehicles of my own running them and have tuned Several others with the roadrunner installed in thier vehicles. With them just comming out with the closed loop fueling correction, the system Just got even better!

EFIlive custom os systems ARE MORE ADVANCED than the competition and they are free.

We have everything in stock and you get it within a few days. "Like 1-4 days tops"

So you dont have to wait at all before you get to play!

I should be able to hit a starter tune for you pretty close also, I dont charge anything for my efilive customers.
From the time you make your purchase you can be up and runing in no time. The advance features and tables that you gain with the RR/EFILive combo can't be beat. You are not limited in ANY means on what you can do. Other software companies can't claim that.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by wait4me
Thats interesting, because many of the HP Tuners custom operating systems come with REAL TIME TUNING, a feature that requires additional hardware purchase and a PCM swap with EFI Live.

I'd consider using the factory hardware to do real time tuning more advanced.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Junkie

I think Magnus and Foff need to read these links.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....6&postcount=77 - Foff you might want to practice what you type.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....36&postcount=2Keith - This has been in place for some time now.

I am asking nicely now that you both remove your posts and stay out of this thread.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Magnus
Thats interesting, because many of the HP Tuners custom operating systems come with REAL TIME TUNING, a feature that requires additional hardware purchase and a PCM swap with EFI Live.

I am not going to get in a debate here, but if you offer Real Timing Tuning, why is it limited? It isn't a true option and we both know it. We can tune any table with the roadrunner that we want, you guys can't. We can tune as many cars with a custom OS for free, you guys can't. I won't go on and waste the bandwidth on this.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Chad, kindly read the original post.

HP Tuners 2bar SD was brought up, as was desire to do real time tuning.

The poster also asks if EFI Live will be a better choice over HP Tuners.

I am asking you nicely that you play fair.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Chad, kindly read the original post.

HP Tuners 2bar SD was brought up, as was desire to do real time tuning.

The poster also asks if EFI Live will be a better choice over HP Tuners.

I am asking you nicely that you play fair.
The question at hand is EFILive, not HPT. If he wants HPT answers, then he needs to make another thread so they don't get closed like all the rest do.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I am not going to get in a debate here, but if you offer Real Timing Tuning, why is it limited? It isn't a true option and we both know it. We can tune any table with the roadrunner that we want, you guys can't. We can tune as many cars with a custom OS for free, you guys can't. I won't go on and waste the bandwidth on this.
There is no debate about two things:

HP Tuners offers more advanced custom operating systems.

EFI Lives real time tuning solution is less limited than HP Tuners.

Certainly we both can agree there.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The question at hand is EFILive, not HPT. If he wants HPT answers, then he needs to make another thread so they don't get closed like all the rest do.
Chad, that is not the case at all. For him to know if solution A is better than solution B, he must also be educated on solution B.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

There is no debate about two things:

HP Tuners offers more advanced custom operating systems.

EFI Lives real time tuning solution is less limited than HP Tuners.

Certainly we both can agree there.
Actually no, I don't agree that you offer a more advanced custom operating system. Besides a partial RTT solution that offers nothing over EFILive, you have nothing more advanced.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

No doubt that was a *clever* solution you needed to come up with to be at least completive. As far as advance, afraid I don't share your description of *advanced*. But, hey what do you expect

Lets keep this clean, this is after all the original posters thread.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Chad, that is not the case at all. For him to know if solution A is better than solution B, he must also be educated on solution B.
Ok, if that is the case, then we will see how long this lasts in HPT threads.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a idea here that we have addressed before. You want the customer to be more educated, put out a DEMO version so that they can make a choice. You have people that purchased HPT and don't even have the software yet. I know they would at least like to use what they just bought.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok, if that is the case, then we will see how long this lasts in HPT threads.
Chad, we don't complain when you post in HPT threads where EFI Live is brought up. We don't post asking you to stop, nor do we report your posts to the moderators.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Chad, we don't complain when you post in HPT threads where EFI Live is brought up. We don't post asking you to stop, nor do we report your posts to the moderators.
That is fine, lets keep this on topic for the original poster. If you would though, please address the DEMO. Many have wanted this including me. I can host my version of HPT, but I think that is against the rules. I would have no problem hosting mine up so people can play with HPT if you agree to it.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
ive always heard that HPtuners 2BAR SD is a great forced induction tuning setup, but i love the "tune on the fly" capabilty of the roadrunner wireless system. roadrunner uses EFIlive right? how good is EFILIVE for tuning my turbo car? will choosing the roadruner over the HPtuners be a bad decision?
If you like the fact that you can "tune on the fly" with EFIlive and a RR I say you should trust your gut instinct and get what you want.

Go here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4328 to read what is just around the corner. IMHO choosing a RR and EFIlive is NOT a bad decision.

I jumped in and bought EFIlive last November and while I am only scratching the surface I truely enjoy using EFIlive. The assistance you will get from members here, your chosen vendor, and those on the EFIlive forum is second to none.

I just bought a RR from Greenlight Motorsports this weekend. If you are willing to spend the money either all at once or in stages like I did you won't be disappointed. My wife always tells me to go with my first choice... I am passing that along to you.

PM a few of the members here that use a RR and get there opinion. PatrickG has had phenominal success with his car using a RR... others are out there as well. Get a "non-vendor" point of view. I'll give you mine as soon as I get it....

R/

Frat

Quick Reply: does the roadrunner/EFIlive have a good forced induction tuning setup?