General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need some help guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some help guys

He, just wondering if you guys can help me out with something. Afrisnd of mine at work does not believe that it is possible for a bone stock Camaro in show room condition has run into the 12's. Any articles you guys have would help. He's a ricer, so I want to set him straight. Hes saying that if they have, it something like they had exhaust, or an intake, or it was gutted. So anything you have would help. Hes also saying if it happened, its a one time thing.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading an article in GMHTP where they took a bone stock SS, paper filter and all, and ran a 12.96. Why do you care what a ricer thinks, line up with him and show him in person.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1999Transamman
I remember reading an article in GMHTP where they took a bone stock SS, paper filter and all, and ran a 12.96. Why do you care what a ricer thinks, line up with him and show him in person.
Because this particular ricer owns an 11 second EVO. What I can't figure out is his dad owns a WS6, yet an F-Body is a hill-billy mobil.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would just ignore him and have a talk with his old man for raising a retard.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ignore him and let him argue with a rock....then youll be able to see for the first time a rock out smart someone

it will have to be a good driver...but its possible

does he realize most bone stock imports run like 16s
Old 02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

I would just ignore him and have a talk with his old man for raising a retard.
+1 ^ agree
Old 02-16-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

Well, I talked to him, and he relents that its possible but he said "but that doesn't make a Camaro a 12 sec car." Which I agree with. But now hes say that m6 camaros run 13.3-13.7 and A4's run 13.6-13.9, which isn't far off, but he is the type of person that even if he saw it with his own eyes, he wouldn't believe it because "drag strip timing is inaccurate" yet top fuel runs a Pacific Raceway near me. I also got in an argument about how he was saying at UTI they learned that the corvette engine is defferent then a camaro ls1, and that he doesn't trust dyno numbers, ever. I think the whole UTI thing makes him think he is the be-all end-all car expert. Not even if they were done on the same day, with the same dyno. So that rules out GMHTP's dyno results. I guess I should just not worry about it, and wait till I get LT's, TD's, and a converter, then blow his doors off.

P.S. Nows hes saying he never ran his Evo at the track, and that he figures it would do a mid 12. Stupid stupid ricers.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just whoop that little Evo of his and never let him hear the end of it. He obviously doesnt know much when it comes to straight line performance seeing as he is talking **** about an F-bod.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Just whoop that little Evo of his and never let him hear the end of it. He obviously doesnt know much when it comes to straight line performance seeing as he is talking **** about an F-bod.
+1.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Well I just raced him last night, we only went 60-90, but by that time, the race was over. He totaly destroyed me. It was so sad. But what can I say, the guy bought the car finished. Now I'm kinda kicking myself. I had a chance to buy a 12 flat Camaro for about 2k more then my car, but didn't. Oh well you live and learn.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

if you buy an already modified, car, it takes all the fun out of owning it. i personally would never buy an already modded car no matter how fast it is. its more fun when you get to do your own modifications and your the one to decide what goes on and what comes off of the car. but to each his own.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SatanzWS6
if you buy an already modified, car, it takes all the fun out of owning it. i personally would never buy an already modded car no matter how fast it is. its more fun when you get to do your own modifications and your the one to decide what goes on and what comes off of the car. but to each his own.
Yeah, that was my origional reason for getting a completely un touched car. But the problem is I have no money for mods. But yeah, I like modding my own cars better.