View Full Version : F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

peter@aps
03-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi Guys, This is not a joke, it's for real. APS is aiming to provide a high quality production F body intercooled twin turbo system for only

$5495 inc free door to door air freight delivery as a 1 time promotion.

APS engineers are now far enough into the F body twin turbo development to say that this price is very feasible and we expect to start production of the F body system in July 07. :D

A brief summary of the twin turbo system, designed and manufactured for the F body,

1) Cast ductile iron turbo exhaust manifolds.

2) Twin liquid cooled 500 HP inconel spec precision gasoline turbochargers.

3) Massive air to air bar and plate intercooler.

4) Stainless steel ducting with perfectly balanced air flow to and from each turbocharger.

5 Twin Stainless steel air inlet ducts with high flow air cleaners.

6) Twin 3 inch 304 stainless steel turbo down pipes with mounting provision for Tial 38 mm wastegates.

7) Twin 38 mm Tial wastegates.

8) Twin blow off valves

9) Tough and durable nomex reinforced silicon coupling hoses.

10) High quality stainless steel studs and all nuts, washers, bolts and brackets required for the install.

The F body twin turbo system will be similar to the the APS GTO twin turbo system in many ways so if you'd like to view the quality of the parts please see the link below,

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/gto/install/bom.htm

APS is planning on building 50 F body TT systems in this first production build so if you'd like to get into this exciting TT deal, pm me for further details. :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

NassyVette
03-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I can't wait to see pics. If it's anything like your C5 system it's bound to kick ass! Why did you annouce this AFTER I sank a ton of money into my custom kit???? Damn... :bang:

Got Me SOM
03-02-2007, 12:02 AM
i want to see pics too. i might be able to swing this.

Got Me SOM
03-02-2007, 12:05 AM
are the turbos both capable of 500 hp each so this kit is capable of 1000 hp?

INTMD8
03-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Great price! The parts alone for my TT system cost me more than that.

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 12:21 AM
I can't wait to see pics. If it's anything like your C5 system it's bound to kick ass! Why did you annouce this AFTER I sank a ton of money into my custom kit???? Damn... :bang:Lol..........I can only post as soon as I get the nod from engineering and admin. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 12:22 AM
i want to see pics too. i might be able to swing this.Pics and final product information is at least 8 weeks away. :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 12:25 AM
are the turbos both capable of 500 hp each so this kit is capable of 1000 hp?With a built engine, nice heads, turbo spec cam, high octane fuel and thorough engine tuning I expect to see around 850-900 whp. :nod:

Peter

Got Me SOM
03-02-2007, 12:33 AM
I have a forged bottom end already, not sure if my cam would work, its s 224/230 on a 115. c16 is no problem, just might have to beef up my supply and return lines and put a twin in tank in.

niceeee

Intmd8 is this the same or better than your kit?

Got Me SOM
03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
so do you need a deposit or would we have to pay in full? when is the deadline to do this??

99Z28LS1
03-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I have a forged bottom end already, not sure if my cam would work, its s 224/230 on a 115. c16 is no problem, just might have to beef up my supply and return lines and put a twin in tank in.

niceeee

Intmd8 is this the same or better than your kit?

i think INTMD8's turbo(s) are closer to the heads than the standard APS kit, but regaurdless, they are both nice ass kits. i paid more for my STS kit without the cam and stuff. this is a sweet deal.

SScam68
03-02-2007, 12:43 AM
How long will this promotion last?

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 12:44 AM
so do you need a deposit or would we have to pay in full? when is the deadline to do this??I start taking deposits for the F body twin turbo system in May 07 or pm me if you want to be first in line. :cheers:

Peter

kp
03-02-2007, 12:45 AM
pretty interesting..

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 12:47 AM
How long will this promotion last?Until all of the F body systems are sold..............which could be a week or 3 months.............who really knows. :cheers:

Peter

6techniques
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Oh, Crap...wait to I get almost all my parts together and THEN put a twin kit up for under $6k. :bang:

Got Me SOM
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
how much is needed for a deposit?

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 01:00 AM
how much is needed for a deposit?From my first post.

''APS is planning on building 30 F body TT systems in this first production build so if you'd like to get into this exciting TT deal, pm me for further details.''

Peter

dementia
03-02-2007, 01:17 AM
What would the non promotion price be after this deal is up?

iamsickofitall
03-02-2007, 01:19 AM
i think i just creamed my pants

Got Me SOM
03-02-2007, 01:20 AM
peter i'l be talking to you more thru pm's.

very interested in this kit!

RooRnZ28
03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
nice!!

jeffboy757
03-02-2007, 03:50 AM
a complete twin turbo all as a kit sounds pretty nice

TNTramair
03-02-2007, 10:43 AM
hmm....i dunno if i can wait that long. im ready to pull the trigger on a procharger.

GRRR....What a dilema!

wickedwarlock
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
hmm....i dunno if i can wait that long. im ready to pull the trigger on a procharger.

GRRR....What a dilema!

Damn, tough choice there to make. :judge:

TNTramair
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
yeah..tell me about it...

and i beleive it retains the A/c and all factory components which makes it even more desirable for me. but, production begins in July which means we probably wouldnt see it till the end of the summer/early fall. i dont wanna have my car down for that long. decisions decisions!!

MY99TAWS6
03-02-2007, 11:28 AM
This sounds very interesting to me. I just went thru this on GMR twin kit though and have nothing to show for it yet except a big hole in my wallet from the deposit I put down. Also that kit was not going to allow keeping my air but they were working on a
way to keep it possibly.But since they are gone like so many turbo companies in the past thats all water under the bridge now.

So of course have the usual questions and will be pming Peter. APS is not a new company and has been around for awhile not sure exactly how long but think would risk getting a kit from them.
I am wondering if it keeps the air conditioning,if it hurts ground clearance much and of course how much down they want and when the kits should be ready.Not really into waiting months and months for them to get the final kit out after the deposit.

Anyway I will be pm'ing Peter on this asap.

iamsickofitall
03-02-2007, 11:30 AM

and i beleive it retains the A/c and all factory components which makes it even more desirable for me. but, production begins in July which means we probably wouldnt see it till the end of the summer/early fall. i dont wanna have my car down for that long. decisions decisions!!

i'd hate to be in your shoes. i personally would sacrifice a summer of not having FI to get the FI kit i really wanted...in fact, i am. however, my car isn't in pieces and i can drive it when i want

MY99TAWS6
03-02-2007, 11:42 AM
PM Sent! :)

Sharpe
03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Wow. This is the best automotive news i have ever heard, and that includes the new Camaro.

slow
03-02-2007, 11:59 AM
What kind of intercooler setup is used, and does it require cutting on a Trans Am install?

I am very interested, and what kind of deposit is required?

Thanks

Ryan

JMBLOWNWS6
03-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I will take one. What is the max HP rating on this kit? Please give me ALL the info you have. I can prepay ASAP! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

JMBLOWNWS6
03-02-2007, 12:28 PM
After reading let me know where to send my deposit!

Country Boy
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
No offence to APS, but its hillarious how many people will throw down thousands on a kit that isnt even made nor proven over buying one that is and that is very slightly used like a couple of us in the FS section have. (GMR, phamspeed, CAS, and Im sure a few others).

JMBLOWNWS6
03-02-2007, 12:49 PM
No offence to APS, but its hillarious how many people will throw down thousands on a kit that isnt even made nor proven over buying one that is and that is very slightly used like a couple of us in the FS section have. (GMR, phamspeed, CAS, and Im sure a few others).

I dont care to melt my motor mounts! And they are way backordered on the kit I wanted. APS is a trusted company and not a fly by night company!

NoGamesLS1
03-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Maybe its because they have proven themselves :)

ChevyChad
03-02-2007, 12:51 PM
does this keep the A/C?

TNTramair
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
as long as the company is prooven as APS is amongst GTO and C5 forums than the kit should speak for itself when it comes out. in lookin at the C5 and GTO kits, i wouldnt expect the f-body kit to be any less quality.

Josh@KY-Turbo
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
This kit is going to be a big deal for the F-body crowd no doubt. I myself will wait around to see some numbers before jumping the gun.

RyanJ
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Why do all turbo companies (except one) ask for deposits? APS seems like a big ol company, you'd think they could build 30 kits in house and ship when someone pays. 99% of the retail industry works like this, but we (you people) won't allow the LS1 industry to follow suit because your wallets are too big and memory too short. Not a slam against APS, just an observation. LS1 Turbo makers have the worst business model ever (well...its actually good for them since they can build kits at a low cost, although the margin is lower in the end IMO...oh well).

Hennytime
03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
i need make more money

NassyVette
03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Why do all turbo companies (except one) ask for deposits? APS seems like a big ol company, you'd think they could build 30 kits in house and ship when someone pays.

I think the deposits are to secure a kit for the introductory price being offered. Not to fund the manufacturing process, which I agree is a terrible business strategy.

Hugger Z
03-02-2007, 01:19 PM
PM sent for more info!!!! Sounds like a good project next winter..... Or maybe sooner. As long as my investments don't take a dive I should be all over this!! YES!!! I may finally get to go FI!!!!:D:D:D And keep my A/C on my warm weather DD! Oh to hear that high pitched whine.......

ChevyChad
03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
...I may finally get to go FI!!!!:D:D:D And keep my A/C on my warm weather DD!.....

How do you know this? Where did it say that?

TNTramair
03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I asked this question when APS first brought up the F-body kit idea and i remrember Peter telling me it would be possible. but lets hear it from the man himself to be sure.

NA$TY-TA
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Hmmmm

Mike 01WS6
03-02-2007, 02:32 PM

It's basically an Incon kit, just revamped. It keeps the A/C.

Hell, Dave Inall even has ties to them. Should be a good kit, glad they didn't follow his business practices. I may trade up my Incon for this kit since the quality seems to be improved.

1CAMWNDR
03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
:drool:
I need a second job.......

Hugger Z
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
If you search for other APS F-body kit threads it was mentioned in those.
:drool:
I need a second job.......
Ha ha! I completely agree! I keep telling everyone I need the one job for the house and bills and another job to pay for everything I want to do to all of the cars.... It is addicting. But I guess there could be other bad habits to have....

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Lol...............you'll definitely need a very large fuel supply system. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:27 PM
peter i'l be talking to you more thru pm's.

very interested in this kit!Awesome to hear that.

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:31 PM

and i beleive it retains the A/c and all factory components which makes it even more desirable for me. The F Body TT system will retain the factory AC. :)

but, production begins in July which means we probably wouldnt see it till the end of the summer/early fall. i dont wanna have my car down for that long. decisions decisions!!The air freight to the US takes around 3 to 5 days door to door from despatch, see the thread below. :)

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140202

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I am wondering if it keeps the air conditioning, if it hurts ground clearance much and of course how much down they want and when the kits should be ready. Not really into waiting months and months for them to get the final kit out after the deposit.

Anyway I will be pm'ing Peter on this asap.The F Body TT system will retain the factory AC and I won't be taking any deposits until May 07 at the earliest as the systems won't be produced until July 07. :)

Peter

frcefed98
03-02-2007, 05:38 PM
When in production, how long until they are ready to ship, weeks, months....

peter@aps
What kind of intercooler setup is used, and does it require cutting on a Trans Am install?

I am very interested, and what kind of deposit is required?

Thanks

RyanWhen you say cutting, where exactly are you referring to?

Peter

JMBLOWNWS6
The F Body TT system will retain the factory AC and I won't be taking any deposits until May 07 at the earliest as the systems won't be produced until July 07. :)

Peter

Please let me know in May what time you want the $. Im in. Might as well put me at the top of the list 1000% !

Country Boy
03-02-2007, 05:39 PM
What is the normal retail after the special?

DaveSchott
03-02-2007, 05:40 PM
So let me be one of the first to ask...can larger turbos be fitted without hacking it or the car up :drive:

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I will take one. What is the max HP rating on this kit? Please give me ALL the info you have. I can prepay ASAP! THANKS IN ADVANCE!With a built engine, nice heads, turbo spec cam, high octane fuel and thorough engine tuning I expect to see around 850-900 whp. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:43 PM
No offence to APS, but its hillarious how many people will throw down thousands on a kit that isnt even made nor proven over buying one that is and that is very slightly used like a couple of us in the FS section have. (GMR, phamspeed, CAS, and Im sure a few others).No offence taken and I'm not asking for any $$$ until APS is close to production of the F Body system being fully completed. :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:45 PM
does this keep the A/C?Yes, the APS F Body TT system will retain the factory AC system. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:47 PM
as long as the company is prooven as APS is amongst GTO and C5 forums than the kit should speak for itself when it comes out. in lookin at the C5 and GTO kits, i wouldnt expect the f-body kit to be any less quality.For what it's worth, APS has shipped over 200 GM twin turbo systems into the US over the last 9 months. :)

Peter

mahhddgtp
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I hate to do it.. But assuming you have a built motor, cam, full exhaust, fuel goodies, etc... Through a 6-speed, what do you think is achievable on pump 93?

Any turbo specs? P.S. These things will sell like hotcakes!!!! Incon kit design + improvements :drool:

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:50 PM
This kit is going to be a big deal for the F-body crowd no doubt. I myself will wait around to see some numbers before jumping the gun.I'm positive that the APS F body twin turbo system will be a huge success with F body owners and the power generated will greatly depend on the engine specs and quality of engine tuning. :)

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Why do all turbo companies (except one) ask for deposits? APS seems like a big ol company, you'd think they could build 30 kits in house and ship when someone pays. 99% of the retail industry works like this, but we (you people) won't allow the LS1 industry to follow suit because your wallets are too big and memory too short. Not a slam against APS, just an observation. LS1 Turbo makers have the worst business model ever (well...its actually good for them since they can build kits at a low cost, although the margin is lower in the end IMO...oh well).I am not asking for deposits now and when I do (in may 07), it will only be to confirm the number of guys who want to take advantage of this special F Body twin turbo launch promotion. :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I think the deposits are to secure a kit for the introductory price being offered. Not to fund the manufacturing process, which I agree is a terrible business strategy.100% correct...........you got it in one. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I asked this question when APS first brought up the F-body kit idea and i remrember Peter telling me it would be possible. but lets hear it from the man himself to be sure.Lol................it will retain the factory AC system.

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 06:00 PM
It's basically an Incon kit, just revamped. It keeps the A/C. The APS F body system is a eight year newer design and a huge improvement to the Incon system. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 06:03 PM
When in production, how long until they are ready to ship, weeks, months....When in production F body TT systems will ship within 24 hours of payment and delivery is normally 3 to 5 days via our door to door air freight service. We don't fabricate 1 TT system at a time, rather we build a batch of F body systems in production and then stock the systems at our warehouse. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Please let me know in May what time you want the $. Im in. Might as well put me at the top of the list 1000% !Please pm me if you'd like to get into the F body deal. :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

frcefed98
03-02-2007, 06:05 PM
:cool: thanks for the reply.

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 06:06 PM
What is the normal retail after the special?The MSRP has not yet been finalized. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-02-2007, 06:09 PM
So let me be one of the first to ask...can larger turbos be fitted without hacking it or the car up :drive:The F body system does have very large turbos and it would be possible to go larger though we don't see the need for larger turbos at this time. :)

Peter

JMBLOWNWS6
03-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Please pm me if you'd like to get into the F body deal. :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

Allready done! :devil:

70Stang
03-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Peter - I PM'd you.

GR33N GoblinM6
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
this is just down right AWESOME!!!!!! awesome pricing.. and the reason i say awesome pricing.. look at the quality and level of craftsmanship APS has... this kit will be the best kit on the market by far... i cant wait..

Hugger Z
03-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I am not asking for deposits now and when I do (in may 07), it will only be to confirm the number of guys who want to take advantage of this special F Body twin turbo launch promotion. :cheers:

Peter
Put me on the list for May! I want in! The countdown begins.....

bowtieman81
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I would like to know what configuration of intercooler it will be, and where the intercooler is located.

I do not want to cut up my front bumper on the trans am

Hugger Z
03-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I would like to know what configuration of intercooler it will be, and where the intercooler is located.

Good question. I think I would prefer a single front but would have to see how they were mounted if it was twin intercoolers. It would be cool to be stealth about them being there.... I am OK with a little cutting of the fascia if needed for airflow.

Got Me SOM
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
might as well put me on the list too Peter.

promod1955
03-02-2007, 11:07 PM
wow.... im blown away by the price. looks like got me som might have a vortech for sale.lol

RPOWU8
03-02-2007, 11:38 PM
APS is planning on building 30 F body TT systems in this first production build so if you'd like to get into this exciting TT deal, pm me for further details. :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

Might need to make more. :)

DJ

SS DNA
03-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I love the quality of APS and thats the only kit I would actually buy for a C5.
Im in the market for a Z06 and that was/is my plan, an APS TT.

Now, for the F-Body, You guys are quality and people are going to love them :drive:

Randy_S
03-02-2007, 11:53 PM

DJ

Thats what I am thinking!! I wanted spray but if I can get this for a couple grand more than DAMN.

What do you think that would make with a 408. My cam specs are
244 248 612 6... 112 lsa Would I need to change my cam cuz I really like my lope.

Got Me SOM
03-03-2007, 12:25 AM
wow.... im blown away by the price. looks like got me som might have a vortech for sale.lol

you know it. :cool:

2002 Trans Am
03-03-2007, 08:06 AM

Deciding factor for me too. :judge:
Right now the only company I see that produces a turbo kit without hacking up the bumpers is OFI. I will wait and hope that APS doesn't require cutting of the front license plate as I need a front plate in NJ and I also tend to like my fog lights. :lurk:

Checkmate
03-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Wow, can't wait to see the final specs. :)

cablebandit
03-03-2007, 09:16 AM
prolly do incon style intercoolers...just better

my01ws6
03-03-2007, 10:30 AM
peter@aps

PMed!

2002 Trans Am
03-03-2007, 11:34 AM
prolly do incon style intercoolers...just better Incon I believe had 2 ICs. Peter's origianl post sates the following "3) Massive air to air bar and plate intercooler."

Sounds like 1 big ole IC :(

Boo"SS"t
03-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Wow, that price seems to be the bargain price of the century for a brand new twin turbo with a cast iron manifolds! I can't wait to see the final specs and pics.

JMBLOWNWS6
03-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Ill take the big intercooler over two crap singles! :judge:

DaveSchott
03-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Agree on the price comment. Incon's intro price was $4,400 - but that was the Fall of '00. Plus the APS kits appear to be more of a professional product from the pics I've seen.

Wow, that price seems to be the bargain price of the century for a brand new twin turbo with a cast iron manifolds! I can't wait to see the final specs and pics.

GrahamHill
03-03-2007, 02:49 PM
So we could recieve these before the fourth quarter begins this year?

High Pressure
03-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Peter you can count me in for a kit!

mahhddgtp
03-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Also curious about 2 A2A intercoolers being possible... I'd hate to hack up my front.

onfire
03-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Peter, T25 or T3 turbines?

crzhrs
03-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Ill take the big intercooler over two crap singles! :judge:

I agree. I don't mind hacking up my car. You gotta pay to play! :drive: Besides, you don't want a badass twin setup that is choked to death by 2 wimpy i/c's.

slow
03-03-2007, 11:19 PM
The cutting was mainly asking about the front bumper cover for air into the intercooler with a trans am, however, I (as well as others) may be interested if cutting of any of the factory steel/plastic parts of the car is necessary. (other than heatshields, cover. and other bolt on parts)

Ryan

mahhddgtp
03-04-2007, 02:16 AM
Let me ask this question... Can you retain stock foglights? If so, I'm not going to bitch, I'd just put a mesh screen over the license plate bumper to hide it.

2002/Black/SS
03-04-2007, 04:53 AM
i should sell my hi-flo kit. its nothing but troubles

Z06PSI
03-04-2007, 06:30 AM
PM sent.....

1CAMWNDR
03-04-2007, 10:16 AM
The big front mount doesn't require cutting up a Corvette C6 front plastic, so I doubt we will need tocut up an F-body.

Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
03-04-2007, 10:47 AM
damn thats a great price can't wait for the pics

JMBLOWNWS6
03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Cut or no cut Im in!

ArmZ28
03-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Peter, you got PM. I need all the further information you have :)

EPP
03-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Thats what I am thinking!! I wanted spray but if I can get this for a couple grand more than DAMN.

244 248 612 6... 112 lsa Would I need to change my cam cuz I really like my lope.

You'd probably want to swap your cam for something a little more turbo friendly.
The cam we used in this twin turbo C5 worked out very well and still had a lope to it.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/projectCar.php?car=26
Here is a video of it.
http://www.noobzor.com/epp/ttvette.wmv Bob

wildta
03-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Peter: PM'ed you!

SSilverSSurfer
03-04-2007, 04:43 PM

whats the compression on that new motor? your probably going to have tot tear it down and build it for boost if you wanna make some real power

mdhmi
03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
it's hillarious how many people will throw down thousands on a kit that isnt even made nor proven

The APS kit is proven on the GTO's, C5's, and C6's. I don't think it's a stretch to think that the same high quality kit that has already proven successful on several other LS1/2/6 platforms will also be successful on the F-Body platform. :cheers:

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 08:46 PM
I hate to do it.. But assuming you have a built motor, cam, full exhaust, fuel goodies, etc... Through a 6-speed, what do you think is achievable on pump 93? That's nearly impossible to answer accurately as there are so many variables that can impact on the power generated, such as, engine displacement, head flow, cam shaft timing, exhaust system flow, engine tuning, etc, etc.

Any turbo specs? P.S. These things will sell like hotcakes!!!! Incon kit design + improvements :drool:Identical turbochargers as we use in the C5 TT system, see link below for product specifications. :)

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/corvette/c5/turbo.htm

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 08:47 PM
:cool: thanks for the reply.Most welcome. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 08:48 PM
this is just down right AWESOME!!!!!! awesome pricing.. and the reason i say awesome pricing.. look at the quality and level of craftsmanship APS has... this kit will be the best kit on the market by far... i cant wait..Thanks for those words of support and I'm positive that the APS F body TT system will offer awesome performance for the $ investment. :D

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Put me on the list for May! I want in! The countdown begins.....Please email me in early May and I will then email you the purchase information form. :)

Thanks,

Peter

Got Me SOM
03-04-2007, 08:50 PM
here's what your page says

"The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing."

exactly what turbos do these compare to? T-67's? T-60's?

Can you find out what aftermarket k member you guys engineered your system around? I'm on par for purchasing this kit!

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 08:52 PM
I would like to know what configuration of intercooler it will be, and where the intercooler is located. I do not want to cut up my front bumper on the trans am The intercooler will be a single front mounted bar and plate contruction intercooler and I will post pics when information is released from our engineering guys. There will be minimum modification required to install the front mount intercooler system. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 08:54 PM
might as well put me on the list too Peter.
Please send me an email in early May and I will then get back to you with the F body twin turbo purchase information. :)

Thanks,

Peter

Got Me SOM
03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
You'd probably want to swap your cam for something a little more turbo friendly.
The cam we used in this twin turbo C5 worked out very well and still had a lope to it.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/projectCar.php?car=26
Here is a video of it.
http://www.noobzor.com/epp/ttvette.wmv Bob

what do you recommend for a stock cubed forged motor? i have a 224/230 on a 115. looks like it might work.

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 08:56 PM
wow.... im blown away by the price. looks like got me som might have a vortech for sale.lolAwesome to hear now get that Vortech sold............lol.

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 08:56 PM

DJYou may well be right! :D

Thanks,

Peter

THE_SUPRA
03-04-2007, 08:57 PM
great price!

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I love the quality of APS and thats the only kit I would actually buy for a C5. Im in the market for a Z06 and that was/is my plan, an APS TT. The C5 ZO6 is an awesome car and with twin turbo installed it's just insane to drive, good luck with your TT project. :)

Now, for the F-Body, You guys are quality and people are going to love them :drive:Thanks for those kind words and I'm positive that the F body TT system will make many guys very happy. :hail: :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Deciding factor for me too. :judge:
Right now the only company I see that produces a turbo kit without hacking up the bumpers is OFI. I will wait and hope that APS doesn't require cutting of the front license plate as I need a front plate in NJ and I also tend to like my fog lights. :lurk:No modification to the front plastic fascia and the fog lights will also be retained on the trams Am. :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 09:04 PM
prolly do incon style intercoolers...just better

No the APS intercooler is totally different to the Incon's twin intercooler design. :)

Peter

EPP
03-04-2007, 09:04 PM
No modification to the front plastic fascia and the fog lights will also be retained on the trams Am. :cheers:

Peter

Pretty cool! Bob

GTObsessor
03-04-2007, 09:22 PM
No modification to the front plastic fascia and the fog lights will also be retained on the trams Am. :cheers:

Peter

In that case. You have my full and undevided attention.

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Incon I believe had 2 ICs. Peter's origianl post sates the following "3) Massive air to air bar and plate intercooler."

Sounds like 1 big ole IC :(Correct, I large bar and plate intercooler is the plan at this time. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Wow, that price seems to be the bargain price of the century for a brand new twin turbo with a cast iron manifolds! I can't wait to see the final specs and pics.I agree, the price is very keen though the price may vary a little ( maybe by $200 to $300) by the time we get the F body TT system into production so that's why the heading of the thread states preliminary pricing. :)

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Ill take the big intercooler over two crap singles! :judge:The big single intercooler certainly looks like it will package easier than 2 smaller intercoolers and should be less complex to install. :)

Peter

ChaseSS
03-04-2007, 10:14 PM
you have a PM!!! this kit sounds awesome

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 10:18 PM
So we could recieve these before the fourth quarter begins this year?Right now I'd expect to be shipping F body twin turbo systems at the end of July 07 if all goes to plan. :)

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Peter you can count me in for a kit!Awesome..............glad to hear that news. :hail: :D

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Also curious about 2 A2A intercoolers being possible... I'd hate to hack up my front.Not likely at this time though I don't want to completely rule out any IC approach until all of the product development/engineering is 100% concluded. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Peter, T25 or T3 turbines?From the APS C5 twin turbo system pages (see below), the APS turbine housing is a little larger than the standard T3 turbine housing.

The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing. :cheers:

Peter

mahhddgtp
03-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Not likely at this time though I don't want to completely rule out any IC approach until all of the product development/engineering is 100% concluded. :)

Peter

Well hey, you said that no front modification to the front bumper and we get to keep foglights!

Screw two intercoolers! This kit is a winner!!!

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I agree. I don't mind hacking up my car. You gotta pay to play! :drive: Besides, you don't want a badass twin setup that is choked to death by 2 wimpy i/c's.I'm 99% sure that there will be no cutting required on the plastic front fascia though there may well be some trimming of the bolt on front steel member. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Let me ask this question... Can you retain stock foglights? If so, I'm not going to bitch, I'd just put a mesh screen over the license plate bumper to hide it.As of now it's looks very possible/doable to retain the stock fog lights on the Trams Am F body. :)

Peter

2002 Trans Am
03-05-2007, 01:09 AM

Peter
:hail: :usa: :swing: :nod: :hump: :sack: :headbang: :drool:
Once I am done paying off my fiance's ring, I think i'll be looking at APS :judge:

wildta
03-05-2007, 02:47 AM
I can see my kit now! I am going to run a 370 ci IRON block with my sneeky GT2-3 Lingenfelter cam, L92 heads,l92 intake!

YES or No ? WHAT do you guys think ?

mahhddgtp
03-05-2007, 02:51 AM
I would keep stock cubes for that setup, but that's my opinion. I'd be worried about the turbos choking... But you need to make a thread later for that one...

Ed @ Late Model Speed
03-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I can see my kit now! I am going to run a 370 ci IRON block with my sneeky GT2-3 Lingenfelter cam, L92 heads,l92 intake!

YES or No ? WHAT do you guys think ?

I think that would make a killer setup, sound like stock and be capable of biiiiigg numbers :)

Ed

MY99TAWS6
03-05-2007, 10:09 AM
I still am waiting for 100% confirmation of being able to keep the air conditioning and also curious to see if the system will cause any problem with ground clearance although can go back to stock ride height if necessary since only dropped about 3/4 to maybe an inch now anyway. Also if the turbos are mounted low like the gto system then you pretty much need the oil pump.If they are mounted higher than you could use the simpler gravity return for oil. I do prefer no pump.Sts uses the oil scavenger pump and not thrilled with that really. Still the kit sounds good pricewise and the company sounds very solid. Very interested and be awaiting more info as it becomes available.

promod1955
03-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Yes, the APS F Body TT system will retain the factory AC system. :)

Peter

read the thread, it was said twice already. :jest:

FastBlackTA
03-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I have purchased and am in the process of installing my APS C6 system as we speak. The quality is second to none and fitment has been great thus far. I am sure their F-Body system will not dissapoint!

Mike 01WS6
03-05-2007, 04:20 PM
The F body system does have very large turbos and it would be possible to go larger though we don't see the need for larger turbos at this time. :)

Peter

Incon kit w/ upgraded wheels in the turbos is capable of around 850ish rwhp through a 6 speed. I'd need to eek out higher 9's to 1k rwhp to make the switch worth while in my mind. No sense in tearing apart a perfectly good workin setup for nominal gains.

Can slightly larger turbos be fitted w/o clearance problems? Everytime I get under my car I laugh at the amount of space those turbos already have. I may have to call you and discuss this more in depth as you guys don't seem to divulge your turbo specs for the public.

CALL911
03-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Okay, just to get this straight for sure. You are saying that there will be NO (or most likely none) fabrication needed for the Trans Am bumpers for the IC system? Does this go the same for the Formula front bumpers? I ask because as you probably know, the TA's and the Formula's don't have the same amount of room that a Camaro has up front.

If I was interested, I also wouldn't want to hack up my front bumper for air flow, or clearance.

Also, what would this system make safely (pump gas) off of a stock motor? Or do you not reccomend running a stock bottom end with it? Plus what is the max psi the Turbo's will put out?

GrnDragon
03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm relatively new to Turbos so can anyone tell me if these turbos will be "efficient" with a 427 ci motor, or would they be better suited for a stock cube 5.7L? I understand they can produce up to 1000RWHP, but that says nothing about what CI motor they work best on. Other than that I am VERY interested in trying this kit on my 95 bird (with a new 427 LSx of course).

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
The APS kit is proven on the GTO's, C5's, and C6's. I don't think it's a stretch to think that the same high quality kit that has already proven successful on several other LS1/2/6 platforms will also be successful on the F-Body platform. :cheers:Thanks for those kind words of support and I'm very positive that the F body twin turbo system will meet the high expectations of the vast majority of F body owners. :D :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
here's what your page says

"The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing."

exactly what turbos do these compare to? T-67's? T-60's? I don't recognize either of those turbos (not genuine garrett size terminology) though the APS turbos supplied in the F body system are quite large turbos in terms of mass air flow as indictaed by the mass air flow figures above.

Can you find out what aftermarket k member you guys engineered your system around? I'm on par for purchasing this kit! Right now we are working the F body system around the BMR K member. :)

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 05:09 PM
In that case. You have my full and undevided attention.Just keep in mind that APS is working with a 2001 model Trams Am Pontiac so there may well be variations with other years of F body models. :)

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I would keep stock cubes for that setup, but that's my opinion. I'd be worried about the turbos choking... But you need to make a thread later for that one...Below is a power graph of a bone stock LS1 C5 ZO6 engine with twin turbos (same size turbos as the F body twin turbo system) at just 7.6 PSI on 93 octane pump fuel so there's loads of head room for larger displacment engines or smaller cube engines with massive engine flow. :)

Thanks,

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/corvette/c5/c5_boost_607.gif

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I still am waiting for 100% confirmation of being able to keep the air conditioning I said previously that the factory AC will be retained.

and also curious to see if the system will cause any problem with ground clearance although can go back to stock ride height if necessary since only dropped about 3/4 to maybe an inch now anyway. Are you referring to the exhaust system or the APS TT system?

Also if the turbos are mounted low like the gto system then you pretty much need the oil pump.If they are mounted higher than you could use the simpler gravity return for oil. I do prefer no pump.Sts uses the oil scavenger pump and not thrilled with that really. The oil return will be a gravity drain system. :)

Thanks,

Peter

my01ws6
03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
looks impressive! I may decide to go twins insted of a single...hmmm

If we decide we want this when does it have to be ordered by?

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I have purchased and am in the process of installing my APS C6 system as we speak. The quality is second to none and fitment has been great thus far. I am sure their F-Body system will not dissapoint!Awesome to hear that you're pleased with the C6 TT system and by all means email me when you have the system up and running, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the performance gains. :)

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Incon kit w/ upgraded wheels in the turbos is capable of around 850ish rwhp through a 6 speed. I'd need to eek out higher 9's to 1k rwhp to make the switch worth while in my mind. No sense in tearing apart a perfectly good workin setup for nominal gains. I suspect that the turbos in our F body system will have similar compressor flow to your current spec turbos though the APS turbos will have greater turbine flow than your current turbos which is ideal for larger cube engines. :)

Can slightly larger turbos be fitted w/o clearance problems? Everytime I get under my car I laugh at the amount of space those turbos already have. I think you must be referring to the Incon GT turbos (which are quite small in terms of physical size), when you see the size of the APS turbos, they are physically much larger in size. :)

I may have to call you and discuss this more in depth as you guys don't seem to divulge your turbo specs for the public.From the APS web site,

The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing. :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Okay, just to get this straight for sure. You are saying that there will be NO (or most likely none) fabrication needed for the Trans Am bumpers for the IC system? No modification to the front plastic fascia or fog lights on the 2001 Trans Am.

Does this go the same for the Formula front bumpers? I ask because as you probably know, the TA's and the Formula's don't have the same amount of room that a Camaro has up front. I can't answer that question with any degree of accuracy as I'm not familiar with that model F body.

Also, what would this system make safely (pump gas) off of a stock motor?With what octane pump gas? :cheers:

Or do you not reccomend running a stock bottom end with it? You can run a stock bottom end up to around 550 whp with a good tune.............over that it starts to get very risky.

Plus what is the max psi the Turbo's will put out? The maximum mass air flow delivery of 50 lbs per minute will be at around 18 PSI.

Peter

Darren P
03-05-2007, 05:52 PM
so this is a gravity drain back to the oilpan
or back to a holding tank with a pump
and how about turbo size
I am building a 403 ci LS2 with afr 225 heads
how large of a turbo will fit with this kit
I was planing on useing a pair of T-4 66 or 67 BB turbos
how much power could your turbos support on a 403 inch engine with good heads and 93 octane pump gas
I am shooting to have 900+ RWHP

CALL911
03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
With what octane pump gas? :cheers:

Peter

93 octane, or "premium". And what would be the next RWHP level for a stock motor on 93 octane with a methanol injection setup?

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm relatively new to Turbos so can anyone tell me if these turbos will be "efficient" with a 427 ci motor, or would they be better suited for a stock cube 5.7L? I understand they can produce up to 1000RWHP, but that says nothing about what CI motor they work best on. Other than that I am VERY interested in trying this kit on my 95 bird (with a new 427 LSx of course).I very much doubt that the APS TT system would fit your 95 firebird (3rd generation F body) as the APS TT system is designed for the 98 to 02 model F body, 4th generation F body.

Peter

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 08:37 PM
looks impressive! I may decide to go twins insted of a single...hmmm

If we decide we want this when does it have to be ordered by?I will start taking deposits in early May 07 and I expect to start shipping F body TT systems in late July 07. :)

Thanks,

Peter

NassyVette
03-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I very much doubt that the APS TT system would fit your 95 firebird (3rd generation F body) as the APS TT system is designed for the 98 to 02 model F body, 4th generation F body.

Peter

Third gens are the 82-92 camaros, 95 is still considered 4th gen, just fyi.

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 08:41 PM
so this is a gravity drain back to the oilpan
or back to a holding tank with a pump Correct, gravity drain back to the oil pan.

and how about turbo sizeFrom the APS web site,

The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers with an Inconel 713C turbine wheel, liquid cooled bearing housing (50 lbs per minute mass air flow @ 18 PSI), APS single entry .84 A/R turbine housings with external waste gate port/provision and APS designed and manufactured .65 A/R compressor housing.

I am building a 403 ci LS2 with afr 225 heads
how large of a turbo will fit with this kit The turbos as described above will support around 1000 HP and will be awesome on a 403 cube engine. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 08:45 PM
93 octane, or "premium". And what would be the next RWHP level for a stock motor on 93 octane with a methanol injection setup?Around 550 whp on a bone stock engine and you would gain another 30 to 40 whp with meth injection though that would be about the absolute durability limit for a stock engine imo.

Peter

peter@aps
03-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Third gens are the 82-92 camaros, 95 is still considered 4th gen, just fyi.Thanks for that info. I'm told that there are a good numer of changes between 98/02 model vs the pre 98 model F body. In other words, the APS system should fit the 98 to 02 model like a glove and there may or maynot be issues with fitment to pre 98 F bodies.

Thanks,

Peter

Darren P
03-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I very much doubt that the APS TT system would fit your 95 firebird (3rd generation F body) as the APS TT system is designed for the 98 to 02 model F body, 4th generation F body.

Peter

the 4th gen is 1993 to 2002
it includes both LS1 and LT1

FLAWLS1T/A
03-05-2007, 10:37 PM
wow..... I cant wait to see how this is going to play out in the F-body market, theres just TONS of guys who are going to jump all over this kit.... :)

mahhddgtp
03-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Peter, I think you'd be better off editing your FIRST post... For people don't read threads :judge:

To answer some of the people's questions in here, I'm thinking we're going to have to wait for the kit to be final and there being real numbers given to us from APS (with info on the test car - [other mods]).

But, I am interested to know if there's a possibility to upgrade the size of the compressor wheel (larger compressor wheel -> more flow) like you can do to the Incon kits... BUT! I'm not expecting you to give us an answer, for this kit is not final...

FastBlackTA
03-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Awesome to hear that you're pleased with the C6 TT system and by all means email me when you have the system up and running, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the performance gains. :)

Thanks,

Peter

Will do. :chug:

MY99TAWS6
03-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Ok glad to hear can keep my air conditioning. Also glad to hear about gravity feed since pumps are extra stuff and complicate things a bit. If the system is gravity feed then the turbos must be mounted higher than the gto system which uses a pump.
They look pretty low.So with higher turbo mounting would think ground clearance from the turbos would be good and yes understand you can still get low from the exhaust but again not overly worried would go back to stock height if necessary not a big deal to swap out springs.
My questions have pretty much all been answered now thanks Peter.

bowtieman81
03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Does APS have parts for their kits that people can buy? I am wondering because if you guys make these in batches and sell them all do you have any parts inventory?

For example if an intake pipe was smashed during shipping, would a guy be able to buy this piece?

BADSZ28
03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
This is great news. I hope these kits are still arround or being made when I have the time and money to build the car the way I want.

F-117HWK
03-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Beautiful...hopefully this will be a hit and continue production until I reach this point for the T/A. Nice work!

Jason

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 05:26 PM
it includes both LS1 and LT1Ok, Thanks very much for your reply. I should just clarify that the APS TT system is designed for 98-02 model LS1 powered F body cars. Some guys may choose to fit the TT sysytem to earlier model F body cars though I can't comment if the TT system will be an ideal fit or not. :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM
wow..... I cant wait to see how this is going to play out in the F-body market, theres just TONS of guys who are going to jump all over this kit.... :)I'm very positive that the APS TT system will be ideal for guys wanting around 550 whp on stock LS1 engines and up to 850 whp on built engines. APS have priced the F body TT system very keenly to ensure economical production volumes which allows APS to sell a very high quality product at a affordable price. :nod: :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 05:38 PM
But, I am interested to know if there's a possibility to upgrade the size of the compressor wheel (larger compressor wheel -> more flow) like you can do to the Incon kits... BUT! I'm not expecting you to give us an answer, for this kit is not final...There are a number of companies in the US who can fit high flow comp wheels to the Mitsubishi TDO6 turbocharger though I very much doubt that average guy will need larger comp flow. The Comp wheel on the APS F body turbocharger system as supplied is as large in terms of mass air flow as the GT3076R comp wheel. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Ok glad to hear can keep my air conditioning. Also glad to hear about gravity feed since pumps are extra stuff and complicate things a bit. If the system is gravity feed then the turbos must be mounted higher than the gto system which uses a pump. They look pretty low Correct, The turbos are mounted higher in the F body system so no oil return pump is required.On the GTO the turbos are higher than the engine oil pan and gearbox so ground clearance is never an issue in any event.

So with higher turbo mounting would think ground clearance from the turbos would be good and yes understand you can still get low from the exhaust but again not overly worried would go back to stock height if necessary not a big deal to swap out springs.Just to clarify this point, the turbo clearance will never be a proplem as with all F bodies the left hand side exhaust Y pipe is always the main issue (lowest point) in terms of ground clearance. :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Does APS have parts for their kits that people can buy? I am wondering because if you guys make these in batches and sell them all do you have any parts inventory? We carry a good deal of inventory in stock though most guys will buy small bits and pieces in the US as it's cheaper and quicker to obtain. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 05:50 PM
This is great news. I hope these kits are still arround or being made when I have the time and money to build the car the way I want.The F body TT system will be produced for as long as there's sufficient customer demand. :D

Peter

Houdini
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Peter - Have you given any thought to making a kit for the 1993-1997 LT1 F-bodys?

The 98-02 F-body turbo kit will not work with the 92-97 at all.

JMBLOWNWS6
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Will my aftermarket K member be a problem? Or are you designing this kit for a stock suspension F body?

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Beautiful...hopefully this will be a hit and continue production until I reach this point for the T/A. Nice work!

JasonThanks for those words of support and the F body TT system is coming along very nicely now..............I should have some awesome pics in 4 to 6 weeks time. :)

Peter

2002/Black/SS
03-06-2007, 10:59 PM
where will it mount the turbos, behind the engine? or in front?

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Peter - Have you given any thought to making a kit for the ?

The 98-02 F-body turbo kit will not work with the 92-97 at all.No thought about an earlier TT kit (1993-1997 LT1 F-bodys) at this time though maybe possible in the future if there's sufficient customer demand. :cheers:

Peter

JMBLOWNWS6
03-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Will my aftermarket K member be a problem? Or are you designing this kit for a stock suspension F body?

No answer for this? :(

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Will my aftermarket K member be a problem? Or are you designing this kit for a stock suspension F body?A BMR K member is what we are designing the system around...... :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
where will it mount the turbos, behind the engine? or in front?Towards the rear of the engine...............I'll post pics when I can............4 to 6 weeks time. :)

Peter

JMBLOWNWS6
03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
A BMR K member is what we are designing the system around...... :)

Peter

Perfect exactly what I have! :devil: Just let me know in May where to pay! Im ordering mine and my partner is debating but Im sure he would like one also. Thanks for all the answers and look forward to doing business with you. :)

Houdini
03-07-2007, 01:09 AM
No thought about an earlier TT kit (1993-1997 LT1 F-bodys) at this time though maybe possible in the future if there's sufficient customer demand. :cheers:

Peter

Seeing as nobody makes a TT kit for the 93-97 F-bodys, you would be the only game in town. That just about guarantees you will corner the market, and demand would be high! Everybody ignores our LT1 F-bodys when it comes time to bring a product to the market, companys just continue to saturate the LS1 market place.

You can start your "customer demand" list with me!! :chug:

jlm44
03-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Hey there Peter, quick question I noticed on the GTO TT kit that the O2 sensors are right next to the wastegate. In fact one is before the wastgate and one is after. Is there any reason for this and how is tuning effected? Do you notice any reversion or cross scavaging playing with the O2 sensors response and accuracy? Thanks Jason McD

URLOSN
03-07-2007, 06:30 AM
pm sent peter :)

onfire
03-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Perfect exactly what I have! :devil: Just let me know in May where to pay! Im ordering mine and my partner is debating but Im sure he would like one also. Thanks for all the answers and look forward to doing business with you. :)

Beware the BMR k member. Be sure you have the latest version that the kit is designed for. At least 4 revisions have been made. It's a great K, just be sure you have the latest one since APS is using that one for design.

URLOSN
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM
what about the PA racing k member?? it should fit with it, right?

1CAMWNDR
03-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, this is the best excuse yet to buy a BMR K-member :jest: .

Hugger Z
03-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, this is the best excuse yet to buy a BMR K-member :jest: .
Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing.....May have to see if we can set up a GP! I want mine in Orange!!!:D
EDIT: DOH! Looks like I might have to get it in black.

JMBLOWNWS6
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Beware the BMR k member. Be sure you have the latest version that the kit is designed for. At least 4 revisions have been made. It's a great K, just be sure you have the latest one since APS is using that one for design.

I have the updated one.

2002 Trans Am
03-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Anyone know how much weight loss there is from the stock K-Member to the BMR K-Member

The Dragon
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Already PM'D you days ago so I can buy 2 (TWO :D) Kits :nod:

Would there be any problem running the UMI K-member that is on my Firehawk or would I have to make some modifications?

Also, what is the exact BMR K-member part # so I can order that one for my Woman's car and have 0 fitment issues :)

Thanks Peter!!!

:cheers:

Brenda & Christopher

cablebandit
03-07-2007, 08:56 PM
guys get with Lee at BMR and he might can setup a GP. Lee is da man!!!!!!!!

peter@aps
03-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Perfect exactly what I have! :devil: Just let me know in May where to pay! Im ordering mine and my partner is debating but Im sure he would like one also. Thanks for all the answers and look forward to doing business with you. :)Please email me in early May and I will then email you the F body T purchase/deposit form. Happy to help out with info where I can and I'm 100% positive that you will be absolutely thrilled when you see the level of engineering that's gone into the APS F body TT system. :hail: :D

Thanks,

Peter

JMBLOWNWS6
03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Please email me in early May and I will then email you the F body T purchase/deposit form. Happy to help out with info where I can and I'm 100% positive that you will be absolutely thrilled when you see the level of engineering that's gone into the APS F body TT system. :hail: :D

Thanks,

Peter

No problem Peter. As soon as I get this Ill have installed in a day or two! :devil: Then striat to the dyno for 3 bar! :drive:

ta02zx10r
03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey I pmed ya bud. thanks for the opportunity.

peter@aps
03-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Seeing as nobody makes a TT kit for the 93-97 F-bodys, you would be the only game in town. That just about guarantees you will corner the market, and demand would be high! Everybody ignores our LT1 F-bodys when it comes time to bring a product to the market, companys just continue to saturate the LS1 market place.

You can start your "customer demand" list with me!! :chug:Ok, Thanks for your insight into the 93 to 97 F body twin turbo system market opportunity and I will certainly discuss this possibility with the power to be. I won't make any promises as we have a huge year already planned for new twin turbo system developments. :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Beware the BMR k member. Be sure you have the latest version that the kit is designed for. At least 4 revisions have been made. It's a great K, just be sure you have the latest one since APS is using that one for design.That's for that input, a very valid point. APS is using a BMR 4th generation K member with LS1 engine mounts, part number KM 003. :)

Peter

peter@aps
03-07-2007, 09:56 PM
what about the PA racing k member?? it should fit with it, right?

I can't say for sure either way..........we are using a BMR K member, part number KM003.

Peter

peter@aps
03-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Already PM'D you days ago so I can buy 2 (TWO :D) Kits :nod:

Would there be any problem running the UMI K-member that is on my Firehawk or would I have to make some modifications?

Also, what is the exact BMR K-member part # so I can order that one for my Woman's car and have 0 fitment issues :)

Thanks Peter!!!

:cheers:

Brenda & ChristopherWe have used the BMR K member, part number KM 003. :)

Peter

mahhddgtp
03-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Anyone know how much weight loss there is from the stock K-Member to the BMR K-Member

BMR K-member + BMR upper&lower a-arm set = 42lbs. difference from stock.

Randy_S
03-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Got any pix for us yet? What do you think this kit will do with a 408?

GTObsessor
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Got any pix for us yet? What do you think this kit will do with a 408?

He said we'll be waiting 4-6 weeks for pics but I bet ya it'll be worth the wait ;)

jtcWS6
03-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Please keep us LT1 guys up to date if you plan on making a kit for us. Thanks! :drive:

-Justin

00SS!
03-08-2007, 03:47 PM
subscribing and saving pennies...

mahhddgtp
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Eventually, I'd like to know if the UMI K-member works with this Twin Setup.

(I think I lost the support of the BMR K-member when I found out that it's considered a "streetable" item, but it's still not exactly streetable)

peter@aps
03-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Got any pix for us yet? What do you think this kit will do with a 408?I wil try to have the F body web pages up by the end of April and the twin turbo system will be awesome on a 408 cube engine. :)

Peter

MiaSSmaro98
03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
this will be an awesome kit

2002 Trans Am
03-08-2007, 07:33 PM

(I think I lost the support of the BMR K-member when I found out that it's considered a "streetable" item, but it's still not exactly streetable)

What do you mean the K-Member is not streetable?

Don't know much about them

JMBLOWNWS6
03-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Ive driven my car everywhere with there K member. :judge: I have seen where these K members have cracked but there always two sides to a story.

mahhddgtp
03-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Ive driven my car everywhere with there K member. :judge: I have seen where these K members have cracked but there always two sides to a story.

Is it even repairable when it does crack?

What do you mean the K-Member is not streetable?

Don't know much about them

K-member cracking due to street potholes and such... I just don't like the possibility of a street car having it's K-member crack due to a nasty unseen pothole :bang:

If I have a choice, I'd go with UMI.

JMBLOWNWS6
03-08-2007, 08:44 PM

K-member cracking due to street potholes and such... I just don't like the possibility of a street car having it's K-member crack due to a nasty unseen pothole :bang:

Yes it is. But BMR (Lee) will hook you up with one if there are no signs of abuse. I mean Im pulling the wheels on my car and coming back down and my K member is perfect. I begged UMI to get me one sooner but they took WAY too long. So I got the BMR KM 003 which has proven to taken the abuse. Plus this turbo kit is being designed around it just like speed incs is. So those are two big time turbo kit makers and Im pretty dam sure they know what works and what doesnt. Not to knock UMI because they make a great K member. :)

URLOSN
03-08-2007, 11:07 PM
pm sent

2002 Trans Am
03-08-2007, 11:52 PM

oh ok, I thought it was something with aftermarket K-Members in general. I've heard a few stories of BMR products failing, so I am not shocked that their K-Members have failed.

peter@aps
03-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Please keep us LT1 guys up to date if you plan on making a kit for us. Thanks! :drive:

-JustinWill do though an early F body system would definitely not be in our plans for 07, 08 at earliest if we do develop that system. :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

Houdini
03-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Will do though an early F body system would definitely not be in our plans for 07, 08 at earliest if we do develop that system. :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

Better late than never!

I'll be the sacrificial lamb for the rest of the LT1 crowd.

Later on this year, I'll go and drop of my 1997 T/A at SpeedINC for a custom twin turbo build. After paying through the nose for my TT setup, you will undoubtedly release your kit for the 93-97 LT1 F-bodys a few months later.

Such is the wrath of the Mod God... he is never kind to me!!:bang:

All you LT1 guys can buy me a beer next year for my extreme sacrifice! :chug:

The Dragon
03-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Yes it is. But BMR (Lee) will hook you up with one if there are no signs of abuse . . .

So . . . then . . . all one would have to do is uninstall said K-member.

Have the car down during the following lengthy process.

Box up broken K-member.

Pay to ship broken K-member.

Await an evaluation.

Get a green light from the evaluation.

Then await shipment of a replacement K-member.

Upon receipt of the new K-member; install it back into the car so as to have the car back on the road after the above listed process.

Sounds quick and easy :confused:

Moral of the story: PRAY YOUR K-MEMBER DOESN'T BREAK :nod:

INTMD8
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
The old BMR K-member had all the tubes welded to the steel box that locates the front of the lower control arm. That was a failure point as the box they were welded to could flex and crack.

The new BMR K-members are tube to tube directly and also gusseted. The new design is much stronger and has been very reliable (zero failures) for us. I have one on my 01 SS and am not one bit concerned about it.

WS6 John
03-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Peter,

I assume the BMR K-member is required?
We can't use the stock K-member?

JMBLOWNWS6
03-09-2007, 08:01 PM
The old BMR K-member had all the tubes welded to the steel box that locates the front of the lower control arm. That was a failure point as the box they were welded to could flex and crack.

The new BMR K-members are tube to tube directly and also gusseted. The new design is much stronger and has been very reliable (zero failures) for us. I have one on my 01 SS and am not one bit concerned about it.

Thank you INTMD8. :judge:

JMBLOWNWS6
03-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Will do though an early F body system would definitely not be in our plans for 07, 08 at earliest if we do develop that system. :cheers:

Thanks,

Peter

Peter do you have any idea if you will offer a bigger turbo's. Please let me know. :)

mahhddgtp
03-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Good to know INTMD8

Over_Clocked
03-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Peter - I noticed that there is significant interest in larger turbos not only on this forum but also over on the corvette forum.

Can you check with your engineers about upgraded turbo possibilities? Like other Incon owners, it won't make sense for me to upgrade unless a substantially larger turbo will be supported. :drive:

HossZ28
03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
I may have missed it but what will be the normal price after this deal is over?

peter@aps
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Peter,

I assume the BMR K-member is required?
We can't use the stock K-member?The entire TT system is being dsigned around the BMR K member in order to package large turbochargers. :)

Peter

Got Me SOM
03-10-2007, 06:57 PM
this keeps getting better n better.

I was on I-4 just now, and they are sportbikes everywhere around here since its Bike Week at Daytona, wish I hadthis kit in my car now to play with some of them. :devil:

Urban Legend
03-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Sounds good.

turbo
03-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Hmm, guess I will have a pair of turbos for my camaro when it goes under the knife! Nothing like quad turbos in the garage!

Your other kits always amazed me by how they look like they should be there. Cant wait to see the final product!

Casey

jlm44
03-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Hey peter, me and another bud of mine are interest. If you could answer my question though on the o2 sensor I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks,
Jason

URLOSN
03-12-2007, 06:33 AM
hey peter, i pm'd you. if you have started a list of the first 30 to have a shot at one, i would like to get on the list. thanks
David

peter@aps
03-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Peter do you have any idea if you will offer a bigger turbo's. Please let me know. :) Not on the radar right now as the twin turbos supplied in the base F body system are quite large turbos. How much power are you wanting to produce? :) :cheers:

Peter

peter@aps
03-14-2007, 01:36 AM
The twins mounted into position...............more soon. :)

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/fbody/under1.jpg

98PontiacTA
03-14-2007, 02:05 AM
keep the updates and pictures coming

peter@aps
03-14-2007, 02:19 AM
keep the updates and pictures coming

Will do. :D

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/fbody/rh_ti.jpg

99Z28LS1
03-14-2007, 02:58 AM
this is rediculous, soo amazing and a nice looking clean kit that will offer some VERY promising numbers and GOOD spool

JMBLOWNWS6
03-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Not on the radar right now as the twin turbos supplied in the base F body system are quite large turbos. How much power are you wanting to produce? :) :cheers:

Peter

With the 402 ls2 900rwhp would be enuff ! Is that possible with this kit? Im really interested. :) Ive allready sold my blower kit and have a car waiting for APS love :devil: I have everything FUEL and Motor wise to support this HP.

peter@aps
03-14-2007, 05:40 PM
With the 402 ls2 900rwhp would be enuff ! Is that possible with this kit? Im really interested. :) Ive allready sold my blower kit and have a car waiting for APS love :devil: I have everything FUEL and Motor wise to support this HP.A 900 rwhp F body would be a real beast.................with the right engine and tuning I think you might just reach your power goals.............with very strong power and torque under the curve. :)

Peter

JMBLOWNWS6
03-14-2007, 05:44 PM
A 900 rwhp F body would be a real beast.................with the right engine and tuning I think you might just reach your power goals.............with very strong power and torque under the curve. :)

Peter

Thanks Peter for taking the time to answer all my questions. I am going to wait till may and pay you in full or your deposit to get a kit. Thanks alot for you time and patience.

Joe M

Hurry up July :)

peter@aps
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks Peter for taking the time to answer all my questions. I am going to wait till may and pay you in full or your deposit to get a kit. Thanks alot for you time and patience.

Joe M

Hurry up July :)No problem, Happy to help out. The APS F body twin turbo system could have been released much earlier than July if we used turbo adaptors off the stock exhaust manifoilds to mount the turbos though that would haved ended up being a real issue as the turbos hang far too low with that design and would have required an oil pump to return the oil. Our engineers have designed new turbo exhaust manifold tooling and this has set the time to production. You can't beat a correctly designed fully cast one piece ductile iron exhaust manifold for long term durability and the most efficient energy transfer to the turbochargers. The future looks very exciting for F body twin turbo enthusiasts. :thumb: :cheers:

Peter

Hugger Z
03-15-2007, 09:12 AM
No problem, Happy to help out. The APS F body twin turbo system could have been released much earlier than July if we used turbo adaptors off the stock exhaust manifolds to mount the turbos though that would haved ended up being a real issue as the turbos hang far too low with that design and would have required an oil pump to return the oil. Our engineers have designed new turbo exhaust manifold tooling and this has set the time to production. You can't beat a correctly designed fully cast one piece ductile iron exhaust manifold for long term durability and the most efficient energy transfer to the turbochargers. The future looks very exciting for F body twin turbo enthusiasts. :thumb: :cheers:

Peter
That is why I like the sound of this kit so much. I am an engineer so I can appreciate the work that has gone into this kit. A lot of details were thought through and worked out. I can't wait to see the teaser pictures!!! Waiting sucks! Ha ha.

Boodyrider
03-15-2007, 10:03 AM
it includes both LS1 and LT1

The guy who asked about using it in an LTx body will have a large displacement LSx motor in that body.

The kit design is likely limited by the LS long block dimensions, and might well work with an LT car with a LS motor... but may have other fitment issues in that specific circumstance.

It would be VERY unlikely to fit in an LT powered 93-97, and the manifolds would definitely NOT work, different ports on heads.

JMBLOWNWS6
03-15-2007, 10:16 AM
No problem, Happy to help out. The APS F body twin turbo system could have been released much earlier than July if we used turbo adaptors off the stock exhaust manifoilds to mount the turbos though that would haved ended up being a real issue as the turbos hang far too low with that design and would have required an oil pump to return the oil. Our engineers have designed new turbo exhaust manifold tooling and this has set the time to production. You can't beat a correctly designed fully cast one piece ductile iron exhaust manifold for long term durability and the most efficient energy transfer to the turbochargers. The future looks very exciting for F body twin turbo enthusiasts. :thumb: :cheers:

Peter

Thats good to know. I am not a turbo guru but Im currently updating myself to get up to par on turbo's. I look forward to using your kit and you can bet ill have it installed in 2 days max! I wont sleep till it is done :devil:

Vertigo
03-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I have been following this kit since before APS became a sponser and it has been thrilling to say the least!

APS says the kit is designed around the 4th gen BMR K. Does that mean it will be mandatory to replace your factory k-member with an aftermarket K upon installation of the APS system?

Any other mandatory part swaps / replacements to know about?

Mr. Trick
03-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I know I probably shouldnt even consider going FI right now and wont be one of the first 30, but what all would I need put this kit on my car other than a BMR Kmember and tuning of course to have it running? I know I'll probably need injetors and fuel pump but what else. Also could I put it on a pretty much stock 98 Camaro?

JMBLOWNWS6
03-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I know I probably shouldnt even consider going FI right now and wont be one of the first 30, but what all would I need put this kit on my car other than a BMR Kmember and tuning of course to have it running? I know I'll probably need injetors and fuel pump but what else. Also could I put it on a pretty much stock 98 Camaro?

When doing forced induction you should ALWAYS upgrade your driveline first. The clutch and the rear IMHO. You can do the rear later but it will be on borrowed time if your on a m6 and a tire. The fuel system is a BIG factor. The better question you should ask yourself is what are Your goals. That way you dont get it all together and break something right off the bat. Dont ask me how I know that :jest: