Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

If you havent done the drill mod.....DO IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default If you havent done the drill mod.....DO IT!!!

I know it is a old trick and everyone has prolly donte it, but the drill mod is the best thing I have done for driveability to the car. I cannot believe the amount of difference it made. It makes driving the car fun and easy. I used to be able to launch it once or shift at high rpm wot about two times and after that the pedal just sticks to the floor and it wont go into gear. Now after the mod it will not screw up at all. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend to do what every you can to get it done. It makes a huge difference.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im kinda new to this... so can you send me some instructions on how to do it? Maybe a link. I just ordered a new clutch and hydraulics for mine and I think I may do it to the new MC.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you do is drill out the restictor that is in the braided line that goes from the master to the slave. Well worth it, it makes high rpm shifting much better.

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm
Old 03-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99wssixm6
I know it is a old trick and everyone has prolly donte it, but the drill mod is the best thing I have done for driveability to the car. I cannot believe the amount of difference it made. It makes driving the car fun and easy. I used to be able to launch it once or shift at high rpm wot about two times and after that the pedal just sticks to the floor and it wont go into gear. Now after the mod it will not screw up at all. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend to do what every you can to get it done. It makes a huge difference.

Im with this guy. It has improved my shifting, and the pedal feels solid now. I would add that, If you have headers, to buy some radiator hose from discount, and some heat wrap kits for plugs and wrap that bish up!(works perfect, cut the metal ring out and slip it over the hose, then put the line in the hose), The heat from my headers may have boiled my fluid and led to failure of the hydraulics.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

About how long does it take to do that mod?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
About how long does it take to do that mod?
An hour or 2
Old 03-31-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

You guys that noticed a difference from the drill mod did you have dirty fluid b4 tho? Im thinking about doing this but im afraid some metal shavings could stay in the line and damage the slave or somethin.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpdFrk1990
You guys that noticed a difference from the drill mod did you have dirty fluid b4 tho? Im thinking about doing this but im afraid some metal shavings could stay in the line and damage the slave or somethin.

You need to use a can of compressed air and clean it out once you are finished drilling and before installing.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Shamson5.7
You need to use a can of compressed air and clean it out once you are finished drilling and before installing.
Yeh ill be blowing it out with a air gun and forcing fluid through it b4 install still the thought of metal in the line bothers me lol. Im going to try it I guess though I should be able to flush it out good.
Did you guys bench bleed it any special way b4 installing? I was just going to hook the line back up and have the mc and line all connected then hook up my motive power bleeder and open the quick disconnect to pre-bleed the system.