General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My 1st cop encounter w/ the big ole cam

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st cop encounter w/ the big ole cam

So I’m driving the car w/ the big cam lt’s ory and lm so it’s loud as a freight train. I’ve been reading a lot of stories lately about people getting burned for loud cars so I’ve been real nervous lately. I’m driving up to a yield and see a cop pulling out behind me so I was like ok I’m not speeding I will just go and he will stop for traffic and it will be fine. Well I go and look back and he comes flying out behind me and is coming real hard. The speed limit is 45 so I do around 42, then we catch a red light and he’s right on my butt. My car is lumping like crazy and I start to feel my 1st hart attack coming lol. It finally goes green and I pull out like a grandma and he seems to get tired of it and pulls out to pass me. So I’m like good, but he drives next to me right at 45 mph and won’t pass me. By this time all the cars in front of us are gone so I slow to 35 and so does him!! Man oh man an I sweating bullets, well we come up on a light and it turns yellow right as we hit it and I throw it in neutral and nail the brakes knowing he will go through. I was wrong he nails the brakes as well, by this time I am just about ready to die. He puts his window down and yells “ HEY…..What kinda came you got in there!?!?!?)

Me: An LG mid 240’s cam.

Him: Dude that sounds F**KING sweet! I have a ws6. I used to be a Camaro guy but I like my TA.

Me: Hey thanks.

Him: Yup I just wanted to tell you it sounds awesome.

And he speeds away and left me w/ a smile from ear to ear lol. I can only hope if I have any more cop encounters they will all be like this. I just couldn’t believe it really happened but my buddy aslo a member on this board was w/ me and confirm I was dreaming lol.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Good luck, but some of em are cool. More often than not they associate high powered cars with death on the highway.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow dude you got lucky there. Every once and awhile you find a good one but most cop encounters will not end up like that haha
Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice one... I am starting to see more of these stories, but I'm still skeptical

-J
Old 03-27-2007, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Yeah they not all going to be like that, too bad there aren't more like him. The bad ones ruin it for the others, just like some people here make the rest of us out to be inbred rednecks with mullets
Old 03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Yea I was just totally amazed, I herd about this stuff b4 on here but figured alot of guys were just BS'n. But now I have mt own cop liked the ls1 story.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey man not all 5-0 are ******** some are car guys aint that right staringback05
Old 03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Thank god I live in PA
Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

I've met and been to the tracks with several officers who are car enthusiasts. Great guys.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

some cops are car and bike lovers.
dang you have a mid 240s duration cam with a LM? talk about a headache....and you got it run normal? please who is your tuner? lol.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Right now I just have a street tune and not a WOT tune. I am breaking my gears in 1st, but I can cruz in 6th at like 1500 to 1800 just fine. It is a rapid motorsports tune and should be getting it dyno tuned soon.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Thats awsome!! I would have been scared shitless just like you!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

Reminds me of when I had my LT1. I ran around for 3 months on open headers. No internal engine work, all stock but open long tubes. I drove through a mobile inspection checkpoint with it like that and almost crapped myself, but they didnt make me go thru the inspection process, the cop that was making the decisions on which cars would get inspected waved me to another officer that was writing tickets to cars with minor violations. Both officers came to my window and had a 5 minute conversation about how great my car sounded, but they said I was lucky they liked the car b/c it smelled so bad of gas that anyone else would have sent me thru the emissions check. I got off with no ticket on that one and no inspection!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn alot of people are getting lucky with cops, i wish a cop would be nice enough to take the 9 points off my license
Old 03-27-2007, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
damn alot of people are getting lucky with cops, i wish a cop would be nice enough to take the 9 points off my license
I haven't been that lucky all the time. I still have 6 points now. Got a lot of tickets downgraded in court to non-point tickets also. I was dumb when I first started driving. I was a sucker for parking lots and donuts.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

lol i got stopped in my 89 2.8 v6 Rs and the cop goes, now I know this car is fast you gotta slow it down. Gave me a warning. I was like man it's a v6 it's not fast lol. So hopefully if a cop ever does compliment me again... he knows what he is talking about like above
Old 03-27-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Go Topless
I haven't been that lucky all the time. I still have 6 points now. Got a lot of tickets downgraded in court to non-point tickets also. I was dumb when I first started driving. I was a sucker for parking lots and donuts.
yeah me to also fishtailing in front of a cop car and speeding off like you stole the car is not a very good idea. But you have to love a plea of no contest
Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

T'sBlack99Z28 if I was you I'd find out the officer's name. Perhaps just drop by the police station from time to time to see if he's there. Dropping his name the next time you get pulled over in the area could definitely get you out of a ticket.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

Within a week of buying my Z I was pulled over by an officer who sat in his car for a bit before doing anything, then two more cop cars showed up. Turns out they all just wanted to have a look at the car, lots of mustangs in my town and they just wanted to have a look. All of em' were grinning and smiling being real nice. The officer was a real nice guy, it was a pleasure being pulled over by him and scared half to death that I would get nailed for my longtube/no cat/dumped duals exhaust.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have had 2 encounters similar, both by the same guy. (Of course I don't know this until he comes up to the car)

- First time: Cop pulls out infront of me at an intersection, light is red, and he pulls to the other lane so that he is next to me. His window rolls down, so I roll mine down (barely able to hear him) he says, what kind of exhaust do you have, it doesn't sound stock. At this point IDK if he is complimenting or going to bust my *****. I say just a catback. He goes, things got headers doesnt it? Again, stumbling sounding like a fool I mutter, yeah. He's like yeah I can tell it sounds great. Have a nice day.

- Second time: I was somewhat screwing around for a friend that wasn't in the car. I didn't see the cop next to the gas station. Of course lights come on, and he is on my ***, so I pull over to the next road. He gives me **** for screwing around, and just tells me not to **** around on his campus. He says that he loves my car and was glad to get to see it close up. However, theres not **** he can do when 50 people see me screw around infront of him. So he said we will talk for a few. 5 minutes later I drive away.