Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

damn it to hell.....i accidently scratched one of my TT 2's

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default damn it to hell.....i accidently scratched one of my TT 2's

well i decided to clean my car today wash wax ..the whole works. I got to polishing my wheels and on the third one, dont know how, but one of my fingers got caught in between the towel and the wheel. My head must of been some where else cuz i didnt notice it right away and by the time i did the damage was done. there must have been some dirt in between my finger and the wheel cuz it left a good scratch on there

is there anything i can do to fix it??

this is the best pic i got....waht appears to be dirt on the wheel is just the residue from mothers billet polish

it wont let me up load the pic ill keep trying tho..
Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pm sent
Old 04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant see the pic
Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

here we go....lt1_hawk thanks tho

Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Your TT2's shouldn't be clear-coated, so just pick up some metal polish (ie: mothers) and that scratch will come out VERY easy. Back when I had TT2's somehow my center cap broke lose and out some deep scratches into all 5 spokes. Took some metal polish and came right out.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the mothers polish, I have seen it do wonders
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
Your TT2's shouldn't be clear-coated, so just pick up some metal polish (ie: mothers) and that scratch will come out VERY easy. Back when I had TT2's somehow my center cap broke lose and out some deep scratches into all 5 spokes. Took some metal polish and came right out.

funny that you mention that...thats exactly what i use to polish them...i tried going over and over to see if it would come out but its not.... any other solutions?? besides having to buy a new wheel??? this ******* sucks!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I cant see the pic but if its just a bunch of small scratches you should be able to take them out with some fine 3M rubbing compound and then work it up to the polishing compound.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mother's works and the 3m polishing. But really...unless youre into car shows and the like then who is really gonna notice besides you? I'm sure that's not the first thing people will notice when they see your car.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

Some retard mechanic decided to put the socket on his gun by hitting it against 2 of my wheels and left nice little marks, I had them removed professionally because I'm picky as hell. Not sure where your located but in San Diego theres a company called "Velvet Touch Wheel Services", they did an amazing job and the price was right. They also fixed the small scratches on the edges of my wheels where the previous owner prob turned them into the sidewalk. These guys are magic with wheels.

Nevermind, just saw your located in Texas. Anyway I'm sure theres a similar service offered near you. I think it came to $200 for both wheels, the marks were fairly deep to. They seriously look brand new. I had the place that did it pay for them though so I don't recall the price exactly, but its sure a lot cheaper then new factory wheels.

Quick Reply: damn it to hell.....i accidently scratched one of my TT 2's