Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about one of these stalkers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How about one of these stalkers

I knida like the looks of this kit car its based on the Lotus 7 and they put the 3800 supercharged V6 engine in them but a Ls1 in there would be even better.

here is there website the total kit price seems to be about 18.000.

http://www.bruntonauto.com/

Anybody have one of theses or seen one before or know of any other lotus 7s with a LS1 in it,

Thanks
Old 04-07-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Come on over to usa7s.com. There are several Stalker owners over there.
I'm not aware of any V8 powered Stalkers out there, but I have a LS1 Seven Replica, but it's not a Stalker.

Look here: http://www.usa7s.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=467
Has a short vid, and if you scroll down about 2/3 of the page, some pics.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

go to www.locostusa.com for info. and build it yourself.

i've got the "book" chassis plans and the extended chassis plans for people with longer legs, i've slowly(very very) been going over plans and LSx specs(helps to have one on the stand now) to see what all needs changed off the plans to fit it. slowly i collect parts as i find deals too.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys i like them alot even with the supercharged v6 im sure there fun to drive bieng that light.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

The main problem with the Stalker...it just isnt built strong enough for a ton of power. They are local to me...I have went down and checked out the Stalker and the facility...and I asked them what they think...and he pretty much said...no way...just too much torque and power. This was about a year ago...so maybe he changed some things...but I wouldnt even try to put anything bigger then a 3800 in it.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not going to argue with the guy who built the car, but "too much torque and power"? Believe me, with a 5.7L in there, it's a ton of fun.

It may be too much torque if you have drag slicks on, but with decent DOT tires, the maximum torque you can apply is limited by traction. The difference is that with more power, you're just at close to the traction limit at 70 MPH, as you are at 20 MPH. That's what makes it fun.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

As I said..it was about a year ago or so when i went in to his shop and talked with him. At that point he was just starting reworking his chasis to make it strong enough for the 3800 SC. He said its not so much just the hp and tq...its when he did all the safety and DOT requirements...something about the structural rigidity and all that they wont allow him to sell them or advertise with a bigger motor. Weight, HP, TQ, all that came into play...to be honest he was talking way over my head...but in the end...he pretty much came straight out and said...He wouldnt do it. But looking now I see he has done some work on his frames...alot more gussets and looks to be bigger tubing. So I think next time I am over by his shop....I will stop by and talk to him again. See if he still feels the same way.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok. The same could be said for a lot of cars that are being retrofitted here. Somehow I think Mazda or Nissan would design their cars differently for a V8 torquer from the factory.

I think that unless you add major traction, the stress on the chassis would be mostly due to extra weight (hitting bumps, etc...)- and in that sense, I doubt if there is a weight penalty for a LS1 vs an SC 3800.

SSJimmy, as patgizz suggested, look at locostusa.com. There are several V8 locosts under construction.

I retrofitted a Rotus with the LS1 and couldn't be happier with the results. Now I'm adding more traction to break things

Even with an open diff, 225 tires, and starting in 2nd gear, I laid down an easy 3.8 0-60, and never went past half throttle. I'm hoping for VERY low 3's after this round of mods. That's serious fun.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Check this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=autocross for a good discussion of building one. It spans a lot of things, but I've got some good info, as well as some books listed in there for reference. By all means it's not inclusive, but a good start.

I'm going to be building a homligation of a 7 and like what Argon Z has built for his road/race/auto-x car. It's just taken a back burner postion right now until a few life things get done first.

Mazada...I still need a ride in Frankin 7 though
Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Check this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=autocross for a good discussion of building one. It spans a lot of things, but I've got some good info, as well as some books listed in there for reference. By all means it's not inclusive, but a good start.

I'm going to be building a homligation of a 7 and like what Argon Z has built for his road/race/auto-x car. It's just taken a back burner postion right now until a few life things get done first.

Mazada...I still need a ride in Frankin 7 though
The camaro rear is in... waiting on the driveshaft

Also have the metal on the way for new front Aarms, pivot and pushrod, which I have to make. Looks like she'll be out of commission for another 3 weeks.

I'm hoping to have her on the road around the first week of May again. I'm getting the itch for sure.

After this round, I'll have a torsen diff (instead of open), 305's in the back (instead of 225's), a bunch more rubber in the front, bigger brakes.

The downside is the front discs are HEAVY (22lbs). I should have a bunch more traction now.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

What break upgrade did you go with?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

C5 uprights, brakes, etc... in the front, 2002 camaro SS stuff in the rear

13.1" fronts (which are really oversized), but I can pretty much go down pikes peak and not cook the brakes now

There is a company that makes Titanium ceramic coated rotors (and matching calipers) for the C5. The rotors weigh 4.8 lbs, compared to 20 lbs, but the set costs 3600.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:38 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by 99c5vert
C5 uprights, brakes, etc... in the front, 2002 camaro SS stuff in the rear

13.1" fronts (which are really oversized), but I can pretty much go down pikes peak and not cook the brakes now

There is a company that makes Titanium ceramic coated rotors (and matching calipers) for the C5. The rotors weigh 4.8 lbs, compared to 20 lbs, but the set costs 3600.
OUTCH! That's a purdy price.

I'm thinking that I'll look for some race used pieces or something on eBay when it's time. Hopefully I'll be able to find some nicely priced hard core pieces.

Darn that dude Kinsler and his bad *** car...

I don't know what it is...but the raw sports cars have really grown on me since seeing them on the auto-x course.

http://www.arielatom.com
Old 04-14-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks guys for all the info i like the look of the stalkers the most the turbo ecotec would be a good option for it too I think.

Quick Reply: How about one of these stalkers