Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ttop shades

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ttop shades

Well, two days ago i was riding around and it was only about 90 degrees outside but with a black car, black leather, it wasnt fun. I had to put the tops on and the windows up and it was still burning up inside with the AC on full blast. I could feel all the heat comming in from the tops. I always read about Ttop shades on here but in everyones pics and whatnot they always take them off or when people are selling them they just say the color and dont post pics. Ive personally never seen a set but they seem like they would help in this situation. Can anyone post a few pics of what they look like? Do they really help or am i better off tinting them 5% like my windows?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

T-top shades come with these cars. That's weird that you don't have them. They make a huge difference inside the car if it's very hot outside. If nobody posts pics, I will tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

You mean these nifty little things i have mine in my car

I cant take any in car pictures it to dark and my car doesnt move right now so
Old 06-07-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I agree, the help a LOT in very warm climates. I love mine.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Teching In

here is a photo from "bob" that I recently purchased from him. They werent available with my car when purchased, so I had to aquire them myself. They work like a charm in 90 plus degree sun. Also, if you have to park your car in the sun for any length of time, it helps somewhat keeping it cooler inside.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies. Ill definatly be on the lookout for some now.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How do you put these in? Do they just slide in or do you have to velcro them to the t-tops or what?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Stock, there were velcro patches on the underside of the T-top panels and on the shades.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:07 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, mine never came with those. It gets really bad down here too. Recently it's been so hot the top of my head has been getting burnt. I usually use a 3/8s guard (broken doh!), but recently I've been using a 1/4 guard. You wouldn't think 1/8 of an inch would be that much concerning hair, but it really does. It's becoming rather ridiculous. I'm going to have to look into getting some of those.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Damn, mine never came with those. It gets really bad down here too. Recently it's been so hot the top of my head has been getting burnt. I usually use a 3/8s guard (broken doh!), but recently I've been using a 1/4 guard. You wouldn't think 1/8 of an inch would be that much concerning hair, but it really does. It's becoming rather ridiculous. I'm going to have to look into getting some of those.
I might get maybe 15 days a year that are over 90. Lots of 70's and 80's. I kind of thought the shades were low quality and shaved the velcro off the T-top panels and tossed the shades after a couple of years of the woman asking "what are these for?". Big country, and I don't have do deal with the heat here, but the cardboard shades, in my opinion, are a poor GM solution.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Eww, velcro? That doesnt sound very good looking. Anyone have pics of them on the car and the car when they are not on? Im starting to go the 5% tint on the tops route...
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skeels
Eww, velcro? That doesnt sound very good looking. Anyone have pics of them on the car and the car when they are not on? Im starting to go the 5% tint on the tops route...
Yea i think i'll pass on the vecro deal to.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine just slide right in...I removed the velcro. A MUST have when it starts getting over 90 deg.
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know I've never taken my shades off. I've got 5% tint on the sides and back and when its nice out I just take the t-tops off and roll the windows down.
TECH Resident

well i didnt get the shades w/ my car ...and yes it is velcro....but its not like a huge patch underneath the t-tops. its probably the size of a quarter...and there is on per side. one at the back right hand side on the driver top and back left hand side for the pass top....there about 1 1/2-2inch away from the black shade.....u dont even notice that there even there....i have never heard anybody complain about em(includin myself and im a picky basterd )......girls or guys...b/c u cant see em while drivin and the only time u will is when ur takin em off...no biggie
TECH Resident

Yup, mine used (I believe) two velcro spots about the size of a quarter. My other LS1 was a hardtop and none of my third gens had shades so I was surprised when I saw the SS with these. Of course, I didn't care for it or the two velcro dots on my t-tops so I pulled mine and sold them to a friend, took a razor blade and scrapped the dots off, and then took some goo-gone and removed the glue residue left over from the dots. It gets pretty hot here in Oklahoma, but honestly I've never had a problem or regreted taking the shades off. I enjoy the 'open' feeling of having the glass top.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
Yup, mine used (I believe) two velcro spots about the size of a quarter. My other LS1 was a hardtop and none of my third gens had shades so I was surprised when I saw the SS with these. Of course, I didn't care for it or the two velcro dots on my t-tops so I pulled mine and sold them to a friend, took a razor blade and scrapped the dots off, and then took some goo-gone and removed the glue residue left over from the dots. It gets pretty hot here in Oklahoma, but honestly I've never had a problem or regreted taking the shades off. I enjoy the 'open' feeling of having the glass top.
me too!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tylerdj
Mine just slide right in...I removed the velcro. A MUST have when it starts getting over 90 deg.
I dont know why the velcro is on them for, they just ( or I just ) slide them in wedged in the weather stripping and wha - la, they work just fine, with out the velcro.