PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o my goodness!!! programming woes!? everyone help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default o my goodness!!! programming woes!? everyone help!

ok has the SLP MAF on my car figured out by some of you helping me i need to take that off until i can get predator to custom tune. i can deal with that. i have the stcok one back on now and my fuel trims are low but still not as low as they can be. now i have a new problem, who would have thought. with the SLP MAF on there i can hear the engine make a weird noise someone said was a pinging noise. that doesnt sound good! what do i need to do to get that pinging to go away? what should a adjust? it does it with the stcok one on there too and i got some KR in 4th gear but didnt see it come bcak up until i was doing 50 in 6th and gave it some more gas? what would happen if i continue to run like this? do i need to take out some timing? if so how much? and do i need to adjust the air/fuel? or should i just take it out all together and just try to wait until i dyno tune so i can get it just right? i just dont wanna blow up so please guys help ! thanks
Old 05-09-2003, 12:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: o my goodness!!! programming woes!? everyone help!

Just set the power enrichment to +5% for starters
and see what you get.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok well i did that and i still her it. i went back to stock tune and stock MAF for now and the LTFT are low now right at about 0. do i really need to keep an eye on the o2 or just the LTFT? dont the LTFT's compensate when the o2 readings are off? i mean hell i dont know but is that a good guess lol im gonna just keep it all out til i can hit the dyno or get some more knowlege on it cause i dont wanna break anything. so keep flowin wiht the comments so i can figure this crap out. lol taking out the maf and predator how much power would i be losing. cause honestly it feels better now. but the initial tune i had from predator felt fast as crap and the LTFT's were down and i had my MAF on there. is it just a matter if getting it all rihgt? can i get it all right if i dyno tune it?
Old 05-09-2003, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PE will not help at part throttle. You need to scan and determine at what rpms and gms/cyl the knock occurs. Adjust the timing in those areas. At wot PE might help and timing might help. Having said this, how's your gas?
Old 05-09-2003, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok i took out the tuning and the MAF. im gonna wait til i can get to a dyno and get it tuned right. should i just keep the stock MAF and get ported ends? or try with the SLP i heard that in a warmer climate it causes detonation and its pretty damn hot here. lol u think slp will let me return it and get some credit?
Old 05-09-2003, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

my fuel mileage i really could only tell u wiht the SLP on there it was about 19 mpg in the city on a good day. in the winter it would be worse. like 16.5 mpg but i would say overall in the summer about 18 mpg all city driving back and forth to college and through the parking deck. so what were u wondering about the fuel mileage for? what should i be at? ill keep an eye on it now with the stock tune and MAF. should i get ported ends?
Old 05-10-2003, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he means quality? octane level ,age, or contaminates you big dummy!
Old 05-10-2003, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

hey man take it easy everyone has been askin me what gas i run so i thought thats what he meant. i run 93 octane from 76 or shell. it doesnt sit for a long time at all and everything is up to date maintenance wise. fuel filter and fuel sys service