Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker vs. slp dd

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooker vs. slp dd

anybody heard both of these in person or had both on there car? I have slp dd on my car right now but it is just too quiet I was wondering if anyone knew if the hooker would be louder than slp dd? I have lt's, and ory. I don't have quite enough money to go with a full catback so I was just thinking about swapping out the slp muffler for the hooker aero.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

I'm in the same situation. Magnaflow muffler only was ok for a while but I couldn't here the damn thing unless I stood behind the car. Went to a Super Turbo which eventually blew out enough that I could at least here a slight rumble but the bitch blew out its insides after only about 1000 miles and rattled all to hell.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Launching!

also I just noticed that the hooker aero chamber has flanges on one side of the muffler but my slp dd is welded at the inlet's, if remember correctly. So would I beable to just cutout the old slp dd muffler and weld in the hooker?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hooker is louder and sounds better IMO with headers
Old 07-15-2007, 03:24 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Just get a cut-out slapped in. The SLP Dual-Dual is a great flowing cat-back, and with the cut-out you could also get a QTEC. You'd have the best of both worlds. Quiet car and loud with a flip of a switch.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

my hooker longtube/hooker catback combo sounds perfect for me. not too loud but the overall sound is topnotch
Old 07-15-2007, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had both and both are to quiet for me. I had 20 minutes of drive time and took it off and sold it. I have V-Force from the local Muffler shop today, sounds good, louder than each of these, but now I'm looking for something louder but tolerable LM II or Rumbler.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Just get a cut-out slapped in. The SLP Dual-Dual is a great flowing cat-back, and with the cut-out you could also get a QTEC. You'd have the best of both worlds. Quiet car and loud with a flip of a switch.

Peace,
Craig.

I currently have a cutout, but it is not electric and I just want something that sounds good because I don't always want to run the cutout. and how does the hooker compare to the slp dua dual in flow?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HardBlu
I had both and both are to quiet for me. I had 20 minutes of drive time and took it off and sold it. I have V-Force from the local Muffler shop today, sounds good, louder than each of these, but now I'm looking for something louder but tolerable LM II or Rumbler.
how much louder did you think the hooker was than the slp dual dual? I was thinking about going with the tsp rumbler because I know it will be loud enough for me but I don't want a lot of rasp
Old 07-16-2007, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had both before on my 99. The hooker is a little louder and has more resonance (drone) inside the car than the dual/dual does. The hooker becomes much louder than the dual/dual with a cam. If you intend on putting a cam in the car I would keep what you have. The tips look better. Then go get an electric cutout and you can control the volume. This is a very nice feature with a street car.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by burnrubr88
I currently have a cutout, but it is not electric and I just want something that sounds good because I don't always want to run the cutout. and how does the hooker compare to the slp dua dual in flow?
Buy an extra plate for your cutout and drill a 1/4" hole in it. That will add some sound. If that is not loud enough, increase the size of the hole.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

I'd just buy and electric cut out or you can prob. trade someone exhausts everyone is always looking to get a dual dual. I love the way mine sounds especially for a Daily Driver.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you really want your car louder Ill trade you my slp loudmouth 1 with 3.5in tips.